Happy April (Festival of) FOOLS Day!

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 02, 2010 8:35 am

Oh Mouskedude - that was awesome! You are lucky you had a principal with a sense of humor :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Fri 02, 2010 8:41 am

MmeLeota wrote:Mindflipper, I would have loved to see this Disneyland Eire you came up with! So creative!!!!
I wish I had kept it around. The only thing I think I have left is the MP3 file.

You know you're a WDW Nut when...

...even your April Fools Day prank has something to do with a disney themepark!

Hmmmmm, that should be in another thread. :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 02, 2010 8:50 am

I actually clicked on the DisneylandEire site but it came up as not found - I suppose that is because it is too old. Oh, and I must retract how gullible I thought my Mom was, she did not fall for Christmas of the Caribbean :( I myself, would have actually believed the whole thing if they hadn't included the part about shopping in the attractions.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Fri 02, 2010 10:49 am

Haaaaa! I love it M-dude!!! Nice way to get ice cream bars!

You made me remember......I was a Jr. in high school, and we had a history teacher, Mr. Bentley, he was awesome. Always a joker! Anyway, he sent a girl in our class down to the office to get something, don't remember. When she left he had the entire class hurry to the classroom next door, (some of the classrooms were connected by an inner door) it was empty. When she came back, no one was in the classroom. We could see her through the window, looking so confused......she walked back out, I guess to look for us, and he had us all hurry back to our desks, she came back into the classroom to find us all there. He joked with her for a while, asking her what took her so long etc...she said we weren't here, he told her we were there the entire time. Then he let her in on the joke. :D Probably was funnier when you're actually there. But, that's the best April Fools I can remember.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Fri 02, 2010 10:53 am

Babe that's a great one! I had a class in college that we would turn all the desk backwards before the prof got there. He would come in and just start the class like nothing was wrong. This is the same class that we all made BS deflectors (cardboard cut out around the ears) and sat through his class with them on.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Fri 02, 2010 10:55 am

Jacca5660 wrote:Babe that's a great one! I had a class in college that we would turn all the desk backwards before the prof got there. He would come in and just start the class like nothing was wrong. This is the same class that we all made BS deflectors (cardboard cut out around the ears) and sat through his class with them on.
:lol: Did you guys eventually turn back around?!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Fri 02, 2010 10:57 am

Not that day.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Fri 02, 2010 11:59 am

:lol: That's funny! And the teacher never paid any attention?

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Fri 02, 2010 12:06 pm

No he just went like nothing was different. I miss the 80's!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Apr Fri 02, 2010 1:39 pm

And that reminds me of another prank we pulled on Miss Nold. She had an old-fashioned wood desk where the drawers would slide in upside down if you wanted to. So we took all the drawers out, turned the desk upside down, put all the drawers back in, and then turned the desk right side up. Then we turned it around backwards and put everything on top the other way. When she walked in it looked normal, but when she sat down and tried to scoot her chair in, she hit the solid back. She was confused for a few seconds till she realized the desk was turned around, then she knew exactly who had done it. She laughed and told Paul and me to turn it back around the right way, which we did. We then helped her put all the stuff on top back around the right way. All this took a couple minutes, during which time mayhem ensued in the classroom. When we finished and she finally got the class quiet, she then sat down and opened a drawer........... :shock:
....... it took her a few more minutes to quiet down the roar of laughter that erupted when all her stuff went crashing to the floor.

Then she sat down again....... and..... opened...... another...... drawer.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Needless to say, not much of anything productive happened in class that day. Paul and I were fortunate that we were her favorites, because she was "less than pleased" with that one. We didn't play anymore pranks on her after that. :mrgreen:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Fri 02, 2010 1:41 pm

So, I see you were always responsible for mayhem M-dude, this started long ago, not just here on Subsonic. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 02, 2010 1:52 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Then she sat down again....... and..... opened...... another...... drawer.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Aha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! You and your friend truly lived a charmed life when you were in school!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Fri 02, 2010 2:07 pm

Boy did I get a hearty Firday laugh today!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: You guys are crazy!!!! All of you!!!!

I only wish I had one to share...unfortunately I was the nerdy/geeky/weird one in school (and to this day at least still the weird one)...my mayhemometer was at -10! After I graduated HS, I learned the meaning of mayhem, liked it, and started making it myself.

But I was never really good at pranks....

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Fri 02, 2010 3:35 pm

Dude!! That's classic!!!! Now if kids did what we did they'd charge them with something!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 02, 2010 3:36 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:Dude!! That's classic!!!! Now if kids did what we did they'd charge them with something!!
Ah yes, society has become sue-happy :(