Manchester United on the Verge of 19

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Re: Manchester United on the Verge of 19

Post by Sleepy90 » Jun Thu 02, 2011 2:13 pm

Okay Nacler we are nearly there just a few more things.

I said Man United and Barcelona played in the European cup I am showing my age as that is what it used to be called it is now the Champions League and yes it is totally separate from the others I mentioned.

The other leagues are English and some, but not all, Welsh teams. (the Welsh Scottish and Irish teams have their own leagues)

Season begins in August and ends in May, all teams in every league plays every other team in their own league twice one game at home and one away. 3 points for a win,1point for a draw, nothing if you lose, the team with the most points at the end of the season is Champion of whichever league they are in.
The premiership is probably the one to watch unless you just want to pick a random team to follow.

In the middle of all of these games we also have the F.A. cup and the Carling cup both of which include all the teams from all the leagues and includes the Non league teams as well. These are simple knockout competitions if you win you progress if you lose your out. This is a totally random draw as to who you play so think Dallas Cowboys v High School football team there is a chance that the high school wins and progresses. Last team standing is the winner and takes the cup.

I think we have it all now but feel free to throw more questions if you need to.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Fri 03, 2011 12:16 am

WOW!!!!!! No championship!!!! Do they realize the money they are losing!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Jun Fri 03, 2011 1:53 am

Jacca5660 wrote:WOW!!!!!! No championship!!!! Do they realize the money they are losing!!
Believe me Jacca these guys are not losing out the difference between a premiership and championship club is millions and the 3 teams that drop down have a buffer payment for the first year to try and hold their good players and get promoted again, after that they are on their own.

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Jun Sun 05, 2011 6:33 pm

the Premier league doesn't need a playoff. its the top watched sport in the World. i had a hard time figuring out the differences in the Champions leage in England and Europe when i first watched too..lol.

to reply to an earlier comment, Man United would not be the same without Sir Alex, i must agree. there are times i wonder what the heck he is doing...but i think the answer is winning. it blew my mind that when he had Berbatov, Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo, why he never played all 4 at once. (i think it might have been two games, the one i remember because they won like 5-0 of course can we really call Wigan a competitor? lol) sorry rodders.
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Oct Sun 23, 2011 9:07 am

Alright Sleepy, we've been watching the Premier League on Saturday mornings on ESPN but we are having a hard time picking a team to root for. I thought I would cheer for Everton, but after watching them for two games, they don't seem very exciting. I want to pull for a team that is mid-level, not a Manchester City or United as they are like pulling for the Yankees. Who would you recommend? I enjoyed the Wolverhampton vs. Swansea City game yesterday. I wish we could watch the Man U vs Man C game today, but I don't think it is on.

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Oct Sun 23, 2011 10:37 am

NaCler wrote:Alright Sleepy, we've been watching the Premier League on Saturday mornings on ESPN but we are having a hard time picking a team to root for. I thought I would cheer for Everton, but after watching them for two games, they don't seem very exciting. I want to pull for a team that is mid-level, not a Manchester City or United as they are like pulling for the Yankees. Who would you recommend? I enjoyed the Wolverhampton vs. Swansea City game yesterday. I wish we could watch the Man U vs Man C game today, but I don't think it is on.
Hmmm let's see Tottenham are a good team usually mid to top end of the table since Harry Redknapp took over as manager they have been nice to watch.
Newcastle are playing super football at the moment but it may be too much to soon. The toon army (Newcastle Fans) are fanatical supporters.
Stoke City can upset any team that plays them at home. Rory Delap has a huge throwing arm from side lines and believe me they know how to use it. They play very direct football but are good to watch.

I know what you mean about Wolves they play really nice football and I really like Mick McCarthy their manager direct and to the point no nonsense from these guys.

Arsenal are having a rough time this year so far but they are normally in the top five. This year they have brought through a lot of young players from their academy, I still think they will be up there at the finish though.

I support Liverpool always have done but sometimes you just want to scream at them, I could do better than that and I'm a woman, :lol: I also keep an eye on Norwich City but only because we lived there for a couple of years. Norwich is very family orientated and one of the best places to watch football because of that, their strip is yellow and green and they are called the canary's because of this.

So to sum up who to watch. You have to make your own mind up in no particular order. Tottenham,Arsenal,Stoke or Norwich.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sun 23, 2011 11:12 am

I knew someone from Norwich once ~ I would root for them!

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Oct Sun 23, 2011 11:13 pm

Thank you Sleepy, I appreciate the very thorough response. Since you like Liverpool and Norwich City, I think we'll start with them and maybe the Wolves. I'll let my boy choose.

What happened in the Man U v Man City match today? I heard MC won 6-1???

Sleepy90

Post by Sleepy90 » Oct Mon 24, 2011 1:56 am

NaCler wrote:Thank you Sleepy, I appreciate the very thorough response. Since you like Liverpool and Norwich City, I think we'll start with them and maybe the Wolves. I'll let my boy choose.

What happened in the Man U v Man City match today? I heard MC won 6-1???
Yes city won 6-1 away from home and a derby match, puts them 5 points ahead at the top of the league, most people would say a bit of a shocker. I say look what money can do they have bought their way there. Match was close in the first half went in at 1-0 city but second half they just trashed them.