I was cleaning up my room and I found...

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

cruiseguy7011
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

I was cleaning up my room and I found...

Post by cruiseguy7011 » Apr Thu 28, 2005 1:36 am

I found a fantasmic audio tape in one of my desk drawars and it also has the MAIN ST. electrical parade on it (I request it whenever it's available and I still have the points for it). Too bad I don't have a tape deck connected to my reciever. I'm trying to wire my little sony walkman to my surround sound. They I can use my points on something else. I don't remember ever seeing this before and I thought I went through everything. I guess sometimes cleaning you room can be a good thing. :lol:
-Cruiseguy

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Apr Thu 28, 2005 1:39 am

Hey, cool you got a picture of your brick. I wish I got one, but my friends don't have the Disney-spirit.

Cleaning your rooms does actually pay off. I hate it when things get cluttered. Once while cleaning my room, I found 20 bux. woot!
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

cruiseguy7011

Post by cruiseguy7011 » Apr Thu 28, 2005 1:51 am

Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:Hey, cool you got a picture of your brick. I wish I got one, but my friends don't have the Disney-spirit.

Cleaning your rooms does actually pay off. I hate it when things get cluttered. Once while cleaning my room, I found 20 bux. woot!
Yea it's great. A few of my friends have some disney-spirit, but it seemed like a nice thing to buy my family. (On a side note, those few of my friends just got their licences and we parade around with a 3'x5' pirate flag out the sunroof and we play pirates while driving around. Great times :lol:)
-Cruiseguy

Gizmata
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Gizmata » Apr Thu 28, 2005 1:56 am

I love that Fantasmic / Electric Light Parade CD/tape. Until that album, I never got to fully enjoy the ELP, and could fully enjoy Fantasmic when I was not there.

Unfortunately I went to see Fantasmic at MGM and was disapointed beyond words. I tried to video tape it, but every single thing I remembered happening (audio cues to the music in my mind) failed to happen. So depressing when the suits get a full theater setting to produce a show in, and do it so poorly you wish they had not even bothered trying.

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Apr Thu 28, 2005 2:05 am

cruiseguy7011 wrote:
Lion Sleeps Tonight wrote:Hey, cool you got a picture of your brick. I wish I got one, but my friends don't have the Disney-spirit.

Yea it's great. A few of my friends have some disney-spirit, but it seemed like a nice thing to buy my family. (On a side note, those few of my friends just got their licences and we parade around with a 3'x5' pirate flag out the sunroof and we play pirates while driving around. Great times :lol:)
-Cruiseguy
Yeah represent Pirates!! The only thing in my car that features Disney is my "dead men tell no tales" pirate antenna ball. I love it. If you think about it, it's kind of an ironic message...but oh well.

My friend has a "Goodbye Michael, bring back Roy" bumper sticker.

Gizmata- I've only seen Fantasmic at MGM once, and that experience was horrible for me as well. A group of 10 or so jerks behind us kept on screaming throughout the whole show. And that was the only night we could go and watch it. Bad memories. :(

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

cruiseguy7011

Post by cruiseguy7011 » Apr Thu 28, 2005 2:06 am

Gizmata wrote:I love that Fantasmic / Electric Light Parade CD/tape. Until that album, I never got to fully enjoy the ELP, and could fully enjoy Fantasmic when I was not there.

Unfortunately I went to see Fantasmic at MGM and was disapointed beyond words. I tried to video tape it, but every single thing I remembered happening (audio cues to the music in my mind) failed to happen. So depressing when the suits get a full theater setting to produce a show in, and do it so poorly you wish they had not even bothered trying.
When I went to WDW last year I didn't get a chance to see Fantasmic in person but I have heard the track and I never got why there was a pocahantas (sp?) segment to that as well as other odd additions. It just didn't seem right listening to it. Nothing beats sitting down at ROA watching the lights pop-up out of nowhere. Much better at DL
-cruiseguy

Gizmata

Post by Gizmata » Apr Thu 28, 2005 2:16 am

cruiseguy7011 wrote:When I went to WDW last year I didn't get a chance to see Fantasmic in person but I have heard the track and I never got why there was a pocahantas (sp?) segment to that as well as other odd additions. It just didn't seem right listening to it. Nothing beats sitting down at ROA watching the lights pop-up out of nowhere. Much better at DL
-cruiseguy
It was a brilliant usage of the rivers of America. The area is pretty dead at night really, and one of the more open areas of the park. Sitting there with the jazz band floating around before the show was nice.

I think the part of the show I missed the most were the electric guitar strings and the pink elephants on parade. So much of the show at MGM was video projection between scenes. I am sure this cut down on the number of cast members, or at least made the show go easier, but it just didn't pack the punch that DLR's does. :(

Lion Sleeps Tonight

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Apr Thu 28, 2005 2:28 am

cruiseguy7011 wrote:
Gizmata wrote:I love that Fantasmic / Electric Light Parade CD/tape. Until that album, I never got to fully enjoy the ELP, and could fully enjoy Fantasmic when I was not there.

When I went to WDW last year I didn't get a chance to see Fantasmic in person but I have heard the track and I never got why there was a pocahantas (sp?) segment to that as well as other odd additions. It just didn't seem right listening to it. Nothing beats sitting down at ROA watching the lights pop-up out of nowhere. Much better at DL
-cruiseguy
I guess the reason why there's a Pocahontas scene is because it's at MGM studios and they don't have the Columbia to sail around. That also means they don't have a huge Mark Twain river boat for the finale, but instead they use the Steamboat Willie...steamboat.

There are parts of WDW Fantasmic I enjoy, such as the water curtain as Mickey defeats the dragon, and the neon animals. Although the part with the "enter the cave of wonders!" is so random.

And yeah the jazz music and the other ambience of NOS/ROA while witing for Fantasmic to begin do bring back happy memories.

Oh, and "Welcome Home."