Month at the Museum

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Month at the Museum

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 15, 2010 6:49 pm

Ok, so I might be inviting competition here but I want to ask my fellow subsonic-ers for some help. The Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, Illinois is offering a chance to spend a month at the museum. Actually live there, work there, explore there. I have no problem working on the essay or completing the application but I need help for ideas for the 60 second video. The only other time I did a video, it was for becoming one of the Jeopardy clue crew...and have you seen any clue crew members named Amy...well, that gives you some idea of how that must have went!
Anyhow, if this is something you would personally be interested in, then go ahead and apply. If you are thinking, there is no way I would want to live in a museum for a month (and how could you not?!) then any help you want to throw my way is much appreciated :D Thanks!
Here is the full link, contest rules, application form if you are interested...http://www.msichicago.org/fileadmin/pro ... cation.pdf
There is a $10,000 cash reward at the end of the month, but I would do it for much less, much, much less, just to be able to hang out in the museum for a month :D I mean, how cool is that?!?!
If by some miracle I make it into the top three, and I'll keep you posted, I might be begging for some votes too ;) And would certainly support anyone here that is under consideration as well :D

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Month at the Museum

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Fri 16, 2010 1:59 am

I'll vote for you!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 16, 2010 5:44 am

Jacca5660 wrote:I'll vote for you!!
Aww, thanks! But I'll have to get into the top 3 for that. And to get into the top 3 I need an awesome video!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Fri 16, 2010 8:37 pm

Science and Industry, my most fav. musuem in Chicago!!! I'm afraid I'm not much help here Amy?! Can you do something Disney related?!?!?!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Fri 16, 2010 8:57 pm

I love that museum! I've only been in it once, something like 20 years ago, but it made a lasting impression on me! I could see living there for a month if my circumstances would allow it! You go, Amy! What can we do to help?

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Mon 19, 2010 9:41 pm

How awesome Amy! I saw you metnioned this on another thread, but I had no clue what it meant...*lightbulb clicks on*

Science and Industry is a fabulous museum and to have the chance to stay there for a month is AMAZING! I am trying to think of an idea for your video...perhaps some sort of innoventions tie-in? I don't know the deadline, but if I think of anything I'll let you know!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 20, 2010 6:31 am

MmeLeota wrote:How awesome Amy! I saw you metnioned this on another thread, but I had no clue what it meant...*lightbulb clicks on*

Science and Industry is a fabulous museum and to have the chance to stay there for a month is AMAZING! I am trying to think of an idea for your video...perhaps some sort of innoventions tie-in? I don't know the deadline, but if I think of anything I'll let you know!
The entry packet has to be postmarked by August 11, so I'm not freaking out yet. Since there is a video involved, and I don't have a video camera, I do need to be a little more organized than my normal last minute flurry of activity right before the deadline...my friends are helpful but can be a little testy at 2 am... :lol:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Tue 20, 2010 7:00 am

Amy, if you win, make sure you see both "Night at the Museum" movies before you go.... just to set the mood.... :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 20, 2010 9:30 am

Mousekedude wrote:Amy, if you win, make sure you see both "Night at the Museum" movies before you go.... just to set the mood.... :lol:
I just saw the first one on tv a few months ago...and I about died laughing while watching it! "Give me some more gum, gum, dum, dum..."

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Tue 20, 2010 2:54 pm

Amy wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:Amy, if you win, make sure you see both "Night at the Museum" movies before you go.... just to set the mood.... :lol:
I just saw the first one on tv a few months ago...and I about died laughing while watching it! "Give me some more gum, gum, dum, dum..."
Ah yes! My 4 year old niece loves that line... :roll:
We haven't seen the second one yet, but the first one was great!!!! :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 20, 2010 9:06 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
Amy wrote:
Ah yes! My 4 year old niece loves that line... :roll:
We haven't seen the second one yet, but the first one was great!!!! :lol:
I do hang out with a younger crowd most of my waking hours...the sense of humors tend to assimilate after a while :roll:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sat 31, 2010 5:42 pm

Ok fellow subsonicers...I need some help...I have struggled through the 60 second video portion of the application and am on to picking my head shot. Bearing in mind, I have no budget, please help me choose from the 6 shots here...the requirements for entry are a 5x7 head shot. (the silly Amy really isn't up for consideration, it is just to break up your having to look at the other photos!) And one of them I absolutely don't like but my Mom thinks is the best...so I put it in. I won't tell you which one yet since I don't want to prejudice you at all. I think your opinion will be helpful since none of you really know me and are looking at this with the same sort of eyes as the people considering the applications.
http://s798.photobucket.com/albums/yy26 ... ad%20shot/
P.S. I want to get this printed off tomorrow so please help tonight if you can :D
And don't worry if you don't like any of them, I won't be offended. And if you really think I need to take a different/better one, tell me....
And don't bother adjusting your horizontal hold on your computer monitor. I don't know when those wrinkles crept onto my forehead and settled there permanently :shock: but there they are. Good to know they have company from the laugh and smile wrinkles though :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sat 31, 2010 8:34 pm

UPDATE: Ok, so my California sister-in-law, who is a cosmetologist, weighed in on my photos. She says I need make-up, which won't happen since I would have to go buy it, and then learn how to apply it! But she made a good point that I should have on at least a collared shirt and a neutral background for a head shot...so, feel free to shoot me your comments, but it looks like I will be re-taking the photos tomorrow. I'll be taking them inside and hopefully I'll get a few more hours of sleep tonight which when put together will hopefully make my "up waaaay too late last night, allergy eyes" not be so bad! I'm thinking the "begging" photo will still make it's way into the application packet though :D

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Sat 31, 2010 9:29 pm

You're a total cutie-patootie! You shouldn't have any problem with whichever one you choose. Your character shines through in all of them. :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sat 31, 2010 9:33 pm

Mousekedude wrote:You're a total cutie-patootie! You shouldn't have any problem with whichever one you choose. Your character shines through in all of them. :wink:
Aw thanks M-dude! I needed a boost this evening...this application process is harder than I thought :shock: