Food Pr0n!

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Food Pr0n!

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 01, 2012 1:04 pm

That looks pretty tasty roguepawn ~ is there cheese in that potato and bacon torte??

roguepawn
King Arthur Carousel Horseman
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Post by roguepawn » Mar Thu 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Amy wrote:That looks pretty tasty roguepawn ~ is there cheese in that potato and bacon torte??
Half a cup of Gruyere :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 01, 2012 1:28 pm

roguepawn wrote:
Amy wrote:That looks pretty tasty roguepawn ~ is there cheese in that potato and bacon torte??
Half a cup of Gruyere :)
Gasp ~ yummy! :D

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Mar Thu 01, 2012 5:43 pm

Very nice.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Apr Sun 22, 2012 8:59 pm

Excellent job foodies.

Wiz, you continue to amaze me with your creations. It must not get boring eating with you my friend. We are pretty repititious in meals around our house.

HOWEVER, being on a crazy diet (it's called Whole30 if you are interested) it has caused me to start preparing more complete meals. So, here is a glimpse at my day:

This is a basic steak fajita (Steak, onions, peppers, mushrooms) on a romaine leaf with fresh avacado and salsa.

This one is Baby back ribs, slow cooked on a gas grill (unfortunately) with grilled butternut squash, yellow squash and zucchini saute.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 22, 2012 9:04 pm

Those chunks of avocado look tasty NaCler ~ and the veges on the next plate too.
Why is it unfortunate that the ribs were cooked on a gas grill ~ better on a charcoal grill instead?
How is the diet going?

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Sun 22, 2012 9:13 pm

NaCler YUMMY!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Apr Sun 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Ribs or really good BBQ anything have to be slow smoked on a pit or charcoal grill. It's pretty much a necessity. You can set up a wood chips pouch in the gas grill that will smoke up the grill giving a good flavor, but I was out of aluminum foil to make the pouch. So, I did the best I could and tried to slow cook these on a gas grill for about 3 hours. They turned out tasty but a little tougher than I wanted due to not being slow smoked.

As far as the diet... Not bad. It's based on the Paleo way of eating (think caveman diet of meat, veggies and fruit, No sugar or processed foods). There is a version of it called Whole30 where you eat on the diet for 28 days, then go off for 2 days. Then back on for the 30 days again... until you teach yourself to eat like this on a regular basis. I've lost right at 20 lbs at the 28 day mark. Yes, that means I am done for this round! But the good thing about this is it isn't water weight as I have lost inches as well. I'm pretty happy with the results so far.

Thanks JACCA!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 22, 2012 9:28 pm

NaCler wrote:Ribs or really good BBQ anything have to be slow smoked on a pit or charcoal grill. It's pretty much a necessity. You can set up a wood chips pouch in the gas grill that will smoke up the grill giving a good flavor, but I was out of aluminum foil to make the pouch. So, I did the best I could and tried to slow cook these on a gas grill for about 3 hours. They turned out tasty but a little tougher than I wanted due to not being slow smoked.

As far as the diet... Not bad. It's based on the Paleo way of eating (think caveman diet of meat, veggies and fruit, No sugar or processed foods). There is a version of it called Whole30 where you eat on the diet for 28 days, then go off for 2 days. Then back on for the 30 days again... until you teach yourself to eat like this on a regular basis. I've lost right at 20 lbs at the 28 day mark. Yes, that means I am done for this round! But the good thing about this is it isn't water weight as I have lost inches as well. I'm pretty happy with the results so far.

Thanks JACCA!!!
Wow ~ that is a great result. I hope you can continue on. I don't eat enough meat to follow any of these low/no carb sort of diets. I think I actually just need to clear the chocolate out of my house :roll: :shock:
Good luck and happy hunting for food ;)

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Apr Sun 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Thank you for the support Amy. I'm trying.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Mon 23, 2012 12:50 am

NaCler wrote:Ribs or really good BBQ anything have to be slow smoked on a pit or charcoal grill. It's pretty much a necessity. You can set up a wood chips pouch in the gas grill that will smoke up the grill giving a good flavor, but I was out of aluminum foil to make the pouch. So, I did the best I could and tried to slow cook these on a gas grill for about 3 hours. They turned out tasty but a little tougher than I wanted due to not being slow smoked.

Thanks JACCA!!!
Great job!!! Can you eat pasta on this type of diet?? With not being able to move much I'm adding a few pounds. I am eating less, the meds destroy my appetite. I do think I could live on a diet like that as long as I could eat pasta. Baloo and I are Italians and pasta is a big part of our weekly menu.

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Apr Mon 23, 2012 10:17 pm

Looks good, I take it that is low carb since I noticed the caveman style wrapping.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Apr Sun 29, 2012 3:44 am

Sorry Jacca, no pasta or grains of any kind. Not even whole grains. No sugar or sugar substitutes. No processed foods.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Sun 29, 2012 8:34 am

NaCler wrote:Sorry Jacca, no pasta or grains of any kind. Not even whole grains. No sugar or sugar substitutes. No processed foods.
Pass!! I'll keep the weight!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 29, 2012 9:58 am

Jacca5660 wrote:
NaCler wrote:Sorry Jacca, no pasta or grains of any kind. Not even whole grains. No sugar or sugar substitutes. No processed foods.
Pass!! I'll keep the weight!!!
I know ~ I'm waiting for the cheese and bread diet. That I could stick to! :lol: