Nike Mag's on sale (AKA the Back to the Future Shoe)

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Nike Mag's on sale (AKA the Back to the Future Shoe)

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 10, 2011 11:03 am

I would glow as much as Fox does.

This is the fruit I am talking about (not the cultivar I grow though), all the species in the Annona family have ties to an increased risk of parkinson symptoms.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 10, 2011 4:03 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:I would glow as much as Fox does.

This is the fruit I am talking about (not the cultivar I grow though), all the species in the Annona family have ties to an increased risk of parkinson symptoms.
Huh, never seen that before. Looks like a cross between an apple and a tomatillo...what does it taste like?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Other names that it and similar varieites go by are things like custard apple.

The flavor often is described as a cross between banana and pineapple, I think it tastes like melon but either way it has a strong floral flavor and creamy texture (the texture is also why they have the health risk as well). The only problem is that it doesn't travel well so if you buy one in the stores (like with most produce) they have little flavor.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Other names that it and similar varieites go by are things like custard apple.

The flavor often is described as a cross between banana and pineapple, I think it tastes like melon but either way it has a strong floral flavor and creamy texture (the texture is also why they have the health risk as well). The only problem is that it doesn't travel well so if you buy one in the stores (like with most produce) they have little flavor.
Huh, interesting. I bet they are a more tropical fruit then, yes? Why is the texture a health risk? Because they are soft they can carry disease?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Sep Sat 10, 2011 4:25 pm

The trees are "sub-tropical" warmer than most of the US but cooler than true tropical areas, they need cooler weather for periods of time to grow. The reason it's a health risk is that it causes the noted parkinson-like symptoms. The acetogenins that naturally occur in the fruit mess with adenosine triphosphate production, which can mess with the lewy bodies (if I recall), resulting in the parkinsons-like symptoms. It's not the actual dissease but still not fun.