Camera Discussion

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Camera Discussion

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Mon 17, 2014 5:15 pm

A friend of mine bought me a travel tripod. It worked really well for use on our balcony and for Illuminations, it just doesn't extend all the way to the ground. For fireworks at MK, I did the best with these setting: ISO 800, f 4.5, 1/10 exposure.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Mar Tue 04, 2014 11:59 pm

I got a Sunpak tripod/monopod combo that is sturdy enough to hold my SLR and heaviest lens on it. Only issue its a bit heavy. I do plan to bring it with me for fireworks shots the next time I go to the park. Nothing like those long exposure shots to capture streaking lines of the fireworks.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Fri 25, 2014 11:28 pm

So I kept true to my word in the prior post. The only change was I dumped my Sunpak due to poor material quality resulting in the thing breaking for a Manfrotto BeFree. The thing I like a lot about the Manfrotto is that it collapses down pretty well, weighs about 3 pounds, and has its own carrying case. So far I have really no issues and it did see pretty heavy use in the month I have had it. I used this setup for both Wishes and Illuminations. Those who are friends with me on Facebook have seen a sample of the results. If you are not friends with me, I am hoping to get pictures posted very soon. I have already skimmed through all of my pictures from the trip so I just have to start uploading.

I also ended up having to free hand Frozen fireworks at DHS due to just being too much to lug around and crowding issues at DHS.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"