WE DID IT!!!

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Boilerdude
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

WE DID IT!!!

Post by Boilerdude » Jun Thu 10, 2010 8:52 am

Going to stadium shaking games at the “Barn” (Chicago Stadium); where you couldn’t hear the horn when the Hawks scored because it was so loud. To attending games at the United Center where you could hear a pin drop. To listening to the radio when the Hawks played at home, due to home games were not televised. Watching my loved players get pushed out of town, Roenick, Chelios, Belfour and others. And listening as the “Roar” left Chicago hockey. An original six team in ruin, the Indian Head disgraced.

Now a new era has begun. Long abandon greats have been recalled to put on the Indian Head: Tony Esposito, Stan Mikita and The Golden Jet Bobby Hull. With new players to love Toews, Byfuglien, Hossa, Nemi, Kane and all the rest. An original six team restored to greatness and once again the Indian Head is proudly worn.

It has been a long and crazy trip to get here. I am so glad I was able to share this moment with my wife. She is a true Blackhawk fan and my best friend. Congratulations Blackhawks and all the Blackhawks’ fans new and old. WE DID IT!!! And, most importantly, the “Roar” is back.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: WE DID IT!!!

Post by NaCler » Jun Thu 10, 2010 9:28 am

Congrats bud... You have the joy that I was hoping to have this year. Enjoy it as now is the time for hockey to make a comeback in Chicago since the Cubbies, Bulls and Bears aren't much to cheer for right now. Notice I left out the White Sox as they are about to play my team... ;)

Boilerdude

Post by Boilerdude » Jun Thu 10, 2010 9:47 am

Well, leave the Cubs out. I am a White Sox guy.

I guess thats why this is big for Chicago. In 2005 only half the City, the good half, got to enjoy a World Series winner.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Thu 10, 2010 2:27 pm

Great game, great series!! The Black Hawk deserve it!! Congrats!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Jun Thu 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Congrats! Long time coming. Enjoy the parade tomorrow if you're going.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jun Thu 10, 2010 8:06 pm

Sweetie,
That was so well said, you made me get all choked up!!! :D The roar is back and it's a wonderful feeling!!!!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Fri 11, 2010 12:44 am

Wow Boilerdude showing all the emotions of winning the cup. Great story and even better to see you posting on the board. Enjoy the moment and let the memories live on forever.

I was just about 4 when the Rangers won the cup in 1994. I barely remember anything that happened except the people were celebrating in the streets of NYC all night long and the police let the party go on!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jun Fri 11, 2010 9:00 am

Wow, I've never seen so much emotion out of Boilerdude! Way to go, big guy.... and isn't it wonderful to have a life partner who shares your interests?

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Fri 11, 2010 3:14 pm

Boilerdude wrote:Well, leave the Cubs out. I am a White Sox guy.

I guess thats why this is big for Chicago. In 2005 only half the City, the good half, got to enjoy a World Series winner.
We're both elated...er, over the moon...er, excited beyond description about the Blackhawks' win!!!! (With hubby being from Chi-town and all)

however, :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P to you and your little comment there....GO CUBS!!! (I know it's a long shot, but hubby's a north sider... :wink: :roll: )

Boilerdude

Post by Boilerdude » Jun Sat 12, 2010 7:59 pm

2 in a row and looking for the broom :)

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Thu 24, 2010 10:07 am

Sadly, let the salary dump begin. Unfortunately, we see this too much when a team wins the Championship. Sorry Boilers. I like Byfuglien too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/n ... id=5320715

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jun Thu 24, 2010 11:09 am

Just drive the stake through my heart NaCler! DH and I are seriously bummed out about this, shocked as well too! :( It was a sad day for us yesterday, Big Buf was one of our fav. players!

Nothing will ever be as painful for me though as the day they traded Roenick. He is and always will be my most fav. hockey player.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Fri 25, 2010 12:46 am

It is truly a shame what happens to teams after championships. It used to be the case where the teams won it for the fans and used it as a means to celebrate. Now it is just a means to demand more money. Sad to see that happen to the Blackhawks.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Fri 25, 2010 6:24 am

boilerbabe wrote:Just drive the stake through my heart NaCler!

Nothing will ever be as painful for me though as the day they traded Roenick. He is and always will be my most fav. hockey player.
Didn't mean to, sorry. :(
Is Roenick still playing or did he retire? Did you still follow him even though he went to the Coyotes? It's tough to see your favorite player leave your team.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jun Fri 25, 2010 8:47 am

NaCler wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:Just drive the stake through my heart NaCler!

Didn't mean to, sorry. :(
Is Roenick still playing or did he retire? Did you still follow him even though he went to the Coyotes? It's tough to see your favorite player leave your team.
Roenick is retired now. I followed him all the way to the Flyers. :( He was comentating for the Hawks/Flyers and when the Hawks won the Cup, he got all choked up. He loved being a Hawk, he didn't want to leave Chicago. It was so hard to see him and Chelios go. *sniff* I still have both of my Roenick jersies, I still wear them too. :D