Steve Jobs passes away at 56

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Steve Jobs passes away at 56

Post by mindflipper » Oct Tue 11, 2011 8:19 pm

Len90 wrote:I've opened up and worked on MacBooks already. I even have opened up mine which is still covered under warranty to fix it. My pc is just always breaking so it gets really old very fast to repair it. Our house is almost all Mac and runs an apple network. It's easy to maintain and works pretty well.
I'm amazed I can work on PC or laptop day after day for years without it needing any repairs and Len90's PC is always breaking down. Then again, so does his iphone. Y'know, Len90, you really do have some kind of technology curse, don't you? :shock: :?: :? :wink: :roll: :lol:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Tue 11, 2011 8:29 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Len90 wrote:I've opened up and worked on MacBooks already. I even have opened up mine which is still covered under warranty to fix it. My pc is just always breaking so it gets really old very fast to repair it. Our house is almost all Mac and runs an apple network. It's easy to maintain and works pretty well.
I'm amazed I can work on PC or laptop day after day for years without it needing any repairs and Len90's PC is always breaking down. Then again, so does his iphone. Y'know, Len90, you really do have some kind of technology curse, don't you? :shock: :?: :? :wink: :roll: :lol:
I think Len needs to get everything encased in rubber!!! Len you really need to think about doing some maintenance on your stuff!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Tue 11, 2011 9:35 pm

Only problem is that Apple (which is stricter than most) and other computer makers do not want you to open their hardware, ever. Lest you know about the masking tape that is used in the machine.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Tue 11, 2011 9:52 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Only problem is that Apple (which is stricter than most) and other computer makers do not want you to open their hardware, ever. Lest you know about the masking tape that is used in the machine.
Why I don't own an Apple! I have to be able to get my hands into it. I build, upgrade, and maintain!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Tue 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:Only problem is that Apple (which is stricter than most) and other computer makers do not want you to open their hardware, ever. Lest you know about the masking tape that is used in the machine.
Why I don't own an Apple! I have to be able to get my hands into it. I build, upgrade, and maintain!
Most of the work is maintenance. I actually open up my laptop periodically to clean out the dust so it can run cool and prevent components from overheating. A MacBook unibody is just 10 screws to remove the back cover and you have access to pretty much anything you'll ever need. One of the most ingenious layouts and easiest layouts I have ever worked on :D
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Tue 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Very good Len!! Most people don't understand that dust can kill a computer!