Sub-mall

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Sub-mall

Post by Amy » Apr Sat 02, 2011 4:59 pm

I found a hidden mickey on this lunch bag at Marshall's today! No, I didn't buy it...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sat 02, 2011 5:00 pm

Mom is very trusting ~ I gave her this shirt to hold up so I could take her picture at Sam's Club. I don't think she ever bothered to look at it ;) :lol: I think I might be in trouble when she sees this :roll:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Sun 03, 2011 2:10 am

Baloo said she would have bought the lunch box!! What's your mom's E-mail??
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 03, 2011 7:53 am

Jacca5660 wrote:Baloo said she would have bought the lunch box!! What's your mom's E-mail??
The lunch box was cute, but it was still $12 on sale. I think that was just because it was a brand name ~ mario batali or something like that. It was really too big for a lunch box and since I haven't been teaching at school very often, I just couldn't justify another lunch box.
I already showed Mom the picture :roll: Her face looked like this ~ :? :shock: :( :evil: And then she mentioned that she hasn't had a chance to be on subsonic very much lately. I think that might change so she can see what I am up to more often :wink: :mrgreen:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Sun 03, 2011 8:16 am

I don't know what she's upset about - it's a very good picture of her! Crop a little from the bottom and you got a great pic of her with a cheerful, beaming smile...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sun 03, 2011 8:19 am

mindflipper wrote:I don't know what she's upset about - it's a very good picture of her! Crop a little from the bottom and you got a great pic of her with a cheerful, beaming smile...
Nah, all in good fun. I didn't play any April Fool's pranks on anyone this year so this was a bit of that. She thought it was funny

jacobcary1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by jacobcary1 » Jul Tue 05, 2011 8:40 am

It is very funny.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Here are the Disney treasures I found at two different estate sales last weekend...

This was from the first estate sale. Don was the President of the local ABC affiliate here and had a lot of ABC memorabilia. These have WDW tags and engraved name tags. I picked up the pair for $7.50. The EPCOT Center water bottle in the middle was free!

The other items all came from a second estate sale.

The people running the sale told me this was a poster that the couple bought at WDW and brought home and had framed.

This appears to be a hand drawn picture of Mickey. I don't think it is an official Disney artist, but I thought it was cute.

The clock that started the whole purchasing spree. F1gment suggested I offer $10 for it (it was marked $25. I simply asked if they would consider taking less if I purchased both the big framed poster and the clock, and they said $5 each. Sold!)

Sorry this one is a bit fuzzy. It is a little cookie jar and again I thought it was kinda cute.

One of my favorite finds ~ a set of Disney nesting dolls. They aren't marked in any way, but they are painted quite well so I don't think it is a cheap knock off.

The first thing that caught my eye when I walked in was the Disney cookbook. I found the Uno set in the basement and thought, why not?!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jul Wed 03, 2013 10:01 am

The way Donald is illustrated on the nesting dolls makes me think they're older, like 1960s or older. The way Mickey is drawn has changed a little in the last 50 years, but not that much. Donald, however, has changed a lot. I'd be interested in knowing how old they are.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 03, 2013 10:08 am

cy1229 wrote:The way Donald is illustrated on the nesting dolls makes me think they're older, like 1960s or older. The way Mickey is drawn has changed a little in the last 50 years, but not that much. Donald, however, has changed a lot. I'd be interested in knowing how old they are.
Maybe I'll have to get to an Antiques Roadshow! I just wonder if they are Disney at all since there are no markings that I can find. I suppose they might have had a sticker on them at one point that has fallen off. They look and smell (yes, I smelled them) fairly new though.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jul Wed 03, 2013 8:37 pm

Amy wrote:
cy1229 wrote:The way Donald is illustrated on the nesting dolls makes me think they're older, like 1960s or older. The way Mickey is drawn has changed a little in the last 50 years, but not that much. Donald, however, has changed a lot. I'd be interested in knowing how old they are.
Maybe I'll have to get to an Antiques Roadshow! I just wonder if they are Disney at all since there are no markings that I can find. I suppose they might have had a sticker on them at one point that has fallen off. They look and smell (yes, I smelled them) fairly new though.
Hubby and I just had a very analytical discussion about the nesting dolls. He doesn't think that Donald has ever looked like that, and we think Minnie is wrong. It looks like Mickey with eyelashes and a bow. So your suspicion that they're not truly Disney might be spot on. Now I want to look at Donald and Minnie to see how they've changed over the years.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 04, 2013 8:15 am

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:
Hubby and I just had a very analytical discussion about the nesting dolls. He doesn't think that Donald has ever looked like that, and we think Minnie is wrong. It looks like Mickey with eyelashes and a bow. So your suspicion that they're not truly Disney might be spot on. Now I want to look at Donald and Minnie to see how they've changed over the years.
Good to know I am sparking analytical discussions in your household ~ must be a slow night there ;) :lol:
I think it is just a really good quality set of dolls that someone painted themselves, or given the amount of traveling mementos at the house, maybe picked up on their travels. Maybe to Mexico? They are cute either way :mickey:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Jul Sat 06, 2013 8:57 pm

Amy wrote: Good to know I am sparking analytical discussions in your household ~ must be a slow night there ;) :lol:
I think it is just a really good quality set of dolls that someone painted themselves, or given the amount of traveling mementos at the house, maybe picked up on their travels. Maybe to Mexico? They are cute either way :mickey:
I agree, they're darling. Knowing that they're probably "homemade" makes me admire the artist all the more. I wish I had that kind of artistic talent.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 31, 2014 9:09 pm

A Hallmark store near one of my piano families is closing and I caught the 50% sale shortly after it started ~ I picked up a few things then, but I made a note to return when I was back in the area for the family's next lessons and I found this today ~ I thought it was perfect for me as I tend to be a bit Grumpy and I play the piano ;) :lol: Half price it ran me just about $24 with tax ~ not too bad I thought.

My purchases from the other day ~ I also got a small Minnie Mouse themed journal.
ImageImage

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jan Fri 31, 2014 9:15 pm

Nice finds Amy! Hallmark has alot of really nice Disney stuff! I have a few of their plaques! :D