Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » Apr Tue 26, 2005 3:21 pm

GIZMATA - You are a fountain of knowledge - thanks again! :lol:

borjoyzee
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by borjoyzee » Apr Wed 27, 2005 11:04 pm

I am not sure about camera's I don't use them very often.

Umm Yeah sorry hehe
Love Tomorrowland and Adventureland, but hard to decide to which one is best.

Love RCT3

cruiseguy7011
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by cruiseguy7011 » Apr Thu 28, 2005 1:22 am

Have you narrowed your search down to any particulars? Just wanted to check yp on what's going on.
-Cruiseguy

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » Apr Thu 28, 2005 7:31 am

[quote="cruiseguy7011"]Have you narrowed your search down to any particulars? Just wanted to check yp on what's going on.
-Cruiseguy[/quote]

Cruiseguy - 1st of all, love your avatar! :D Second, still checking cameras out, but definately leaning towards a Canon. I was really hoping to get one single, good camera that would take good pics and a longer video card so I wouldn't have to carry the dang camcorder around - but it looks like that's a pie-in-the-sky dream. So, I am just focusing on a good camera that won't be outdated in 2 years. :mrgreen: Tnx for the checkup!

cruiseguy7011

Post by cruiseguy7011 » Apr Fri 29, 2005 7:12 pm

lovesdisney44 wrote:
cruiseguy7011 wrote:Have you narrowed your search down to any particulars? Just wanted to check yp on what's going on.
-Cruiseguy
Cruiseguy - 1st of all, love your avatar! :D Second, still checking cameras out, but definately leaning towards a Canon. I was really hoping to get one single, good camera that would take good pics and a longer video card so I wouldn't have to carry the dang camcorder around - but it looks like that's a pie-in-the-sky dream. So, I am just focusing on a good camera that won't be outdated in 2 years. :mrgreen: Tnx for the checkup!
Thanks Lovesdisney, Your hope for longer movies is not a far fetched dream, its just that you have to pick the right model. I was reading the specs on the new Canon S2 IS (a large zoom cam) and it does have unlimited movie length. The problem is that the cam is not out yet and it is fairly large. Also it will be hard to find a camera that is not outdated in 2 years. To be truthful, the main thing is that you are happy with the camera it takes good pics. Because as long as you are content with your current cam and don't feel the need to upgrade, there is no reason to. Good luck with you search.
-Cruiseguy

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » Apr Fri 29, 2005 9:57 pm

[quote="cruiseguy7011] Your hope for longer movies is not a far fetched dream, its just that you have to pick the right model. I was reading the specs on the new Canon S2 IS (a large zoom cam) and it does have unlimited movie length. The problem is that the cam is not out yet and it is fairly large. Also it will be hard to find a camera that is not outdated in 2 years. To be truthful, the main thing is that you are happy with the camera it takes good pics. Because as long as you are content with your current cam and don't feel the need to upgrade, there is no reason to. Good luck with you search.
-Cruiseguy[/quote]

I was looking at the Canon S2 and it looked pretty good, but bulky. I guess I was really just hoping to not have to lug a camera and a camcorder most of the time. It seems that I always get stuck carrying them around - not DH, DS, or DD - just MOM :roll:

cruiseguy7011

Post by cruiseguy7011 » Apr Sat 30, 2005 12:59 am

lovesdisney44 wrote:[quote="cruiseguy7011] Your hope for longer movies is not a far fetched dream, its just that you have to pick the right model. I was reading the specs on the new Canon S2 IS (a large zoom cam) and it does have unlimited movie length. The problem is that the cam is not out yet and it is fairly large. Also it will be hard to find a camera that is not outdated in 2 years. To be truthful, the main thing is that you are happy with the camera it takes good pics. Because as long as you are content with your current cam and don't feel the need to upgrade, there is no reason to. Good luck with you search.
-Cruiseguy
I was looking at the Canon S2 and it looked pretty good, but bulky. I guess I was really just hoping to not have to lug a camera and a camcorder most of the time. It seems that I always get stuck carrying them around - not DH, DS, or DD - just MOM :roll:[/quote]
I wouldn't reccomend a S2 for a beginner with a lack of storage space. Even though these cams are relatively light, they are bulky and are impossible to fit in a pocket and must be put in a large purse or a separate bag. Unless you need a cam now I would wait for further announcements from canon on the expected S80 or what ever the new s line is. Canon only has 2 lines that don't have relatively new upgrades. The S and G line and I expect they should be released before the summer. Just pay attention to the Dpreview news board and see if anything comes out.
-Cruiseguy
Yay, I'm a D ticket now. I can ride the peoplemover and the Disneyland Railroad. Only 450 left to Junior imagineer! :lol:

Fantasrick
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Sony

Post by Fantasrick » Jun Wed 15, 2005 1:59 pm

Sony has a 7.2 Megapixel cybershot camera that is pretty small and versatile, if you are willing to spend about 500 bucks, this is a good camera.