New Iphone

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

joeyflds
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

New Iphone

Post by joeyflds » Jun Wed 16, 2010 9:19 am

Anyone pre-order their new Iphone yesterday?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: New Iphone

Post by Amy » Jun Wed 16, 2010 1:10 pm

tempting only because of the new and improved battery life and higher megapixel camera with flash. Not tempting enough to pay for a new one when my 3gs is only a year old though. The video chat would be no good since I won't know...well, probably anyone else, that will have one...

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Wed 16, 2010 3:28 pm

I'd much rather wait until they get rid of most of the bugs that usually come out of the phones.

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Josh Q » Jun Wed 16, 2010 4:37 pm

I'll wait till Verizon gets one.
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Wed 16, 2010 5:50 pm

Nah...we're gonna go for android phones

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Jun Wed 16, 2010 6:42 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Nah...we're gonna go for android phones
thats what I'm looking at

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Wed 16, 2010 6:48 pm

Josh Q wrote:
Besides, I won't go back to AT&T

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Thu 17, 2010 12:11 am

I did it at BestBuy yesterday. I was within the first 25 at the store and should be able to get it just in time before going on vacation. I am hoping to be able to have it so I can take a picture on it in WDW and set it as the background. The store said they will have shipments on June 24th and June 25th. I am crossing my fingers in hopes of getting it!

As for the AT&T, if you currently have a smart phone, make sure you keep your unlimited data plans when upgrading. They no longer offer it and instead have 200 MB and 2GB plans. If you stream on your phone, you need the unlimited data!!!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Thu 17, 2010 6:35 am

Len90 wrote:I did it at BestBuy yesterday. I was within the first 25 at the store and should be able to get it just in time before going on vacation. I am hoping to be able to have it so I can take a picture on it in WDW and set it as the background. The store said they will have shipments on June 24th and June 25th. I am crossing my fingers in hopes of getting it!

As for the AT&T, if you currently have a smart phone, make sure you keep your unlimited data plans when upgrading. They no longer offer it and instead have 200 MB and 2GB plans. If you stream on your phone, you need the unlimited data!!!
I hope you get your new phone before you go Len! Did you upgrade from another iphone or is this your first one? How early did you get to Best Buy to be one of the first 25?

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Jun Thu 17, 2010 9:08 am

MmeLeota wrote:
Josh Q wrote:
Besides, I won't go back to AT&T
I AGREE 100%!!! I'm not at all a fan of AT&T Actually my Fiancée and I are 99% getting 2 Droid Eris' for Free! Totally Awesome!

Future Guy
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Future Guy » Jun Thu 17, 2010 2:39 pm

The one thing that's come out of the iPhone 4.0 fiasco that I like is the tiered data plan. Currently, the only smartphone data plan AT&T offers is the $30 one-size-fits-all version. The $15 is more reasonable, and I'm not a huge consumer of data so I think it would work for me. As soon as they roll it out to their other phones (I refuse to buy an iPhone) I'm sold.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Thu 17, 2010 7:57 pm

joshQ wrote:I AGREE 100%!!! I'm not at all a fan of AT&T Actually my Fiancée and I are 99% getting 2 Droid Eris' for Free! Totally Awesome!
WOW! That's great!!!! We still have another month and a half or so on our contract, so we are still in the process of looking but it's going to be an android phone this time around for sure! Even if it means we have to keep our old phones for a little while longer if we need to save a little extra $$$.

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Jun Thu 17, 2010 9:12 pm

I love my moto droid from Verizon. Very fast on the train to Florida even when we were going through Georgia I was looking at gps and streaming sub with no skips or interruption. iphone's were ibricks for most of the trip which is not always going through metropolitan areas with good service..

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Thu 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Future Guy wrote:The one thing that's come out of the iPhone 4.0 fiasco that I like is the tiered data plan. Currently, the only smartphone data plan AT&T offers is the $30 one-size-fits-all version. The $15 is more reasonable, and I'm not a huge consumer of data so I think it would work for me. As soon as they roll it out to their other phones (I refuse to buy an iPhone) I'm sold.
Are you sure about that Future Guy. AT&T only has two options now which went into effect on June 7, 2010. The first is $15 for every 200Mb that you use. The second option is $25 for 2GB and an additional 1Gb at $10 as needed. These will automatically be charged once you hit the number depending on which option you go with.
If you are a current AT&T customer, you DO NOT have to choose one of these. You are allowed to keep your current UNLIMITED data plan which is $30. This was the best option for those of us that like to stream from our phones ;)

I will be upgrading after 23 months of having the iPhone 3G. I ended up going through 8 phones which were all covered under the 1 year warranty and 1 year AppleCare extended warranty. I am hoping to have better luck with the iPhone 4. I honestly hate AT&T but they have the better service in the areas where I spend the most time.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

northernmousefan2007
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by northernmousefan2007 » Jun Fri 18, 2010 7:50 am

Another cool thing about Verizon is its the official disney carrier, so we have mobile magic which is updated by disney so it's the most accurate. I signed up for a trip to world of color too, if I win i'm going to be a Verizon customer forever.