Fantasy Hockey

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Fantasy Hockey

Post by Len90 » Jan Fri 18, 2013 1:06 am

Jacca5660 wrote:I consider this year a instructional league. Next year we will all have some experience. LET'S GO RANGERS!!
I'm actually curious to see how everyone likes it. I do think the short season will work to our benefit as I can gauge the interest level and see if this is something that we can do yearly like the football league.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jan Fri 18, 2013 2:53 pm

Len90 wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:I consider this year a instructional league. Next year we will all have some experience. LET'S GO RANGERS!!
I'm actually curious to see how everyone likes it. I do think the short season will work to our benefit as I can gauge the interest level and see if this is something that we can do yearly like the football league.
AS I see it, it's a bit more intense then football. You really have to watch match ups and stats. You've got to study how different teams play each other and have to look at how players have played against each other in the past. Like how a goalie has played in different arenas. I know in the past there have been goalies who were having awesome seasons, but couldn't win in certain places.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jan Fri 18, 2013 6:02 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
Len90 wrote:
AS I see it, it's a bit more intense then football. You really have to watch match ups and stats. You've got to study how different teams play each other and have to look at how players have played against each other in the past. Like how a goalie has played in different arenas. I know in the past there have been goalies who were having awesome seasons, but couldn't win in certain places.
Not to mention, there are games going on almost every day, so the players' stats and health will have to be checked almost every day... This could prove a little time-consuming.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jan Fri 18, 2013 6:05 pm

cy1229 wrote:Not to mention, there are games going on almost every day, so the players' stats and health will have to be checked almost every day... This could prove a little time-consuming.
Great point!!!!! That's why I don't play fantasy Baseball.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jan Sun 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Len90 wrote:
yodiwan1 wrote:awe poop, I would have joined. If anyone wants to start a league over let me know. I can put one together in 10 minutes, lol.
I know. I did email you and I posted the thread up here. I did as much as I could to get people to join... well everything except use that whip.
no worries, for some reason I never got the email. If I don't response to it next time, just message me on FB, lol I'm in like 10 leagues now.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jan Mon 21, 2013 2:15 am

Any sport other than football will be alot more intense as there are games every week as opposed to most games on sunday with a game on thursday and monday. The lineup for football can be set once a week, while in hockey and every other sport you can set it daily. Keep in mind though you can set your lineup for a few days in advance if you want so you don't have to do it every day.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » May Wed 01, 2013 12:11 am

Wow that was a quick season... I guess it was to be expected.

Congratulations to me for coming in first (lol). Also congrats to kcarts on second and NaCler on third. Mark ended up coming in fourth with Amy in fifth and Jacca in sixth.

I'm not too sure fantasy hockey will be back next year. Didn't seem to be much interest in it like there is for the March Madness and the fantasy football league. I'll reassess interest level as we near the next season of hockey. Until then enjoy the Stanley Cup Playoffs and Let's Go Rangers!!!
- Len90

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Wed 01, 2013 6:58 am

Len90 wrote:Wow that was a quick season... I guess it was to be expected.

Congratulations to me for coming in first (lol). Also congrats to kcarts on second and NaCler on third. Mark ended up coming in fourth with Amy in fifth and Jacca in sixth.

I'm not too sure fantasy hockey will be back next year. Didn't seem to be much interest in it like there is for the March Madness and the fantasy football league. I'll reassess interest level as we near the next season of hockey. Until then enjoy the Stanley Cup Playoffs and Let's Go Rangers!!!
Congrats for coming in first Len! I think interest was down mostly because of all the delays at the beginning of the season. I would be willing to try again next year :D

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » May Wed 01, 2013 8:42 am

I'll give it a try... maybe...

I'm just bummed because the Wings lost last night / this morning. :(
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012