is dubai the new disney?

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: is dubai the new disney?

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 19, 2011 3:15 pm

Actually, I'm surprised Universal Studios didn't try for Dubai. They're getting multi-national like Disney, and not all of their parks are the standard "studio" format.

masterj345
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by masterj345 » Jan Wed 19, 2011 3:18 pm

they were gonna build a park called "dubailand" in dubai that was gonna be the biggest baddest theme park ever, (like everything else they do ), but that was before the crash i dont know if its still in the works. Thats a pretty good idea for universal to build a park there. atlantis has a hotel there, and the water park on the palm island from youtube vids ive seen looks pretty awesome.

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Wed 19, 2011 3:25 pm

Hmm... now that I think about it. Isn't there a Marvel theme park being built in Dubai? Marvel is owned by Disney so it's a Disney park. :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 19, 2011 3:40 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Hmm... now that I think about it. Isn't there a Marvel theme park being built in Dubai? Marvel is owned by Disney so it's a Disney park. :D
Was Marvel actually building it, or did they license the rights to another company that's building it?

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Jan Wed 19, 2011 7:24 pm

I'm not sure who actually is building it, if I recall the deal was done prior to when Disney took over it.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Mon 24, 2011 11:43 pm

mindflipper wrote:Originally, when the park opened, they had signs posted for three future countries to be added: Spain, Israel, and Morrocco. Of the three, only one got built.
Well they don't need Spain back there anyway with Mexico. Kind of like China and Japan- a bit too similar to be in the same place.

I think Israel would be a lovely one if it wasn't so controversial in some circles.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Tue 25, 2011 12:44 am

Soarin08 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Originally, when the park opened, they had signs posted for three future countries to be added: Spain, Israel, and Morrocco. Of the three, only one got built.
Well they don't need Spain back there anyway with Mexico. Kind of like China and Japan- a bit too similar to be in the same place.

I think Israel would be a lovely one if it wasn't so controversial in some circles.
The concept art for Spain made it very different from Mexico. To me, China and Japan have very different culture and food, and the pavilions are not anything alike.

masterj345

Post by masterj345 » Jan Thu 27, 2011 12:17 am

japan kaki, thats all i know :D