NBA Finals

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Future Guy
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Re: NBA Finals

Post by Future Guy » Jun Fri 18, 2010 7:02 am

I really hate that I stayed up until midnight only to see the Celtics choke at the end. I'm not going to complain about the officiating (even though Joey Crawford is notorious for favoring the home team) because the truth is that Boston just did not make shots when they needed to. Still, I hate Kobe Bryant. I hate him more than any player since Bill Laimbeer. The guy is a sociopath who cares about nothing other than his own personal glory.

It's a shame, because I really like a lot of the Lakers' other players. Pau Gasol reminds me of the way I played back when I used to ball regularly (minus the girlish whining whenever he's called for a foul), Derek Fisher is a classy guy, and I'm really happy for Ron Artest: everyone predicted that he'd have a meltdown at some point and ruin the team's success, but it didn't happen. And he played great defense on Paul Pierce. But Kobe Bryant ruins the Lakers for me. My #1 basketball-related joy is seeing Kobe Bryant lose. Maybe next year. I don't think any team in the East is capable of beating the Lakers next year, no matter where LeBron goes, but maybe someone out West can get it done.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Fri 18, 2010 8:47 pm

Congratulations Lakers...(grumbled through gritted teeth)

...just trying to be civil here. :roll:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sat 19, 2010 12:26 am

The only thing I enjoyed about game 7 was that the Lakers did play some pretty decent defense in the 4th quarter to enable a comeback. I honestly only watched the second half of game 7 since I figured that would be the most interesting and maybe defining point of the series. It was good and congrats to the lakers and their fans. Now we can enjoy baseball and get ready for football season!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Jun Sat 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Len90 wrote:The only thing I enjoyed about game 7 was that the Lakers did play some pretty decent defense in the 4th quarter to enable a comeback. I honestly only watched the second half of game 7 since I figured that would be the most interesting and maybe defining point of the series. It was good and congrats to the lakers and their fans. Now we can enjoy baseball and get ready for football season!
The better team won. No question. The C's nearly pulled it out. When they were up 13 in the third quarter I thought if they could just take a double digit lead into the fourth, they would hold on. But I'm not so sure the Lakers' defense got any better in the fourth quarter so much as the Celtics ran out of gas. Both teams played fantastic defense (helped by the refs letting them play, which I liked very much).

With a healthy Bynum the Lakers likely win that series in six or even five. They should be a force for the next five or six seasons. Unfortunately.

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Jun Sat 19, 2010 3:40 pm

Hey I know I am a girl and stuff but I think we (Celts fans) should be happy the Celtics made it that far! Most people didn't even think that they would make it through the first round. And they sure didn't give the Lakers an easy win. Good effort, good series and now finally I can get some sleep!! Oh wait it is time to pay attention to baseball again. Go Sox!

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Jun Sat 19, 2010 5:14 pm

jlpeaches255 wrote:Hey I know I am a girl and stuff but I think we (Celts fans) should be happy the Celtics made it that far! Most people didn't even think that they would make it through the first round. And they sure didn't give the Lakers an easy win. Good effort, good series and now finally I can get some sleep!! Oh wait it is time to pay attention to baseball again. Go Sox!

I agree. 100%. I hope my post didn't come across as disgust for the C's. I think they left it all out on the floor. They had nothing left. I am disappointed that they didn't win but not with effort.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Sat 19, 2010 10:49 pm

Exactly. I thought the Celtics had no chance in game 7 when Kendrick Perkins was ruled out of the game. However, Rasheed Wallace was a great bench fill-in and there was nothing more he could have really done, except maybe stay out of foul trouble at the end. All in all, the Celtics just couldn't keep up their shooting percentage and the Lakers came alive and started making baskets after falling down 13.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"