Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

jrcohen
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Star Wars is here

Post by jrcohen » May Wed 18, 2005 2:32 pm

It's Freaking Star Wars!!!!!!
Any one else going to a 12:01 show? My brother and some freinds just got in line. My wife and I are meeting him when I get off work. I can't wait! I haven't been able to do anything all day but think about it. It's going to be Freakin Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!

AlexLoup
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by AlexLoup » May Wed 18, 2005 4:32 pm

i would go to the midnight showing at my theater but unlike Disney I don't trust enough people to be by myself, and since most of my friends think that Star Wars is bad (but it's better than Disney thta's what they say) they aren't willing to wait with me. I mean we wait for Spiderman for chris-sake they can't wait for Star Wars... HAVE FUN MAN!
I've gone full circle on my avatars.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » May Wed 18, 2005 5:35 pm

I refuse to wait for the first showing of ANY movie, and the grounds that the average movie will play for several months in theaters, then get it on DVD to watch on my home theater. I'll have the chance to see it again (at matinee prices) when there's less of a chance of people talking during the movie and fewer people in the theater in general. Plus, at midnight, I'm trying to eat my dinner (I work the late shift) and work on some other stuff.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

jrcohen

Post by jrcohen » May Thu 19, 2005 9:30 am

Actually, what amazing is at the midnight showing of a Star Wars movie, no one says anything. I guess everyone is just so die hard that they just sit there jaw open taking it in. And by the way, freakin phenominal.

Mike Pinocchio

Post by Mike Pinocchio » May Thu 19, 2005 1:15 pm

My friend and I had two main comments after watching Episode III: "Wow," and "****." Both positive.

AlexLoup

Post by AlexLoup » May Thu 19, 2005 2:10 pm

I walked by the local theater a yesterday and watched the cosplayers... it was wonderful to see the fights and the outfits.

mking624
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by mking624 » May Thu 19, 2005 2:52 pm

I've seen it twice already...went to the midnight showing and also went to the 10am show. We'll be hitting a local drive-in theatre within a week to see it again (I love drive-ins) and then of course making a trip to see it in digital.

I'll be around the theatre all weekend though I won't be seeing it during that time...I'll be dressed up as a Stormtrooper representing the 501st Legion (as I did last night before I saw the movie).

eagle4life69
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by eagle4life69 » May Thu 19, 2005 3:55 pm

pictures
I would love to see pictures

AlexLoup

Post by AlexLoup » May Fri 20, 2005 2:59 am

Yes! We must see pics. Anyone who cosplays ( and yes dressing as a stromtropper is cos-playing.) Is the best! I like to see pics of Cos-players.

mking624

Post by mking624 » May Fri 20, 2005 9:40 pm

Well I still have some pics left on the roll so it may be a bit before they're developed....but I'll get a couple posted once they are developed.

sockfire
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

SW3

Post by sockfire » May Fri 20, 2005 10:32 pm

I loved it. It completely blew me away!

I'm now re-watching Eps4-6 on DVD with a whole new perspective. 8)

AlexLoup

Post by AlexLoup » May Sat 21, 2005 12:40 am

You are all lucky, I might not see it until it comes out on DVD.

Is it really better than 4-6 like some critics say, and does it explain a lot?

jkm8113

Post by jkm8113 » May Sat 21, 2005 9:23 am

I was in West Side Downtown Disney in the late afternoon on May 18, and there were people waiting in line on both sides of the buildings (both entrances). They were in lawn chairs and had their laptops and had umbrellas to shield them from the sun. Disney had set up special roped off areas for them. This was about 5:00 in the early evening.

Hubby went on May 19, in the afternoon, which also happened to be his birthday. He has been on opening day of each of the Star Wars movies.

mking624

Post by mking624 » May Sat 21, 2005 11:41 am

AlexLoup wrote:Is it really better than 4-6 like some critics say, and does it explain a lot?
I don't know if I would say it's better than the original trilogy because I've always viewed that kind of as a separate thing...I don't like comparing the original trilogy with the prequels because they really are different "worlds" and focuses. I will say, though, that ROTS is WAY better than E1&2.

sockfire

Post by sockfire » May Sat 21, 2005 1:23 pm

AlexLoup wrote:You are all lucky, I might not see it until it comes out on DVD.

Is it really better than 4-6 like some critics say, and does it explain a lot?
So far I have re-watched Eps 4 and 5. I can still see what is so special about them. Ep3 gets close and has waaaaaay better action, so maybe it should someday be regarded in the same light. Time will tell.