Skateboarding anyone?

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Skateboarding anyone?

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Tue 13, 2012 8:50 pm

What?? I'm innocent I tell ya. INNOCENT!! Well I'm not guilty this time! 8-)
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Mar Sat 30, 2013 5:12 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:I'm realizing now that a lot of folks on this forum are part of the.....err....well...yeah, the "older than me" crowd. But I don't think that should affect the enthusiasm I have for skateboarding, most notably of the old-school variety. Did any member here skate back in the day or possibly still do? Went to go see the new Bones Brigade: An Autobiography film the other night and loved every minute of it. Really lit a fire under my butt regarding skating more and just generally enjoying life more.

Here's a pic of my current setup:

The board on the left is a 1989 Mike McGill deck that I snagged for $30, the center board is a Chris Haslam pool deck that I painted and re-gripped. it was too small for me so I ended up bumping up to the board on the right. It's an AntiHero Generic Series Retro Board with some Indy 169's and OJ Hot Juice wheels. Carves like butter and has a really nice surfy feel.
I love your skateboards!!! I'm one of the "older" crowd on here, TikiTiki room, but I actually used to TRY and skateboard back in high school! I say tried because I used to date a skater/surfer and tried to learn a few things from him.E ven though I'm right handed, I used to be a goofy-foot, so it was interesting that I even learned anything!! Thanks for starting this thread...brought back memories of when I wasn't afraid to try new things!! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 30, 2013 9:23 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:...Thanks for starting this thread...brought back memories of when I wasn't afraid to try new things!! :D
I know what you mean brerrabbit1. I have to weigh the potential of possibly breaking something against how much fun I would have on anything new and daring these days ~ I have the double risk of getting older and having no insurance :( Sigh...

Thumper1

Post by Thumper1 » Mar Sun 31, 2013 10:42 am

Amy wrote:
brerrabbit1 wrote:...Thanks for starting this thread...brought back memories of when I wasn't afraid to try new things!! :D
I know what you mean brerrabbit1. I have to weigh the potential of possibly breaking something against how much fun I would have on anything new and daring these days ~ I have the double risk of getting older and having no insurance :( Sigh...
yep Amy.....the older we get, the less adventurious we get!!!! Due to the fact we've got to pay the hospital bills now, instead of mom and dad!! :D