Star Wars is here

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Sat 21, 2005 10:50 pm

Can't watch it until I finish with my finals!! :x Stoofid sckool!
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

cruiseguy7011
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cruiseguy7011 » May Sun 22, 2005 1:52 pm

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:Can't watch it until I finish with my finals!! :x Stoofid sckool!
My finals are this week but I just had to go see it on friday.
-Cruiseguy7011

jkm8113

Post by jkm8113 » May Sun 22, 2005 3:10 pm

Hubby went back to see it for a second time today. Can't bring myself to go. I just don't want to see the sadness.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » May Sun 22, 2005 5:48 pm

I just literally got back from watching SW ep 3. I had to see what all the hype was about. It was good, if not a bit predictable. There was something about the overall movie that doesn't sit well with me for some reason. I can't put my finger on it, though.

Once it comes out on DVD, I'll have to get it and watch all of them in sequence. Maybe then I can figure out what's bothering me.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by G2-4T » May Sun 22, 2005 9:59 pm

Haven't seen it yet - will get around to it sometime. The "first two" were lame compared to the original three but this one sounds a bit better...

Meanwhile, the local indy radio has been playing Because I'm Jedi by Luke Ski [find it here http://www.lukeski.com/freemp3s.htm] and Weird Al's Saga Begins and other Star Wars tracks just because they now have an excuse.

And yes, they do play some crazy stuff on the radio here. Radio K [which pumped out, of all things, Under the Sea and The Rainbow Connection today in an hour of sound tracks] and KFAI are great for that... Take that commercial radio!!

Still - nothing out there can beat Luke and the crew...
Please Stand Clear of the Doors
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

[url=http://peopleforthepeoplemover.org][img]http://www.tc.umn.edu/~rrclubum/peoplemover.gif[/img][/url]

See it today! [url=http://backsideofwater.blogspot.com/]The Backside of Water[/url]

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by jrcohen » May Mon 23, 2005 9:21 am

One thing I felt about the movie, was that it leaves you with a kind of empty feeling. Maybe b/c it has to end on such a downer, to lead to the other movies, or just maybe b/c it's the last one. But one of the neat things about it is if you now go backand watch Ep. 4-6 it completely changes the focus. It goes from being Luke-centric to all about Anakin, which is kind of neat. It's like watching them all over again, for the first time.

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » May Mon 23, 2005 4:05 pm

We went Thursday afternoon - loved it!

Fantasrick
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Episode III

Post by Fantasrick » May Mon 23, 2005 4:09 pm

It was so Awesome! What a roller coaster ride of a film. I got emotional at the end, mostly because it was the end of the whole saga, but mostly because It touched me.

subsonic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by subsonic » May Tue 24, 2005 12:11 pm

This has been a part of my life for 20 years. It's amazing it's all over.

I liked it. I also like how Jar-jar was on screen for about 15 seconds total and never talked!
Join our chat in Discord: https://discord.gg/zw5by3z

js3901

Post by js3901 » May Tue 24, 2005 12:32 pm

subsonic wrote:I liked it. I also like how Jar-jar was on screen for about 15 seconds total and never talked!
I was hoping not to see him period, but at least he didn't talk. That probably would've ruined it for me. I know it did for the first 2...
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Fantasrick
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Star Wars

Post by Fantasrick » May Tue 24, 2005 12:46 pm

Yes, Jar Jar is better seen and not heard.

js3901

Post by js3901 » May Tue 24, 2005 3:11 pm

mesa no liken da gungans. mesa thinkin they bombad. hehe

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Wed 25, 2005 1:55 pm

OK! I finally saw Revenge of the Sith, and I liked it. It was definitely better than ep 1 and 2, imho. The special effects, the sound effects and just the cinematography were very well done. The use of color was pretty cool and made for some awesome images. I'm surprised I didn't have a seizure from all the bright colors in the first few minutes.

This episode had a lot of humor in the beginning, so maybe as to offset the sadness and drama later on?

On the otherhand, some parts had me giggling, even though I doubt it was meant to be funny. ie when Palpatine turned into Gollum and was like, I'm too weak."

And Hayden Christensen's acting was...sort of pretty bad. I dont know, but it was off for some reason.

And did anyone catch the cameo of Keisha Castle-Hughes(ya, know- the whale rider)?
Last edited by Lion Sleeps Tonight on May Wed 25, 2005 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

js3901

Post by js3901 » May Wed 25, 2005 3:12 pm

I think almost everyone's performance in the movie was off. almost like they were all OVER-acting and just wanted to get the series done. Like Natalie Portman's character (queen in ep 1/padme). look at her perforance in Ep 1, Ep 2, and now Ep3. 3 TOTALLY different performances of the same character.

I think all the battle droid voices are retarded now too.

I'm going to see Ep 3 again this weekend. Maybe that'll help to narrow down what's bothering me in the movie...

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Wed 25, 2005 3:31 pm

js3901 wrote:I think almost everyone's performance in the movie was off. almost like they were all OVER-acting and just wanted to get the series done. Like Natalie Portman's character (queen in ep 1/padme). look at her perforance in Ep 1, Ep 2, and now Ep3. 3 TOTALLY different performances of the same character.

I think all the battle droid voices are retarded now too.

I'm going to see Ep 3 again this weekend. Maybe that'll help to narrow down what's bothering me in the movie...
Yeah, since when did batte-droids become sarcastic and apologize?

Well no one watches Star Wars for the oscar winning performances, but still...please just act like you care!

Oh, and "Welcome Home."