Light the Lamp!!!

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Light the Lamp!!!

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Fri 15, 2010 10:45 am

mindflipper wrote:Maybe the best way to settle this is to stick all of you together in one ice rink, give each of you ice skates and a hockey stick, and let you battle it out for supremacy. Like Thunderdome, "...only one comes out..." :wink: :lol:
I'm in! I've skated since I was 5!!! 8-) I wanted to play in h.s. but my parent's would not let me and my dad was the coach!!!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 15, 2010 10:52 am

boilerbabe wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Maybe the best way to settle this is to stick all of you together in one ice rink, give each of you ice skates and a hockey stick, and let you battle it out for supremacy. Like Thunderdome, "...only one comes out..." :wink: :lol:
I'm in! I've skated since I was 5!!! 8-) I wanted to play in h.s. but my parent's would not let me and my dad was the coach!!!

You're a GIRL!!!! Girls don't play hockey, at least not one as good looking as you are!!! The girls that play hockey, for the most part, look like guys!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Fri 15, 2010 11:22 am

Jacca5660 wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:

You're a GIRL!!!! Girls don't play hockey, at least not one as good looking as you are!!! The girls that play hockey, for the most part, look like guys!!
:lol: I'm pretty decent and I don't look like a guy!!!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 15, 2010 11:39 am

I know what you look like! GIRLS don't play hockey! You could be skating down on the goal and I wouldn't be able to give you a body check. It's not fair, so, I repeat, GIRLS DON"T PLAY HOCKEY! At least not against guys.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Fri 15, 2010 11:59 am

See, Jacca, the problem here is this: As much of a brute as you are, you're still old-school enough to be a gentleman when it comes to hitting a girl. Guys from our generation just can't get jiggy with that idea. I wouldn't play against a girl either, for the same reason. A lot of other folks don't see it that way, but to me the proof is in the pudding: all the so-called "liberated feminists" who think that men and women are equal and that women should be allowed to compete equally with men in any sport would be the very ones to screech the loudest if you did treat a woman like just another guy and body-checked her into next week. I've seen it. So we're da**ed if we do, da**ed if we don't.
Don't get me wrong, ladies, I'm all for men and women competing equally in some sports, like tennis, or even soccer and so forth (I even had a girl beat the pants off me in one-on-one basketball once, which was actually pretty impressive...), but not in rough physical contact sports like hockey or football. It's just not logical. So... sorry B-babe, I just couldn't see you strapping on the skates and going up against a beast like Jacca. Now maybe you and Amy could duke it out...! That would be fun...! :lol: :lol: :lol:

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Oct Fri 15, 2010 12:39 pm

Mousekedude wrote:See, Jacca, the problem here is this: As much of a brute as you are, you're still old-school enough to be a gentleman when it comes to hitting a girl. Guys from our generation just can't get jiggy with that idea. I wouldn't play against a girl either, for the same reason. A lot of other folks don't see it that way, but to me the proof is in the pudding: all the so-called "liberated feminists" who think that men and women are equal and that women should be allowed to compete equally with men in any sport would be the very ones to screech the loudest if you did treat a woman like just another guy and body-checked her into next week. I've seen it. So we're da**ed if we do, da**ed if we don't.
Don't get me wrong, ladies, I'm all for men and women competing equally in some sports, like tennis, or even soccer and so forth (I even had a girl beat the pants off me in one-on-one basketball once, which was actually pretty impressive...), but not in rough physical contact sports like hockey or football. It's just not logical. So... sorry B-babe, I just couldn't see you strapping on the skates and going up against a beast like Jacca. Now maybe you and Amy could duke it out...! That would be fun...! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I guessing from some WDW pics I've seen and some of the talk on the "getting in shape for the mouse" thread that the issue discussed here about "hitting a girl" while playing hockey would not be an issue at all. I bet Boiler and Amy would skate circles around the men!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Fri 15, 2010 12:42 pm

kcarts wrote: I guessing from some WDW pics I've seen and some of the talk on the "getting in shape for the mouse" thread that the issue discussed here about "hitting a girl" while playing hockey would not be an issue at all. I bet Boiler and Amy would skate circles around the men!
No doubt, but it ain't the skatin' that's the concern, bubba... it's the collidin'..... :shock: :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 15, 2010 12:43 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:I know what you look like! GIRLS don't play hockey! You could be skating down on the goal and I wouldn't be able to give you a body check. It's not fair, so, I repeat, GIRLS DON"T PLAY HOCKEY! At least not against guys.
Boilerbabe, let's get to the real reason for Jacca5660's protests: he's afraid to be seen to have been whupped on the ice by a beautiful blonde girl with a hockey stick. It would be very emasculating...

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 15, 2010 12:46 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:I know what you look like! GIRLS don't play hockey! You could be skating down on the goal and I wouldn't be able to give you a body check. It's not fair, so, I repeat, GIRLS DON"T PLAY HOCKEY! At least not against guys.
Boilerbabe, let's get to the real reason for Jacca5660's protests: he's afraid to be seen to have been whupped on the ice by a beautiful blonde girl with a hockey stick. It would be very emasculating...

I doubt anybody here is going to skate circles around me! There are to reason, first, I'm a darn good skater (forwards and backwards), second, do you realize how far that is to skate?

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Oct Fri 15, 2010 1:12 pm

It would be quite easy for them to circle me. Mostly b/c I would be standing still!

I can skate a little. My problem is the stopping. :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 15, 2010 1:38 pm

kcarts wrote:I can skate a little. My problem is the stopping. :lol:
Does that get back to the " collidin' " Mousekedude mentioned earlier?

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Fri 15, 2010 4:39 pm

That would be great for me, except I would have to learn how to skate. The biggest thing though would be a pair of gloves. I'm going to need a pair if I'm wanting to drop the gloves :D
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Fri 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Len90 wrote:
That would be great for me, except I would have to learn how to skate. The biggest thing though would be a pair of gloves. I'm going to need a pair if I'm wanting to drop the gloves :D
If you can't skate, all you are gonna get is dropped!! LOL!!!!!!!! :lol: :roll: :wink:

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Oct Tue 19, 2010 7:25 pm

kcarts - 1st matchup between your B's and my CAPS tonight. So far you guys are kickin' our butts at 2-0. I like how they have an announcer for the Caps and an announcer for the B's together calling the game.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Tue 19, 2010 7:31 pm

NaCler wrote:kcarts - 1st matchup between your B's and my CAPS tonight. So far you guys are kickin' our butts at 2-0. I like how they have an announcer for the Caps and an announcer for the B's together calling the game.
Your guys handed to my Rangers!!