MmeLeota and Chernabog40 say Aloha!

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: MmeLeota and Chernabog40 say Aloha!

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Mon 17, 2014 5:11 pm

Mmeleota I am so sorry I missed this TR of yours! I think after my long hiatus, I must have missed it when I came back and was trying to catch up on everything. I sooooooo enjoyed your pictures of Hawaii! I was super impressed with your snorkeling picutres, you saw some beautiful Tangs and a nice Eel!!! :D You don't need to worry about eels, just don't stick your finger in their mouths, lol. When they are opening/closing their mouths, they may look like they're agitated but they are just breathing. They are cool creatures, that's for sure! Your camera did a nice job! We need to get you to dive now! 8-) Diving in Hawaii is on my "bucket list"!

I sure wish Bdude's work would send him to Hawaii and Puerto Rico! *sigh* Anyway, really happy for the two of you and looking forward to hearing about your Puerto Rico/Disney adventure! :goofy_bounce:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Feb Mon 17, 2014 9:11 pm

Great finish to your report MmeLeota! I loved the snorkeling photos ~ so much fun to see the fishies. Never thought about the salt water taste in my mouth after snorkeling. I love swimming and being in the ocean so much I guess I don't mind it. The salt water does do bad things to my hair though :shock:
Sounds like the cruise was a lot of fun :D
Looking forward to hearing about Puerto Rico!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Mon 17, 2014 11:46 pm

I agree Amy, salt water + long hair = very bad!!!!! :shock:

Random side note....I find it interesting how in different parts of the world the water has more/less salt! When we dove Utila the water was not salty at all, but I find in Key Largo it is VERY salty! I forgot the reason for this, it was History channel a while back!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Feb Wed 19, 2014 7:13 pm

boilerbabe wrote:I agree Amy, salt water + long hair = very bad!!!!! :shock:

Random side note....I find it interesting how in different parts of the world the water has more/less salt! When we dove Utila the water was not salty at all, but I find in Key Largo it is VERY salty! I forgot the reason for this, it was History channel a while back!
Yeah, salt water was fine for my skin, but kinda icky for my hair. My hair got pretty tangled up in my mask...and ultimately in my snorkel...as I was taking them off. It was funny, but kinda painful.
We didn't think about the saltwater taste either, until we started on the lollipops and we quickly realized not only the taste but how parched our mouths were. The lollipop helped create more saliva. This was probably a [small] factor in our decision to get a Dole Whip! :lol:

Thank you for the kind words! The camera is small, but it seemed to get the job done. It's coming with me to PR regardless if I end up snorkeling or not.
As far as diving goes, that may be more of an issue...I think my claustrophobia would end up getting the better of me. But I think Cbog40 would have more luck diving than he did snorkeling.

Oh, and thanks for the tip on the eels, boilerbabe. I did not realize that they breathe through their mouths like that. He sure gave me a startle, but I'm glad I saw him.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Feb Wed 19, 2014 10:35 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:I agree Amy, salt water + long hair = very bad!!!!! :shock:

Yeah, salt water was fine for my skin, but kinda icky for my hair. My hair got pretty tangled up in my mask...and ultimately in my snorkel...as I was taking them off. It was funny, but kinda painful.
We didn't think about the saltwater taste either, until we started on the lollipops and we quickly realized not only the taste but how parched our mouths were. The lollipop helped create more saliva. This was probably a [small] factor in our decision to get a Dole Whip! :lol:

Thank you for the kind words! The camera is small, but it seemed to get the job done. It's coming with me to PR regardless if I end up snorkeling or not.
As far as diving goes, that may be more of an issue...I think my claustrophobia would end up getting the better of me. But I think Cbog40 would have more luck diving than he did snorkeling.

Oh, and thanks for the tip on the eels, boilerbabe. I did not realize that they breathe through their mouths like that. He sure gave me a startle, but I'm glad I saw him.
I absolutely HATE snorkels! Long hair is bad for water sports, period! You can wear a bandana, it truly helps with the tangles. If you ever get a mask of your own, they sell neoprene strap wraps, an awesome invention! And yes, salt water makes you very thirsty, between the salt water and breathing dry air, we are always soooo thirsty after diving!

Hoping to see some snorkel pics from you from PR! :D

Don't totally rule out diving! If you ever have the chance, try it in a controlled environment sometime (swimming pool). You might surprise yourself! If you can wear a mask and submerge you face, you could do it! Just saying! :D I know I would be claustrophobic if I did diving where there was not an open surface above me. I have no desire to cave dive or penetrate a shipwreck. Just viewing things from outside is more than fine for me!

Looking forward to your PR/Disney TR! Have so much fun! :D