New Iphone

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Future Guy
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Re: New Iphone

Post by Future Guy » Jun Fri 18, 2010 8:38 am

Len90 wrote: I will be upgrading after 23 months of having the iPhone 3G. I ended up going through 8 phones which were all covered under the 1 year warranty and 1 year AppleCare extended warranty. I am hoping to have better luck with the iPhone 4. I honestly hate AT&T but they have the better service in the areas where I spend the most time.
Lemme get this straight: you've had 8 iPhones crap out on you? Only 3 iterations of the device have been released thus far, so assuming that you've had one since the beginning you would've had at least 2 of each model, except for one that you've had 3 of! And they all failed in some way? It's your money and everything, but if I had a device with such a firmly established history of failure, I'd be taking my business elsewhere. I like AT&T's coverage as well, but their smartphone offerings outside the iPhone are pretty lacking. It's almost like they've said "we've got the iPhone, so why do we need to give our customers any other options?" What I've really been thinking of doing is buying one of the T-Mobile Android phones unlocked and using it on AT&T's network.

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Josh Q » Jun Fri 18, 2010 9:12 am

MmeLeota wrote:
joshQ wrote:I AGREE 100%!!! I'm not at all a fan of AT&T Actually my Fiancée and I are 99% getting 2 Droid Eris' for Free! Totally Awesome!
WOW! That's great!!!! We still have another month and a half or so on our contract, so we are still in the process of looking but it's going to be an android phone this time around for sure! Even if it means we have to keep our old phones for a little while longer if we need to save a little extra $$$.
Ok totally Lame lol. On Wed we could get the Eris. On Thursday they have been Discontinued. Lol. So we're going to more than likley getting 2 Motorolla Droids for like 50 bucks instead.
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Fri 18, 2010 10:40 am

Josh Q wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:
joshQ wrote:I AGREE 100%!!! I'm not at all a fan of AT&T Actually my Fiancée and I are 99% getting 2 Droid Eris' for Free! Totally Awesome!
WOW! That's great!!!! We still have another month and a half or so on our contract, so we are still in the process of looking but it's going to be an android phone this time around for sure! Even if it means we have to keep our old phones for a little while longer if we need to save a little extra $$$.
Ok totally Lame lol. On Wed we could get the Eris. On Thursday they have been Discontinued. Lol. So we're going to more than likley getting 2 Motorolla Droids for like 50 bucks instead.
Well, isn't that from the "good things come to those who wait" category! It does seem once you get a phone it gets discontinued in a few months, but it would really have sucked if it got discontinued in a few hours!

Len: 8 iphones?!? Dude, what are you doing to that iphone?!? I think you can almost hear the iphone squealing each time, "No, not Len! Don't give me to him! He's murder on a phone!" Do the store salesmen say aloud when you leave "Last iphone walking" LOL! You're like a death sentence to an iphone! :roll: :wink: :lol:
Last edited by mindflipper on Jun Fri 18, 2010 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Fri 18, 2010 1:11 pm

Josh Q wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:
Now that just stinks...oh well, you're still getting a great deal! :D

LOL Mindflipper!!! Now whenever I see an iphone I'm going to hear a little voise saying "whew...at least I didn't get placed with Len...I have a chance!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sat 19, 2010 12:23 am

LET ME EXPLAIN!!!! :D It has all been stupid little issues. Most of my issues probably would not have been noticed by most phone users. However, I use the phone to its extent and live on it. Some examples of nitty gritty things I had go bad were a headphone jack that shorted out, one that had a bad battery, one that kept developing software errors, a bad antenna, and a crackling speaker. Oh and they have all been iPhone 3G's.

The Apple Store has been really nice in handling everything. I am never without a phone and they replace on the spot. The only explanation they have for me is that it is all Murphy's Law!

I am hopeful that the new iPhone 4 will be more stable. My mom, dad, and brother have not really had many issues at all with the phones and have only gone through 1 or 2.

Future Guy, you pretty much have explained why I am getting the new iPhone. I am up for a new phone and need a smartphone. I am stuck with AT&T since it has the best service in the places I spend the most time. I am not a fan of Blackberry as I feel it is just too much of a business phone and is something that I can grow bored of in a couple of months. They have the worst rated droid, so I am only left with the iPhone.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 19, 2010 6:16 am

mindflipper wrote:Len: 8 iphones?!? Dude, what are you doing to that iphone?!? I think you can almost hear the iphone squealing each time, "No, not Len! Don't give me to him! He's murder on a phone!" Do the store salesmen say aloud when you leave "Last iphone walking" LOL! You're like a death sentence to an iphone!
That explains the little tiny sigh of relief I heard right after I shelled out my money for my iphone 3Gs. I wasn't sure what the heck that was. :lol:
I probably wouldn't have been so hardcore about keeping a model that had that many problems. I am interested in hearing how you like the new 4 version though Len. I am also kind of stuck with AT&T as the best carrier out here in the sticks so that really helped me make my choice...

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Jun Sat 19, 2010 2:24 pm

If your stuck with at&t the iphone is definitely the way to go.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Sat 19, 2010 11:00 pm

Len90 wrote:LET ME EXPLAIN!!!! :D It has all been stupid little issues. Most of my issues probably would not have been noticed by most phone users. However, I use the phone to its extent and live on it. Some examples of nitty gritty things I had go bad were a headphone jack that shorted out, one that had a bad battery, one that kept developing software errors, a bad antenna, and a crackling speaker. Oh and they have all been iPhone 3G's.

The Apple Store has been really nice in handling everything. I am never without a phone and they replace on the spot. The only explanation they have for me is that it is all Murphy's Law!

I am hopeful that the new iPhone 4 will be more stable. My mom, dad, and brother have not really had many issues at all with the phones and have only gone through 1 or 2.

Future Guy, you pretty much have explained why I am getting the new iPhone. I am up for a new phone and need a smartphone. I am stuck with AT&T since it has the best service in the places I spend the most time. I am not a fan of Blackberry as I feel it is just too much of a business phone and is something that I can grow bored of in a couple of months. They have the worst rated droid, so I am only left with the iPhone.
So you're blaming the fact you run your iphones into the ground on some guy named Murphy, eh? Face it, Len, technology that lives with you is doomed to abuse and ruin. You're techno-cursed! :D :wink:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sat 19, 2010 11:20 pm

Call it what you want mindflipper, but I have had phones that were good and some that were bad. A couple of the iPhones lasted for a solid 5-6 months. Then there were a couple that lasted a week or so. I have been so far (knocks wood) been having good luck with all other technology. So I am only partially cursed :D
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Mark86
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Mark86 » Jun Sun 20, 2010 12:15 am

I pre-ordered mine as well. Switched from iphone 3G to BB and now iphone 4!
Mark86

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Sun 20, 2010 12:17 am

Just teasing, mi amigo, but you've had a run of bad luck with iphones...what was your luck with ipods? Maybe just Apple technology?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sun 20, 2010 3:47 pm

mindflipper wrote:Just teasing, mi amigo, but you've had a run of bad luck with iphones...what was your luck with ipods? Maybe just Apple technology?
I like how he says some of them lasted a solid 5-6 months :lol:
I do hope you and your brother are happy with your new iphones! You'll be able to video chat on vacation ~ how cool is that?!?! :D

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sun 20, 2010 11:00 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Just teasing, mi amigo, but you've had a run of bad luck with iphones...what was your luck with ipods? Maybe just Apple technology?
I like how he says some of them lasted a solid 5-6 months :lol:
I do hope you and your brother are happy with your new iphones! You'll be able to video chat on vacation ~ how cool is that?!?! :D
Never had an issue with an iPod or a MacBook. So far my MacBook Pro is coming up on 1 year old in a month or two and NEVER!!! had an issue. I have bought new iPods just to get something with more storage or more compact. I have a full working iPod that is 6 years old. I have an original 2GB nano that is 3 years old and the new Nano video which I got for Hanukkah. My new nano has suffered through 1 semester at Rutgers and works perfectly. It is all just bad luck with the iPhone 3G.
- Len90

Mark86
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by Mark86 » Jun Mon 21, 2010 7:54 am

I actually didn't have many hardware problems with my 3G. I had an issue with a Macbook Pro that I bought in 2007. They ended up replacing it for me and the current Macbook Pro (bought in July 2009) is an awesome laptop. It is probably the best computer I have ever owned. Never had problems with ipods.
Mark86

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Mon 21, 2010 10:46 am

Mark86 wrote:I actually didn't have many hardware problems with my 3G. I had an issue with a Macbook Pro that I bought in 2007. They ended up replacing it for me and the current Macbook Pro (bought in July 2009) is an awesome laptop. It is probably the best computer I have ever owned. Never had problems with ipods.
Hmmmmmm, glad to see Len's Iphone Curse has not extended to other electronics, and not to any other memeber of his family. Len, I hope your curse ends with the 3G phones. What's the big difference between 3G and 4G phones anyway?