Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Happy April (Festival of) FOOLS Day!

Post by NaCler » Apr Thu 01, 2010 6:08 am

Happy April Fools Day everyone.

Please post any pranks that were played on you today or any that you played on someone else. You can even post an all-time great from years past.

I will be driving to Jax Florida (my hometown) today, so I will miss most of the fun on the boards. Please keep me updated on what I miss and everybody please HAVE FUN TODAY!

:twisted:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Thu 01, 2010 8:21 am

Today you'll be in my neck of the woods, so to speak. Have a good time, NaCler!

Arete
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Arete » Apr Thu 01, 2010 8:33 am

I'm really active on deviantArt, and today they've decided to change everyone's avatars to either Team Jabob, Team Edward, Team Gaga, or Team Seeker. I ended up with Edward, alas. I want Gaga. The whining is enormous - I'm having a good laugh at people being so serious.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Thu 01, 2010 8:38 am

This happened in 1983, it's not a prank just strange. I was working for a beverage distributor company named Crownin in Ft Myers Fl. Crownin carried all the off brands at the time RC Cola and all of the imported beers. At the time there weren't any plastic bottles, everything was glass. When you came in, in the morning (About 4:30 AM) you had to pull you own orders and load your own truck.

I had built a pallet with 32 oz. RC bottles and was leaning over making sure the count was correct when one of the bottles exploded! It chained reacted and took 3 more bottles with it. They exploded right in my face! One of the managers had to rush me to the hospital to get glass out of my eyes. I had to sit in the car and hold my eye lids open so I didn't do any eye damage. After about 2 hours, I was fine no damage, there's a pray answered, I left the hospital and went back to start my day.

Since I didn't load my truck my self ( everybody pitched in and did it for me), I had to check and make sure I had the stock I needed. While checking my truck I feel off one of the short bays above the rear tires and broke my right elbow! The problem was no would believe me, it was April fools day! I had to drive myself to the hospital (about 8 miles through traffic, at 7:30 AM) in a 4 speed. Now you need to imagine the pain of shifting gears with a broken elbow. I made it to the hospital and found out I had broken the pivot head off of the radius at the right elbow.

I made some phone calls from the hospital to see if I could get someone to come get me. How am I gonna drive a 4 speed with a cast on my shifting arm? Nobody would believe me! Did I mention a was a real piratical joker at the time. My wife wouldn't even believe me. I had to drive from the hospital with a cast on my arm, don't even ask how I did, I don't even remember. All I do remember was it was a real challenge!

When I got home my wife would not believe it was a real cast. She kept checking it to find the "ZIPPER"! I ended up being in the cast for 7 weeks, it was a pretty good break. The owner of Crownin paid me my regular pay because of the way I was treated when I broke my arm and it took some of my friends 2 weeks to believe the cast was real! I stopped playing practical jokes after that!
Last edited by Jacca5660 on Apr Thu 01, 2010 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Apr Thu 01, 2010 8:41 am

mindflipper wrote:Today you'll be in my neck of the woods, so to speak. Have a good time, NaCler!
Thanks mindflipper... Visiting the family for the Easter weekend then back to Maryland on Monday, unfortunately. We'll have to make plans to get together sometime on one of my trips down there. I have family in the Southside area of Jax and some in St. Augustine Beach.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Thu 01, 2010 9:07 am

My favorite prank is when I sent a fake Reuters news report to my friends that Disney had announced plans to open a theme-park in Ireland called "Disneyland Eire". I had used concept artwork for DisneySea and DLP attractions to create a fake theme park. I took the Baroque Hoedown section of DLR's failed Light Magic and included it as a MP3, making the new version of Disneyland Eire's Main Street Electrical Parade, a cross between "the Lord of the Dance meets Disney's Electrical Parade". Instead of the Haunted Mansion there was the Haunted Keep, in which fair Irish girl was terrorized by a nasty Scottish bagpiper (used an image of the bagpiper from the haunted mansion) based on the storyline of DLP's Phantom Manor. There was even an attraction based on the great potato famine which lead to a large emigration to the United States.

Most of my friends, who don't really keep up with Disney, freaked out that Disney would do such a stupid thing but found it believeable because of all the bad press DCA was getting in the news at that time. :roll: :wink:

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Apr Thu 01, 2010 9:15 am

mindflipper - man, you go all out for your pranks, don't you? I LOVE it.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Thu 01, 2010 9:24 am

I really wished back then I could have known someone who could have created a www.disneylandeire.com website for me. Two of my friends - a husband and wife - separately pent an hour each surfing the web to find out more. It would have made the prank so much more fun if they could have found a www.disneylandeire.com website to confirm it for them! :wink:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Thu 01, 2010 10:33 am

OUCH Jacca!!!! That sounds like an April Fool's Day you'd like to forget. Glad you're o.k.

Happy April Fool's everyone!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Thu 01, 2010 11:03 am

Oh man Jacca!!! Yeah, that would stop me from playing practical jokes too...

Mindflipper, I would have loved to see this Disneyland Eire you came up with! So creative!!!!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Apr Thu 01, 2010 4:32 pm

I used to always be the ones to get the pranks played on. I was never good enough to play my own pranks.

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Apr Thu 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Years ago in Boston, two local morning DJs reported (jokingly as an April Fools joke) that the mayor of the city was dead. The mayor wasn't pleased and neither was the radio station. The two were fired. They were later syndicated and became fairly famous nationally. Opie and Anthony.

But my favorite of all time was the Sports Illustrated article in 1985 by George Plimpton about a fictional pitcher, Sidd Finch who could throw a baseball over 130 MPH. If you took the first letter of each word in the sentence under the headline is spells "Happy April Fools Day".

Here's the article:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/ ... /index.htm

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Fri 02, 2010 12:13 am

Very boring year for me since I had a quiz this morning and really never had the chance to prank anybody that well.

My lab TA attempted to prank us by saying our in class assignment was to be 5-6 pages long and we had 20 minutes to do it. Of course we were able to see his bluff right away.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Apr Fri 02, 2010 7:37 am

My favorite prank was in 8th grade. I and my friend Paul were notorious for practical jokes, and we loved to play them on our favorite teacher, Miss Nold (because every guy in the class was madly in love with her, of course...). I had the ability to mimic the sound of the old P.A. system in the school by cupping my hands over my mouth and speaking a certain way, and if I sat in the back of the room where the P.A. box was, you literally could not tell the difference from the front of the room. So one day Paul and I schemed up a plan: about five minutes into class (the first class after the lunch break), I was sitting in the back, and did my perfect P.A. impression: "Miss Nold..."
"Yes?" she called out, thinking it was the office calling.
I said, "please come to the office and get the ice cream bars for your class"
And Paul then started cheering: "all right! We won! We won!"
So Miss Nold was like, "what?!" And then I said (in my real voice), "there was a contest in the lunch room, and the quietest class would win ice cream bars. We won!"
So Miss Nold says, "ok, I guess I'll go get them." And she left to go down to the office. As soon as she was gone, Paul and I rounded everyone up and took the whole class to hide in the gym. When Miss Nold got to the office, they looked at her like she was crazy. She knew she had been punked! The principal happened to be standing there, so he went with her back to the class, and it was completely empty, of course. They looked all over the school for us, and finally found us all in the gym, sitting quiet as church mice on the bleachers, all in nice neat rows like a group of soldiers sitting at attention. The principal started laughing. He thought the whole thing was so funny that.....

....... here it comes.....

...... wait for it.........

.......WAIT FOR IT..........

........he went to the store and BOUGHT US ALL ICE CREAM BARS!!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Fri 02, 2010 7:43 am

Dude!! Now that was good!! I went to Catholic schools, we would have all been sent to the schoolyard and been beat to death, of course, in the name of the LORD, Bless our hearths! The penguins would not have gotten any humor out of that!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage