Football is coming

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Boilerdude
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Football is coming

Post by Boilerdude » Aug Sun 25, 2013 12:48 pm

Where is all the fanaticism? NCAA and the NFL season is coming up.

Boiler up! Hammer Down! (They will stink this year, but ya gotta stick with your team).

Bear Down Chicago Bears! (We might have something this year.)

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Football is coming

Post by NaCler » Aug Sun 25, 2013 8:48 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but I sure am excited about the season starting up. GO Gators and Jags!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Sun 25, 2013 10:12 pm

I always enjoy the start of football season. To me it is a way of coping through the early part of Fall semester until hockey starts up and then you have something to enjoy almost every night.

Here's to hoping my Scarlet Knights can take a Big East title in their final year there and then let's go fantasy football teams :D
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 26, 2013 5:31 am

My team and I are ready for some fooooootballlllllll! :D

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Aug Mon 26, 2013 7:59 am

I'm with Len, kind of biding my time until hockey season starts. :)

Colts look decent this year. Not amazing, but decent. I'm still kind of reeling that we let Payton Manning go like that. :P Broncos will be virtually unstoppable in the AFC West.

College? Hubby is a ND fan, and I am by default. Parents are Michigan fans, I have always secretly hated University of Michigan because they're all spoiled, rich, whiny brats at that school. Ok, maybe not all of them... but you know. My own alma mater, Michigan Tech, plays div II football, and usually does well. Meghan is at Ball State, in the MAC, and did well last year, but they're not serious national contenders. so... I just enjoy a good college football game, and don't really care most of the time who wins. Sure, I"ll cheer for ND or Michigan State or yeah, even Michigan, being a Michigan gal. Purdue and IU, too... but I really don't care that much, just want a good game with good play and good attitudes.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 26, 2013 1:11 pm

cy1229 wrote:I'm with Len, kind of biding my time until hockey season starts. :)

Colts look decent this year. Not amazing, but decent. I'm still kind of reeling that we let Payton Manning go like that. :P Broncos will be virtually unstoppable in the AFC West.

College? Hubby is a ND fan, and I am by default. Parents are Michigan fans, I have always secretly hated University of Michigan because they're all spoiled, rich, whiny brats at that school. Ok, maybe not all of them... but you know. My own alma mater, Michigan Tech, plays div II football, and usually does well. Meghan is at Ball State, in the MAC, and did well last year, but they're not serious national contenders. so... I just enjoy a good college football game, and don't really care most of the time who wins. Sure, I"ll cheer for ND or Michigan State or yeah, even Michigan, being a Michigan gal. Purdue and IU, too... but I really don't care that much, just want a good game with good play and good attitudes.
I feel about ND the way you feel about U of M. I understand living close to a big college football town it is going to be like that, but it is just nuts around here. We try to avoid having to go anywhere near South Bend on home game weekends as the people are just awful.

Boilerdude

Post by Boilerdude » Aug Mon 26, 2013 7:07 pm

Not a ND fan either. And growing up and living only an hour away you would think I would be a fan. They have a pretty campus and love the history for ND football just not a fan. I do prefer college football over the NFL, but only by a tad. Got my fantasy football draft coming up too so that is always a good time. Would say my teams name but it's not family material :)

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Mon 26, 2013 7:46 pm

I don't care about NFL I just love my BOILERS!! As long as we beat IU, I don't really care! There is nothing like fall semester at Purdue and football games, oh and breakfast club! :mrgreen: Ah, I miss college!

Boiler UP!

Boilerdude

Post by Boilerdude » Aug Mon 26, 2013 9:11 pm

If you are wondering what is Breakfast Club at Purdue...
Best described as a cross between a pep rally and a Halloween party, students and even some alumni dress up in costumes, from traditional Halloween garb to creative hand-made costumes, as they bar-hop before Boilermaker home football games. The Breakfast Club plays a significant role during the football season and is informally a part of Purdue tradition. Many Boilermaker fans are dedicated; getting up at 5 am on Saturdays and lining up at the bars on Chauncey Hill and the levee by 6 am

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Aug Tue 27, 2013 8:38 am

Boilerdude wrote:If you are wondering what is Breakfast Club at Purdue...
Best described as a cross between a pep rally and a Halloween party, students and even some alumni dress up in costumes, from traditional Halloween garb to creative hand-made costumes, as they bar-hop before Boilermaker home football games. The Breakfast Club plays a significant role during the football season and is informally a part of Purdue tradition. Many Boilermaker fans are dedicated; getting up at 5 am on Saturdays and lining up at the bars on Chauncey Hill and the levee by 6 am
Michigan Tech can hold its own in the bar-hopping department. I mean, seriously, there isn't a whole lot more to do in the UP than study or drink. Well, ski... I digress...

Michigan Tech can hold its own in the bar-hopping department, but even Techies don't start drinking at 5 am!!! Egad!!!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Aug Tue 27, 2013 10:45 am

boilerbabe wrote:I don't care about NFL I just love my BOILERS!! As long as we beat IU, I don't really care! There is nothing like fall semester at Purdue and football games, oh and breakfast club! :mrgreen: Ah, I miss college!
I miss college a lot too. Undergrad was the best!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Boilerdude

Post by Boilerdude » Aug Fri 30, 2013 8:54 am

If anyone stayed up and watched Ole Miss vs. Vandy last night, what a game!

DaRkNeSs
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by DaRkNeSs » Aug Sat 31, 2013 9:34 am

GO TERPS AND RAVENS!!! Cant wait for hockey this year myself, expecting another let down from the Capitals as usual tough in regular season, :hm_ghost: choke in playoffs. :mickey:

:donald:
Cant wait for Thursday but playing Denver at home to open the season Whoa, should be a battle.
Look for the Bear necessities!!! Trust in me, just in me Shut your eyes and trust in me You can sleep safe and sound Knowing I am around!!

Boilerdude

Post by Boilerdude » Sep Sun 01, 2013 12:21 pm

So what did we learn about our college teams this weekend. I learned not only is Purdue bad but they are fundamentally bad.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Sep Sun 01, 2013 12:41 pm

I don't wish to discuss my Boilers. I missed the game due to my phys. therapy, I'm glad I'm missed it!!! :roll: