need help

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

need help

Post by MetalRage » Jul Mon 11, 2011 8:10 am

I need some help here. I called out of work today because I wanted to spend time with my family. I hardly see them because my life such as work and school fill up my days and I really need a family day. The call out worked fine. My department assistant manager picked up and accepted that I simply can not make it to work today at 2:30pm. An hour later my department manager called and left a voice mail (I was away from my phone) and said he needs a good reason why I called out. I hardly ever call out so I need help with a good excuse. I feel like I got my self in a big mess and I don't know what to do. I don't want to get fired. I know I should of planned a day and requested off but that didn't come to mind until now. Can you guys please help me hear with a good excuse? :( :cry: :oops:
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Sleepy90

Re: need help

Post by Sleepy90 » Jul Mon 11, 2011 10:01 am

No excuse here. I think you answered your own question.
Maybe you should phone them back and say the matter has resolved itself and you will be in to work today.
If asked say an extended family member had a problem that they asked you to help with but another member of the family has now offered to go, however if the problem escalates you my have to have some time off to help out.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Mon 11, 2011 10:13 am

Car trouble.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Mon 11, 2011 11:59 am

Cat trouble. (But then again, I actually did have cat troubles - spent the morning at the vet to find out she got a tapeworm)...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 11, 2011 4:34 pm

Tell them you were not feeling well and needed to rest so you wouldn't miss work tomorrow as well. If they press as to why you didn't answer the phone, tell them you were in the bathroom. If they are nosier than that :shock: tell them you were feeling ill. Stress can indeed cause you to not feel well and mental health and family time is important as well. I would say you should be fine since the asst. manager took the call and accepted your absence for the day. Please let us know how it all works out.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Mon 11, 2011 10:03 pm

My call-in excuses have always been not feeling well... 99.9% of the time true (once was because I simply did NOT want to work but it was not questioned- not Disney, by the way). I've found that I DO get ill when stressed and that makes work nearly impossible!

Hope it all went well.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Tue 12, 2011 12:21 am

You had bad guacamole?

The best thing to do is fake a 24 hour virus. They are the easiest to get away with ;) Car trouble can always be countered with questioning if you attempted to use mass transit, call a taxi, call a friend, or carpool with a coworker. Too many options there.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Tue 12, 2011 2:45 pm

Well we all seem well versed in how not to go to work!! :shock: :lol: 8-) :twisted: :roll: :wink:
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage