Runaway Bride

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Runaway Bride

Post by AKLRULZ » May Tue 03, 2005 4:20 pm

What do you guys think of this gal in Georgia who bagged on her finance last week and then tried to cover it up as a kidnapping? Should she be charged with breaking the law?

Club33Hopeful
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Club33Hopeful » May Tue 03, 2005 5:32 pm

Yup! She should at least have to pay all of the law enforcement costs for her little scam.
-Club33Hopeful

Mike Pinocchio

Post by Mike Pinocchio » May Tue 03, 2005 8:19 pm

I don't know much about it, but from what I've heard, definitely. Filing a false report is against the law, plain and simple.

G2-4T
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral
Columbia Sailing Ship Admiral

Post by G2-4T » May Tue 03, 2005 9:33 pm

I don't think so - she has one heck of a strange family it sounds like and had a mental breakdown it seems. Come on - they wanted a wedding bigger than the size of some small towns! I can't blame her for bolting in a moment of panic, talk about stress... Sure, not a good idea but it she didn't hurt anyone and the cops [at least in NM] have been understanding from the sounds of it. And she never filed a report from the sounds of it. News channels report these pointless 30-sec bites that explain nothing, but the papers are showing a lot more than the usual one-sided jobs the TV does...
Please Stand Clear of the Doors
Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

[url=http://peopleforthepeoplemover.org][img]http://www.tc.umn.edu/~rrclubum/peoplemover.gif[/img][/url]

See it today! [url=http://backsideofwater.blogspot.com/]The Backside of Water[/url]

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » May Wed 04, 2005 5:12 am

A 32 year old running away from responsibilities breaks no law, but the minute she stepped over the legal line and filed false accusations and reports is what solidified it for me. I think she should be charged and I hope she gets mental help.

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » May Wed 04, 2005 11:18 am

G2-4T wrote: And she never filed a report from the sounds of it.
By dialing 911, that in itself is a report. And, it's not so much thatrunning away from the whole thing that she should be charged for. I think she should be charged for costing her small town over $100,000 to conduct a search for her. I think she should be held liable to pay that back.
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

Club33Hopeful

Post by Club33Hopeful » May Wed 04, 2005 1:13 pm

js3901 wrote:I think she should be charged for costing her small town over $100,000 to conduct a search for her. I think she should be held liable to pay that back.
Exactly. She should be accountable to every last dime that was a result of her neglegent actions.
-Club33Hopeful

bartman454
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by bartman454 » May Wed 04, 2005 8:40 pm

When I looked at this topic I thought we were going to talk about that awful Julia Roberts film but alas... anyhoo my opinion is if she costs the city money by filing a false report then they should file charges against her as its appropriate, if she just ran away well then thats her perrogative, it sounds like the news stations are trying to make this a bigger story then it actually is.

Jack
"This is a very moving moment"
"Yeah I wish they'd move it to Pittsburgh!"

jkm8113

Post by jkm8113 » May Thu 05, 2005 10:26 am

I think she should have to repay all the expenses involved in her search.

Shinku
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Shinku » May Thu 05, 2005 4:25 pm

Ditto for the repaying thing, but think of how hard it's gonna be for her and her husband already? No bank in the world is going to give them a loan for a house or anything ("you're the runaway bride chick, aren't you? yeahhhh, I don't think we can help you at this time").

I agree that the stress probably got to her, and that's okay. That's completely natural. But there's much more appropriate ways to handle it than what she did.

Disneynut
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Disneynut » May Fri 06, 2005 6:53 pm

Shinku wrote:Ditto for the repaying thing, but think of how hard it's gonna be for her and her husband already? No bank in the world is going to give them a loan for a house or anything ("you're the runaway bride chick, aren't you? yeahhhh, I don't think we can help you at this time").

I agree that the stress probably got to her, and that's okay. That's completely natural. But there's much more appropriate ways to handle it than what she did.
Bank loans, credit lines etc. are determined by a persons credit HISTORY and FICO score, not by there personal life. :roll:

Shinku

Post by Shinku » May Sat 07, 2005 12:19 am

I realize that, but who's not going to look at her and think "flight risk"?

borjoyzee

Post by borjoyzee » May Wed 11, 2005 2:44 pm

yes she should be charge. :?
Love Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but hard to decide to which one is best.

Love RCT3

borjoyzee

Post by borjoyzee » May Sun 29, 2005 12:54 am

Infact she did get charge, alot 13k of the search.

She may get up to 6 years in prison.
Love Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but hard to decide to which one is best.

Love RCT3