Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Glee!

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Wed 14, 2010 4:34 pm

Are there any other "Gleeks" out there?

Being that I was a choir chick in HS (and yes, we had a show choir too) I totally connect with the show!

What did you think of the "Vogue" video...DH and I were dying!!! :lol:

In case you are not a "Gleek" or you would just like to see the video, here's a link: (I hope it works)

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/glee-sue-sylve ... onna--1154
Last edited by MmeLeota on Apr Wed 14, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Wed 14, 2010 4:39 pm

I was on the A/V squad!!

EDIT!! I read GEEK, not GLEEK.
Last edited by Jacca5660 on Apr Thu 15, 2010 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Wed 14, 2010 4:55 pm

I honestly recorded the show last night just to understand what the big deal about it is. Everybody's facebook status yesterday was just a countdown to when Glee started. I really didn't think it was amazing. I thought it was a unique show and did like that they make really unique versions of songs that I like.

I have no singing ability, but do think that those people (if really singing) can sing.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Wed 14, 2010 5:26 pm

think that those people (if really singing) can sing.
Well, I know at least one of them was in Spring Awakening, so there's true talent there.

Even my dad loves the show...and that's saying a lot! :shock:

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Wed 14, 2010 5:58 pm

I never bothered with the show. I enjoy the occasional musical here and there but I wouldn't watch it as a tv show. Then again I don't watch much tv to begin with. I have about three shows I watch religiously.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Wed 14, 2010 8:37 pm

I recorded it last night, but it seems somehow it started late, ended late (did that friggin' American Idol over-run last night?) so I didn't get to see the end. How did it end?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Wed 14, 2010 8:50 pm

I taped last night's show but haven't watched it yet. It was on at a weird time, like 9:28-11:00. I really enjoyed the Wicked sing-off last season, I liked it better than the original :roll: The Glee actors do their own singing but lip-sync to their own vocals while taping which makes it look like they aren't doing their own singing. There are some big talents on there for sure...

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Apr Thu 15, 2010 2:17 am

First series just finished here last week , I am now awaiting series two which will start in about three weeks.

I'm not going to watch your clip MmeLeota as it would spoil the first show.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Apr Thu 15, 2010 7:58 am

I just signed on at the end of last season and watched the 1st episode this season and liked it. The addition of Idina Menzel should be an interesting one this season. BUT, I think they put TOO much singing in the 1st episode. It was a little like High School Musical for me. But, overall it was entertaining.

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Apr Thu 15, 2010 6:03 pm

I'm a huge fan of Glee. I love singing...so it appeals to me. Of course, I love LOST more, so it gets the live viewing from me while Glee gets sent to the DVR.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Thu 15, 2010 6:25 pm

NaCler wrote:I just signed on at the end of last season and watched the 1st episode this season and liked it. The addition of Idina Menzel should be an interesting one this season. BUT, I think they put TOO much singing in the 1st episode. It was a little like High School Musical for me. But, overall it was entertaining.
I loved seeing Idina Menzel too! Does anyone else think "Rachel" kinda looks like a younger version of Ms. Menzel? We thought that throughout the first season, and when they did the Wicked episode, it stood out even more to us.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 15, 2010 8:50 pm

MmeLeota wrote:I loved seeing Idina Menzel too! Does anyone else think "Rachel" kinda looks like a younger version of Ms. Menzel? We thought that throughout the first season, and when they did the Wicked episode, it stood out even more to us.
I really think there is a strong resemblance there! Here is something funny though. I had taped it since my Mom is a Lost fan and also likes Glee. She had watched the show while I was at school, then she caught the last video montage when I watched the show, where they are doing the Madonna song, Vogue. After the "cone-bra" part, she looks at me and says, "I don't really get how that fits into the show!" I tried to explain Madonna to her and then realized that she didn't see the part where it was a sneak preview for next week...ah, it is so hard raising parents these days :lol:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Thu 15, 2010 9:00 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:I loved seeing Idina Menzel too! Does anyone else think "Rachel" kinda looks like a younger version of Ms. Menzel? We thought that throughout the first season, and when they did the Wicked episode, it stood out even more to us.
I really think there is a strong resemblance there! Here is something funny though. I had taped it since my Mom is a Lost fan and also likes Glee. She had watched the show while I was at school, then she caught the last video montage when I watched the show, where they are doing the Madonna song, Vogue. After the "cone-bra" part, she looks at me and says, "I don't really get how that fits into the show!" I tried to explain Madonna to her and then realized that she didn't see the part where it was a sneak preview for next week...ah, it is so hard raising parents these days :lol:
We were laughing so hard during the video!

Yes, it is very difficult raising parents these days. ;)
Trying to get my mom to look stuff up on youtube is frustrating at times. And don't even think about trying to get them to understand the bells and whistles (or even the standard features these days (pictures/texts and the like)) on a cell phone. *deep breaths* :roll: :D (they're so cute at that age ;) )

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 15, 2010 9:05 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Trying to get my mom to look stuff up on youtube is frustrating at times. And don't even think about trying to get them to understand the bells and whistles (or even the standard features these days (pictures/texts and the like)) on a cell phone. *deep breaths* :roll: :D (they're so cute at that age ;) )
I am lucky as my Mom is really quite computer literate - she has no idea how to use her cell phone though :roll:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Thu 15, 2010 11:16 pm

Amy wrote:I taped last night's show but haven't watched it yet. It was on at a weird time, like 9:28-11:00. I really enjoyed the Wicked sing-off last season, I liked it better than the original :roll: The Glee actors do their own singing but lip-sync to their own vocals while taping which makes it look like they aren't doing their own singing. There are some big talents on there for sure...
Ah no wonder why the singing on the show looks really fake.

I decided to use my free time to look up the people on the show. One of the girls was a back-up dancer for Beyonce. The lead girl did do Spring Awakening as well as other shows.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"