Manchester United on the Verge of 19

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Manchester United on the Verge of 19

Post by Croaker » May Sat 14, 2011 1:16 am

only a couple more hours! Manchester United fans post their appreciation as Sir Alex makes it 19! aww heck even if you hate Manchester, post your rant about them!
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Manchester United on the Verge of 19

Post by Jacca5660 » May Sat 14, 2011 12:57 pm

Being American, MU is the only team I know!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » May Sun 15, 2011 5:55 pm

Since the Red Sox owners bought Liverpool, we get a game of the week on NESN now. Usually involves Liverpool.

Croaker

Post by Croaker » May Sun 15, 2011 11:27 pm

eek sorry to hear that. laugh i bought my brother a liverpool shirt and he got mad at me because they started to suck right after i bought it for him.
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » May Mon 16, 2011 12:39 am

Croaker wrote:eek sorry to hear that. laugh i bought my brother a liverpool shirt and he got mad at me because they started to suck right after i bought it for him.
It's all your fault!!

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » May Mon 16, 2011 5:10 am

Don't count Liverpool out they always have a miserable start to the year and turn it round at the end. They have had a particularly bad year this year though, still if they can keep Kenny next year looks promising all they need is good leadership and watch them go.

Would Manchester United be as good without Alex, I don't think so but time will tell.

Brian845
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Brian845 » May Mon 16, 2011 1:15 pm

Croaker wrote:eek sorry to hear that. laugh i bought my brother a liverpool shirt and he got mad at me because they started to suck right after i bought it for him.
They should have left Andy Carroll at Newcastle. I hope they enjoy the Europa League!

/disgruntled Newcastle fan.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » May Mon 16, 2011 1:43 pm

Ok, I'll ask... 19 what??? Championships? Wins in a row???

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » May Tue 17, 2011 1:52 am

NaCler wrote:Ok, I'll ask... 19 what??? Championships? Wins in a row???
19 league titles but not in a row.
Brian I agree they should have left Andy Carroll at Newcastle, I would have rather had Charlie Adams he has more team spirit.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » May Tue 17, 2011 6:39 am

Speaking as a "football" ignorant American, when are the Playoffs for this league? My son is getting into soccer and he wants to watch it more on TV. Since the soccer we have here (MLS) is border-line pathetic in comparison to the Premier League, I'd rather him watch that instead. When do they start or have they already started?

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » May Tue 17, 2011 4:08 pm

NaCler wrote:Speaking as a "football" ignorant American, when are the Playoffs for this league? My son is getting into soccer and he wants to watch it more on TV. Since the soccer we have here (MLS) is border-line pathetic in comparison to the Premier League, I'd rather him watch that instead. When do they start or have they already started?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: There are no playoffs in the premier league just a 38 game season this week is the end of the season. bottom 3 teams are sent to the championship for next season and the top 2 teams plus one other comes up. That is probably the closest thing to a play off the teams from 3-6 play each other to see who gets the place.
Next season starts in August.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Wed 01, 2011 8:05 pm

I saw the 2nd half of the Barcelona v. Manchester United game. That was the final, right? So, I guess this thread is dead until next season?? :D

Thanks for the clarification Sleepy, although I'm still confused. The BOTTOM 3 make it next year???

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Jun Thu 02, 2011 2:26 am

NaCler wrote:I saw the 2nd half of the Barcelona v. Manchester United game. That was the final, right? So, I guess this thread is dead until next season?? :D

Thanks for the clarification Sleepy, although I'm still confused. The BOTTOM 3 make it next year???
The Manchester United v Barcelona was the final off the European cup that is a different competition it has all the top three teams in European countries competing against each other they play two legs one at home and one away and the winners go through to the next round. When they are down to the last eight it is one game knockout until they are left with two teams for the Final.

okay now the leagues
Premiership
Championship
League 1
League 2
Non League
The bottom three from each league go into the next lowest league for next year. Then from the Championship down the top two teams plus the playoff winners come up into the next league up. Top of the premiership is the elite.

Does that help any Nacler.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Thu 02, 2011 6:42 am

We're getting closer Sleepy90. Bare with me a little longer... So, the Bar vs. MU final was for the European Cup which is totally separate from the leagues you listed above?

So the leagues you listed above change teams each year based on how well that team does the year before? So, basically a team like MU is always in the Premiership League, even though they could play terrible enough one year to move down to the Championship League? So, if I wanted to follow it somewhat, I should only be concerned about the Premiership League and that begins in August? When does it end? Also, they don't have a Playoff, so to speak, they just play 38 games and whoever has the best record after that is the Champion???

See Sleepy90, we're getting there.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Thu 02, 2011 7:32 am

NaCler wrote:We're getting closer Sleepy90. Bare with me a little longer... So, the Bar vs. MU final was for the European Cup which is totally separate from the leagues you listed above?

So the leagues you listed above change teams each year based on how well that team does the year before? So, basically a team like MU is always in the Premiership League, even though they could play terrible enough one year to move down to the Championship League? So, if I wanted to follow it somewhat, I should only be concerned about the Premiership League and that begins in August? When does it end? Also, they don't have a Playoff, so to speak, they just play 38 games and whoever has the best record after that is the Champion???

See Sleepy90, we're getting there.
NaCler I just gonna follow your replies!! No playoff, No championship, What's it all for??? This from the country that RULED the WORLD??? :shock: :roll: :wink: