Re: Read any good books lately???

Post by DAR » May Sat 19, 2012 1:13 pm

Now I'm reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Sat 19, 2012 2:09 pm

I just finished a few particularly unremarkable books. Haven't had a good page turner in awhile :(

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » May Sat 19, 2012 3:02 pm

I started to read The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett last year but due to my study I didn´t have the time for reading. Its really a great book and I hope I can finish it in August during my semester break.

Another book I have to read for my literature class is Uncle Tom's Cabin. I will start with it this week after I finished my midterm paper.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » May Wed 23, 2012 9:08 am

Amy wrote:I just finished a few particularly unremarkable books. Haven't had a good page turner in awhile :(
Ever read anything by Frances Hodgson Burnett? I think you'd like her stuff. Interesting thing about her writing is that it was originally intended to be "children's stories", but back then there was a much higher standard for literature. So her stuff is great inspirational reading for all ages now, in my opinion.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Wed 23, 2012 9:21 am

Mousekedude wrote:
Amy wrote:I just finished a few particularly unremarkable books. Haven't had a good page turner in awhile :(
Ever read anything by Frances Hodgson Burnett? I think you'd like her stuff. Interesting thing about her writing is that it was originally intended to be "children's stories", but back then there was a much higher standard for literature. So her stuff is great inspirational reading for all ages now, in my opinion.
thanks! I'll have to keep an eye out for that when I go through the library sale bin...and my favorite bookstore ~ Goodwill on half price days :lol:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » May Wed 30, 2012 9:19 am

Mousekedude wrote:
Ohhh yes... "The Secret Garden" was one of my childhood favourites.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Sun 17, 2012 2:23 pm

I'm slinking backward here, but I'm in the middle of reading "The Kingdom Keepers". It's due back to the library next week and I'm a slow reader so I'd better get a move on. :shock:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sun 17, 2012 8:56 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I'm slinking backward here, but I'm in the middle of reading "The Kingdom Keepers". It's due back to the library next week and I'm a slow reader so I'd better get a move on. :shock:
Those read pretty fast, you should be ok ;)

DisneySpin
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by DisneySpin » Jun Wed 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Ok, just finished with the dreaded Summer head cold and needed some lighter reading. The four books that make up the Peter and the Starcatchers series were pretty good. They are YA books, but the stories and characters are well developed and make a fun, credible lead up to Peter Pan. A lot like Wicked was for the Wizard of Oz. Would love to see the show on Broadway based on the first book, lots of good humor, too. Black "Stache" Moustache, who will become Captain Hook, is a kick.
We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad."

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Thu 28, 2012 11:43 pm

Just got some additions to my Disney book collection. They are the big "The Art of Disney", "Building A Dream: The Art of Disney Architecture" and "Be Our Guest: Perfecting the Art of Customer Service". I am really excited to read the Be our Guest book and should be starting it in the coming days.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Fri 29, 2012 7:14 am

Len90 wrote:Just got some additions to my Disney book collection. They are the big "The Art of Disney", "Building A Dream: The Art of Disney Architecture" and "Be Our Guest: Perfecting the Art of Customer Service". I am really excited to read the Be our Guest book and should be starting it in the coming days.
Nice! I remember seeing the Be Our Guest book at WDW the last time we went. I thought about picking up a copy online to save a few dollars though. You'll have to let us know what you think of it :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Sun 01, 2012 10:11 am

Currently I'm working on reading Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, mostly because I saw the trailer for the film and wanted to read the book first. It's quite the interesting read. Sounds a bit odd when you first hear the title but I'm enjoying it immensely.

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Jul Mon 02, 2012 4:11 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I'm slinking backward here, but I'm in the middle of reading "The Kingdom Keepers". It's due back to the library next week and I'm a slow reader so I'd better get a move on. :shock:
My daughter and I are reading Kingdom Keepers....we are hooked!!! Love them,you can just imagine where they are in the parks by the descriptions!!

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Jul Thu 12, 2012 10:32 am

brerrabbit1 wrote:
My daughter and I are reading Kingdom Keepers....we are hooked!!! Love them,you can just imagine where they are in the parks by the descriptions!!
When I moved last year I forgot my Kingdom Keepers books at my parents house but I just talke to my mom a few minutes ago and she will send me the books with some other stuff I urgently need. I hope I get them by saturday. But I still dont know where my KK3 is so I have to order it again together with part 4 and 5 which I didn´t have read yet.

The books are really great.

junebug1233
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by junebug1233 » Jul Thu 12, 2012 10:44 am

I finished reading Moneyball not that long ago. It's probably only really interesting if you really like baseball, but I thought it was really well written and interesting.