Cell Phones

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Cell Phones

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Sat 12, 2010 3:25 pm

What is the best NON contract cell phone? I'm thinking of getting two. One for me and one for a 16 year old. I just need a phone, I don't text and I go on-line on my computer. I need unlimited phone use. My 16 year old needs unlimited everything!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Cell Phones

Post by boilerbabe » Jun Sat 12, 2010 7:22 pm

Hmmm...not sure Jacca?! I have Sprint. I know you can get all types of plans through cell phone companies. Maybe do some comparison shopping?! I don't have a very expensive cell phone plan b/c I don't do the texting thing either. :shock: I guess I'm old fashioned! You can add a line on to your plan for your son. DH has the iPhone only b/c it's his work phone too and we don't have to pay for the service, thank the Lord!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jun Sat 12, 2010 7:40 pm

My Mom has TracFone and is very happy with the service, other than when she needs to buy new airtime, that always seems to be a hassle. You might want to compare as boilerbabe suggested. You might find that it is cheaper to get a contracted service than a pay as you go, especially if you are wanting unlimited talk time and I am assuming your son will want to text...a lot! Talk to neighbors and coworkers too since service varies by locale.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Sat 12, 2010 8:31 pm

Do you guys have either MetroPCS or Cricket? They have non-contracted monthly plans that are reasonable.

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Jun Sat 12, 2010 9:35 pm

I been using Tracfone. They have these new unlimited plan phones called Straight Talk. It is only sold at WalMart. You can choose your phone which range I think from $30 - $145. There is unlimited everything for $45 a month (i use this one), and 1000 minutes everything a month. Mine was 99.99 (birthday present) and it has text, internet, MP3 player, and camera.
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"