Anime

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Mike Pinocchio

Post by Mike Pinocchio » May Tue 03, 2005 1:40 am

I'm curious, since you guys seem to be really into anime - am I alone in thinking that the Evangelion finale sucked? For all its attempts at being deep and everything, it didn't answer any of the questions brought up throughout the series. I've heard that the movie was good, but I've never seen it.

AlexLoup
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by AlexLoup » May Tue 03, 2005 1:44 am

The whole series never made sense to me. The ending just made me more confused. I have never seen the movie. They are making a live action series in Japan on the series.
I've gone full circle on my avatars.

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Tue 03, 2005 1:49 am

Mike Pinocchio wrote:I'm curious, since you guys seem to be really into anime - am I alone in thinking that the Evangelion finale sucked? For all its attempts at being deep and everything, it didn't answer any of the questions brought up throughout the series. I've heard that the movie was good, but I've never seen it.
I haven't seen the series finale, or even the series for a long time. But from what I remember, I thought things were explained and tied together. There weren't any big mecha fights or blood, but I didn't mind that.

As for the movies I haven't seen them. But I heard it has more of a definite end. It probably explains more about the Angels and Adam and all that fun stuff. But I also heard that Anno(the creator?) made End of Evangelion to spite all the fans who were discontent with the series ending.
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

AlexLoup

Post by AlexLoup » May Tue 03, 2005 1:51 am

yeah well, one or the other it was over my head and I left it in the trash bin.

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Tue 03, 2005 2:00 am

AlexLoup wrote:yeah well, one or the other it was over my head and I left it in the trash bin.
Hahaha. I'm glad this isn't an anime forum, or the flames would be upon you.

I heard of the live-action film. And I hope I never hear about it again.

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

Mike Pinocchio

Post by Mike Pinocchio » May Tue 03, 2005 2:01 am

Ha ha. Yeah well, I'm the type who, if I don't get something, I go online and read a few essays on the subject. It's geeky and it's lame, but whatever; nobody ever said I was cool.
I haven't seen the series finale, or even the series for a long time. But from what I remember, I thought things were explained and tied together. There weren't any big mecha fights or blood, but I didn't mind that.

As for the movies I haven't seen them. But I heard it has more of a definite end. It probably explains more about the Angels and Adam and all that fun stuff. But I also heard that Anno(the creator?) made End of Evangelion to spite all the fans who were discontent with the series ending.
The finale gives you a lot more insight into the main character's character, but it doesn't explain what happened or give you any insight into the other characters. I'm sure you could make an argument for that character's emotional journey being the whole point of the series, but I call it sloppy writing. That's just my two cents though.

Mike Pinocchio

Post by Mike Pinocchio » May Tue 03, 2005 2:04 am

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:
AlexLoup wrote:yeah well, one or the other it was over my head and I left it in the trash bin.
Hahaha. I'm glad this isn't an anime forum, or the flames would be upon you.

I heard of the live-action film. And I hope I never hear about it again.
Ew. Yeah, I also remember hearing about a live-action Akira and one for Sailor Moon too. Neither exactly had me jumping for joy. Well, maybe the Sailor Moon one. (Come on, hotties in mini-skirts? Who wouldn't be down with that!)

AlexLoup

Post by AlexLoup » May Tue 03, 2005 2:09 am

I have seen one episode of the Live action Sailor moon, it's just another versionof Power Rangers. Though it is interesting that the girls don't have their hair colors and desgin until they change into the senshi.

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Tue 03, 2005 2:11 am

For some reason, I want to watch the live action Sailormoon. Maybe it's the shoujo-fan in me, but yeah... I know the series is cheesy, and the actresses can't act, but from the reviews I've read, it seems like a fun show.

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

Mike Pinocchio

Post by Mike Pinocchio » May Tue 03, 2005 2:12 am

I was referring to a Hollywood movie, but still...they actually made a live-action Sailor Moon??? I wouldn't to sit through an episode of that thing even if you hadn't compared it to Power Rangers.

AlexLoup

Post by AlexLoup » May Tue 03, 2005 2:15 am

Yup, I think the Japanese are running out of Ideas.

Mike Pinocchio

Post by Mike Pinocchio » May Tue 03, 2005 2:16 am

That's just all kinds of wrong.

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » May Tue 03, 2005 2:16 am

Mike Pinocchio wrote:I was referring to a Hollywood movie, but still...they actually made a live-action Sailor Moon??? I wouldn't to sit through an episode of that thing even if you hadn't compared it to Power Rangers.
Oh. A Hollywood version of Sailormoon??! I hope to god they never do it. Yes there is a live action Sailormoon tv series. It lasted for 50 something episodes? No Outers though.

Hey! I liked Power Rangers! Well the first season anyways.

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

AlexLoup

Post by AlexLoup » May Tue 03, 2005 2:18 am

The First season of PR was good then I got really stupid really quickly.

Mike Pinocchio

Post by Mike Pinocchio » May Tue 03, 2005 2:20 am

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:Oh. A Hollywood version of Sailormoon??! I hope to god they never do it. Yes there is a live action Sailormoon tv series. It lasted for 50 something episodes? No Outers though.

Hey! I liked Power Rangers! Well the first season anyways.
It was a rumour from a few years ago, back when Sailor Moon was still big. And yes, I'm quite thankful that it was never made.

I haven't watched Power Rangers since the first season or so, so I can't comment on its current quality. Looks like it sucks though.