Light the Lamp!!!

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Re: Light the Lamp!!!

Post by kcarts » Jun Fri 10, 2011 5:22 pm

All the talk here is that Boston wins tonight and then again Monday and the parade is Wednesday or Thursday. We'll see. Tough to say how tonight will play out. Boston could have won either of the first two games in Vancouver. The Canucks have shown zero life or will while playing in Boston. RIght now if you had to pick a team to win a road game I think you would have to pick the B's. Solely b/c of Thomas by the way.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sat 11, 2011 12:07 am

kcarts wrote:All the talk here is that Boston wins tonight and then again Monday and the parade is Wednesday or Thursday. We'll see. Tough to say how tonight will play out. Boston could have won either of the first two games in Vancouver. The Canucks have shown zero life or will while playing in Boston. RIght now if you had to pick a team to win a road game I think you would have to pick the B's. Solely b/c of Thomas by the way.
Past you might have jinxed them. Tough break once again and a huge confidence booster for Luongo who needed to have a solid game at home after the miserable road trip. Still can go either way with this series. Boston I think will be able to bring this to a game 7 but would have to find a way to win on the road. No team has found a way to do that through the first five.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Jun Sun 12, 2011 6:22 pm

Not sure how much confidence Luongo has. Seems all he's concerned about is that Tim Thomas hasn't paid him a compliment yet. If he's fishing for kudos from the opposing net minder, that doesn't scream confidence. I could be wrong. But I love Thomas' response when asked about it: "I didn't realize it was my job to pump his tires".

The frustrating thing is Boston has outscored Vancouver 14-6. Of course that means nothing right now. Got to win Monday.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sun 12, 2011 10:41 pm

:mrgreen:
kcarts wrote:Not sure how much confidence Luongo has. Seems all he's concerned about is that Tim Thomas hasn't paid him a compliment yet. If he's fishing for kudos from the opposing net minder, that doesn't scream confidence. I could be wrong. But I love Thomas' response when asked about it: "I didn't realize it was my job to pump his tires".

The frustrating thing is Boston has outscored Vancouver 14-6. Of course that means nothing right now. Got to win Monday.
I honestly feel your pain. When looking back at the statistics through the first four games of the Rangers Capitals series, the Rangers were leading most of the playing time but only had 1 win to show and 2 hugely disappointing overtime losses. It's just the way it is. Kind of surprised the NBA finals ended in 6 as I really thought both would go to 7. Should be a fun game 6.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Jun Mon 13, 2011 6:56 pm

Len90 wrote::mrgreen:
kcarts wrote:Not sure how much confidence Luongo has. Seems all he's concerned about is that Tim Thomas hasn't paid him a compliment yet. If he's fishing for kudos from the opposing net minder, that doesn't scream confidence. I could be wrong. But I love Thomas' response when asked about it: "I didn't realize it was my job to pump his tires".

I honestly feel your pain. When looking back at the statistics through the first four games of the Rangers Capitals series, the Rangers were leading most of the playing time but only had 1 win to show and 2 hugely disappointing overtime losses. It's just the way it is. Kind of surprised the NBA finals ended in 6 as I really thought both would go to 7. Should be a fun game 6.
T-minus five minutes. Should be fun.

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Jun Mon 13, 2011 7:52 pm

Not even ten minutes in. Game over.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Mon 13, 2011 11:24 pm

kcarts wrote:Not even ten minutes in. Game over.
Why couldn't Boston score one more. I had this game as a 6-2 win for them. I was close but we have now set the stage for game 7. I'm definitely excited about that.
- Len90

Mr.ToadWildRider

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Jun Wed 15, 2011 9:51 am

There was a group outside the Garden Monday when I was walking home from the gym who had a hat on the ground and a sign that read "Raising money to have Luongo's tires pumped." I thought that was kinda funny. Luongo's comment has to be one of the oddest I've ever heard in professional sports. It's up there with Pedro's infamous "Daddy" comments about the Yankees. What a dumb, embarassing comment to make.

Go, go Black and Gold!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jun Wed 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Good luck you B's fans... It would be nice to keep Lord Stanley in the US where it belongs. ;)

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Jun Thu 16, 2011 9:03 am

So, I have finally seen all four teams in Boston win their title.... And apparently Boston is the only city to have all four teams win a championship in a seven year span. It's good to be king.... :wink:
Last edited by kcarts on Jun Thu 16, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.ToadWildRider

Post by Mr.ToadWildRider » Jun Thu 16, 2011 12:14 pm

kcarts wrote:So, I ahve finally seen all four teams in Boston win their title.... And apparently Boston is the only city to have all four teams win a championship in a seven year span. It's good to be king.... :wink:
It's actually only 6 year span I think. Pats were in 2005. I think I saw reported the next closest 4-team title run was a span of like 24 years in New York or something.

Jackie McMullen wrote about how it's odd that at this moment the Boston team with the longest standing title drought is the New England Patriots at 6 years.

"This is how absurd it has gotten in our fair city. The Patriots and Tom Brady, who last won a Super Bowl in 2005, now account for the longest championship drought. " http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nhl/co ... id=6667074

I have to admit, hockey's the only of the big 4 of professional U.S. team sports (basketball, baseball, football being the others- sorry soccer I don't think you're quite there yet in the land of the red, white, and blue) that I don't watch but being a lifelong Bostonian (sort of) I still am extremely happy they won. I know a lot of Bruins fans who are rabid and have silently watched all the other teams take home the prize and get their parades in recent years and had to sit through that utter collapse with Philly and I'm happy for them and for the players. Being superstitious about sporting karma, I refused to bandwagon jump and start paying a lot of attention to the B's in the playoffs, but yesterday I was convinced I needed to watch this game and that my watching could not upset the karmic balance as the B's hadn't won on Canuck ice with me not watching. I'm glad I did.

On a side note, Boston has had some tragic "riots" after victories by teams in recent years, but as I've said then and with some measure I'll apply to Vancouver, those aren't fans that do that. They're idiots and often times they're people who don't even follow the sport, but the see an opportunity to party or whatever in the street and then get absolutely out of hand and snowball. In Boston it's usually a bunch of out-of-town BU, BC, and Northeastern (my alma matter :oops: ) kids who hear the Boston team won and literally think it'll be fun to go out and "join the riots"- I know this because both my ex-girlfriend and current one and their friends were at various times those kids. With that being said it was really sad to see how crazy things got in Vancouver, and shame on the city for not being better prepared and shame especially on those who participated. Again, to illustrate that those people weren't fans, that is the first time I've seen the rioters actually burning their hometown's jerseys in bon fires- we've had some low points in Boston sports but I don't think I'd ever dream of seeing someone claiming to be a fan burning a Brady jersey after the 18-1 season Superbowl loss or Tim Wakefield after that Aaron Boone homer. Ridiculous. That's not a fan that's an imposter, a punk, someone any fanbase would be much better without.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Thu 16, 2011 2:27 pm

Congrats to all the B's fans out there. Hopefully, one day us CAPS fans can feel the same sense of excitement.

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Jun Thu 16, 2011 5:19 pm

Thanks, Nacler!

And Toad, I'm with you. Hockey is last on my list too. And the B's aren't my first love in the NHL. I still have a soft spot for the Whale. Since Karmanos took them south, I have kept a en eye on the Bruins. I always want them to do well. It was an awesome taking in this run to the Cup. And there is no better time in this city as when there is a parade to celebrate a title.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Thu 16, 2011 5:39 pm

Dare I say as a new yorker this has been a horrendous 6 year span since we've had to watch all the Boston teams take home titles. All we have had in recent years is the Yankees in 2009 and Giants in 2008... Both of which are not teams that I'm a fan of. Congrats to the Bruins though for winning. Tim Thomas did deserve to one day win the cup.

As for the riots, it's really a shame what happens. I honestly think a small group of mischievous individuals capitalize on the anger and frustration that some fans have after such a loss to spur up these riots. I will say that the city should have been ready, especially after the 1994 loss to the Rangers.
- Len90

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Jun Sat 18, 2011 8:40 am

As, they say on one of the crude, crass local websites around here...... "Cue the ----in' duckboats!" :donald: