Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Amy's Zoo Escape 1/12/13

Post by Jacca5660 » Jan Tue 15, 2013 1:08 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:Come to Chattanooga. We have a wonderful Zoo, a WORLD CLASS AQUARIUM, great restaurants, and you can park for the day for $4!!!
But I'm not sure I know anyone in Chattanooga who is worth visiting... :wink: :lol: 8-)
BITE ME!!!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jan Tue 15, 2013 1:09 pm

Amy wrote:
cy1229 wrote:Heeheeheehee Jacca knows I heart him. I just like pushing his buttons.
Yeah, he's just a big ole teddy bear :D
More like a GRIZZLY!

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jan Tue 15, 2013 2:19 pm

A M A Z I N G pics!!!! and for only$5..I'll take a year pass please!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jan Tue 15, 2013 4:22 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
Amy wrote:
cy1229 wrote:Heeheeheehee Jacca knows I heart him. I just like pushing his buttons.
Yeah, he's just a big ole teddy bear :D
More like a GRIZZLY!
I was thinking Duffy. Cute and cuddly, with adorable outfits to match the seasons and holidays.

snicker
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jan Tue 15, 2013 6:23 pm

cy1229 wrote:I was thinking Duffy. Cute and cuddly, with adorable outfits to match the seasons and holidays.
You've scene pictures from when Baloo dresses me!!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jan Tue 15, 2013 6:42 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
cy1229 wrote:I was thinking Duffy. Cute and cuddly, with adorable outfits to match the seasons and holidays.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 15, 2013 7:57 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:A M A Z I N G pics!!!! and for only$5..I'll take a year pass please!!!
Thanks :D It was a special price since it was a "winter day" Normal admission for an adult is $8, but I could get a membership for $40 for a year. If it was closer, I might, just to have an escape occasionally, but it is almost an hour away. F1gment and I did have a membership once, but didn't get there very often. They do reciprocal entrance with other zoos as well so I went a lot the year I took a zoo vacation. I spent about 5 days traveling around Ohio seeing all the big city zoos. That was a fun trip :D
The real steal was the day was free for members, and all those under 2. And they had special crafts and stories for the little kids. If the weather is nice in February, I might just have to go again. Actually it would be nice if it was a bit colder and not quite so many little ones could make it ;)

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jan Tue 15, 2013 9:37 pm

Amy wrote:
yodiwan1 wrote:A M A Z I N G pics!!!! and for only$5..I'll take a year pass please!!!
Thanks :D It was a special price since it was a "winter day" Normal admission for an adult is $8, but I could get a membership for $40 for a year. If it was closer, I might, just to have an escape occasionally, but it is almost an hour away. F1gment and I did have a membership once, but didn't get there very often. They do reciprocal entrance with other zoos as well so I went a lot the year I took a zoo vacation. I spent about 5 days traveling around Ohio seeing all the big city zoos. That was a fun trip :D
The real steal was the day was free for members, and all those under 2. And they had special crafts and stories for the little kids. If the weather is nice in February, I might just have to go again. Actually it would be nice if it was a bit colder and not quite so many little ones could make it ;)
$40 for a year is a steal! If you go just six times in a year you've saved $. I think the Indy zoo is at least double that for a single membership.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 16, 2013 9:03 am

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:
$40 for a year is a steal! If you go just six times in a year you've saved $. I think the Indy zoo is at least double that for a single membership.
I agree, but it is a small zoo. But if you are going to any other zoos on the reciprocal list, that's where you save a ton of money :D

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Fri 18, 2013 1:08 am

Awesome pictures Amy and definitely well worth the money. Don't really know how often you will be able to get such warm weather living in the North in the middle of January. Next time I think this needs a different title though. For a while I thought you escaped from the zoo! :goofy_bounce:
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 18, 2013 7:34 am

Len90 wrote:Awesome pictures Amy and definitely well worth the money. Don't really know how often you will be able to get such warm weather living in the North in the middle of January. Next time I think this needs a different title though. For a while I thought you escaped from the zoo! :goofy_bounce:
Thanks Len. It was definitely an unexpectedly nice day for January. And you never know, perhaps I did escape from the zoo ;) :lol:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Sat 02, 2013 2:00 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
That's definitely better than when you dress yourself...(slinky red dress, anyone?) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Feb Sat 02, 2013 7:38 pm

MmeLeota wrote:That's definitely better than when you dress yourself...(slinky red dress, anyone?) :lol: :lol: :lol:
:oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink: 8-)

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Feb Mon 11, 2013 10:28 pm

Oh wow that is so cool! Thank you for sharing! I should share some of my Zoo pictures I've taken too!
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 12, 2013 8:03 am

MetalRage wrote:Oh wow that is so cool! Thank you for sharing! I should share some of my Zoo pictures I've taken too!
Thanks! I would love to see your photos :D