86%
No
14%

Total votes: 66

jumboshrmp
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor
Casey Junior Circus Train Conductor

Post by jumboshrmp » May Sun 14, 2006 8:01 am

Oh yeah, that's right. Other than Harry Potter, I also really liked Holes, The Hatchet (and the sequels), the Roald Dahl and Louis Sachar novels and short stories are chldrens classics, and I also love to look at books about roller coaster, full of pictures. That isn't really literature, but it's a lot of fun, because most of the photos are original due to copyright.
[url=http://www.disneymountainrides.com][img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/151/sig9bn.jpg[/img][/url]
Visit http://www.disneymountainrides.com/photos to see the photos from my May 5th trip to WDW!

knedeau
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by knedeau » May Mon 15, 2006 8:58 am

That's so Cool! Roald Dahl's daughter, Ophelia Dahl spoke at commencement yesterday at the college I work at! Small world!
"Hey, Look at that guy in the Goofy Mask!" "That's not a mask!" "Oh... Sorry Lady!"

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » May Mon 15, 2006 10:55 am

It's not fantasy or sci-fi... but I'm currently reading The Devil Wears Pinstripes by Jim Caple, and can highly recommend it to any baseball fan not afflicted with that horrible disease of rooting for the Yankees.
~Steve

FlatlandMounty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlatlandMounty » May Mon 15, 2006 10:57 am

I'm a very visual person. I LOVE movies way too much. Books are so 1 dimensional. I need audio, I need visual, I need to feel the bass when things explode.

Not that my imagination doesn't work. And I'm not stupid (Purdue University graduate). I just enjoy it more when more of my senses are stimulated. (Ya know Disney is a world leader in the video experience over just plain video.)

I guess what I'm trying to say is...I'm 22 and I've read about 3 books from cover to cover in my entire life. And if I don't ever read another one...I'll be plenty happy.

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » May Mon 15, 2006 11:12 am

FlatlandMounty wrote:(Purdue University graduate)
BOOOOO! GO DAME!!

;-)
~Steve

FlatlandMounty
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by FlatlandMounty » May Mon 15, 2006 3:25 pm

I'll route for Notre Dame as soon as they join a conference...or the BCS stuff gives them equal treatment. They screw teams out of bowls every year who deserve it just because they're Notre Dame. And to fire Ty Willingham the year before his first recruiting class was seniors...he was still playing with Davie rejects.

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » May Mon 15, 2006 4:25 pm

Can't disagree with you on the Willingham firing... complete lack of class, made me ashamed for the school and the team.

But the BCS stuff (and, likewise, gripes about the NBC contract) are just jealousy... besides... how many years has Dame played in a BCS bowl? Two. Out of eight years the program has been around... so they aren't "screwing" anyone.

Anyway, enough off-topic... just had to take a shot at a Boilermaker ;-)
~Steve

treebeliever
Omnibus Driver
Omnibus Driver

Post by treebeliever » May Wed 17, 2006 2:21 pm

Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons" is pretty cool!

I've heard good things about "Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini

Cheshire Cat
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain
Mark Twain Steamboat Captain

Post by Cheshire Cat » May Wed 17, 2006 3:07 pm

I liked "Angels and Demons" better than "The Da Vinci Code" I can't wait for the final book to come out...

SpaceyMounty
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by SpaceyMounty » May Wed 17, 2006 11:32 pm

Airframe by Michael Crichton is good and so is pretty much any other Michael Crichton.

I want to see The Da Vinci code since I cant read the book

James
Disneyland is the best!

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » May Thu 18, 2006 11:41 am

SpaceyMounty wrote:Airframe by Michael Crichton is good and so is pretty much any other Michael Crichton.
Is this a new book?

It's time for me to read some new hardcore Sci-Fi. It's been too long since I've read something like that.
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

SeasDiver
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by SeasDiver » May Thu 18, 2006 4:15 pm

I like Michael Stackpole for Sci-Fi/Fantasy. He has quite a few novels in several series (primarily BattleTech and Star Wars), and also a number of novels set in his own worlds.

Regards,
Aaron
Regards,
Aaron
Another Day, Another Dive

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » May Thu 18, 2006 5:50 pm

airframe is not a new new book, it came out a few years ago (copyright 1996). his newest is State of Fear which came out in December.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Darren
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Darren » May Thu 18, 2006 10:27 pm

I haven't read anything in a while. I feel like I'm at the bottom of my reading cycle, so it'll probably be months, if not a year or more before I really get excited about reading again. I've been reading a little bit of Sherlock Holmes stories lately.

SpaceyMounty

Post by SpaceyMounty » May Sat 20, 2006 4:02 pm

I started to read State of Fear a little bit ago and I liked it but there is a program at my school where the books in the library are worth a certain amount of points and by reading and taking a 10 question test on the book, you get the points. Every quarter you get a goal that you have to reach by the end of it. State of Fear isnt in the library so I had to read something else.

James
Disneyland is the best!