I Hate Moving - Help Send Some Disney Love to Jacca's Family

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Sat 03, 2010 10:16 am

Well here's the finale count on what it took us to move. It only took 31 trips in the car, 4 trips in friend's van, 1 large moving truck, and 4 trips in a Uhaul! The financial cost about 3K. Now we have a billion boxes to get out of!! I feel like I've been hit by a whole bunch of trucks!! OY!!

The emotional part is so much harder to take a count of. I'm going through almost withdrawal like symptoms, it like a general self loathing. It's a feeling of, how can I be turning 50 and starting over again, am I that much of a loser at this point in my life. When you buy a home you don't expect to ever have to move again!

Now my DW is going through a full blown grieving process. As we were loading the last few things Weds. night she was belly sobbing. I've only seen her cry like that when our mom's died. She was walking around that house say goodbye to rooms, doors and windows. As we are starting the slow process of digging out of the boxes and setting this house up, she starts to cry all over again.

Let me show y'all some pictures of what we loss.:

It's looks like a fairytale cottage straight out of a Disney story!

Y'all also have to understand that I've got to be the cheerleader, so DAD has to be the positive face on all this. It's also straining our relationship, I'm the person my DW can blame. There has to be someone with a face she can get angry at. I mean, I understand it, who else is there? Can my DW go to Washington or Wall Street or where ever else there are banking headquarters and start screaming at some faceless bureaucrat, or bank CEO? So beyond everything else I also have to be strong enough to be here for her to take it out on. I think when this is all said and done, after a year or so, I'm gonna give myself the time to have a short nervous breakdown. Ah, who am I kidding, I have to much to do for that luxury!
Last edited by Jacca5660 on Apr Sat 03, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Sat 03, 2010 10:22 am

Your house truly did look like a Disney cottage, but like your son said, it is the family that makes the home. Your DW will start healing and will hopefully be gentle while "taking it out" on you. Deep down she knows it isn't your fault. Continue to use us as your sounding board, I'm fairly confident I speak for many when I say we're happy to listen and not judge. If you want to, post pictures of the new abode, apartment, back of the van :wink: and we can find things to love about your new place too! One plus I can guess all ready is that there isn't any more snow?!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Sat 03, 2010 1:19 pm

I'm so sorry Jacca. And you are NOT a loser, I don't want to ever hear you say that again. I know it does not ease your pain, but there are so many people starting over at a later stage in their lives, due to the economy. My parent's were hit pretty hard. Things are not what they thought they would be. Just stay strong for your family! In the end, you will all be stronger and closer. You're house was beautiful, hold on to those memories and as time eases the hurt a little, you can start new memories. Home is where the heart is. We're here for you though!!! Better times are ahead, I promise!

withspirit
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by withspirit » Apr Sat 03, 2010 5:17 pm

Jacca,

As one who was "downsized" just to give an out-going CEO a bonus - TWICE!, I do feel for you. I still get angry when I think about this for more than a few minutes. May your road get easier, and may the sun shine gently on you.

We are here if you need us.
No really, see? It's a screwdriver and it's... sonic
The Doctor

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Apr Mon 05, 2010 1:48 am

Don't blame yourself Jacca, blame the governments,the banks, what the heck blame me if you feel like it I have slippy shoulders I can take it.

Hold on in there everything will get better in time.

Akyriel
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by Akyriel » Apr Mon 05, 2010 9:16 am

withspirit wrote:
Akyriel wrote:Gosh I'm heartbroken at the idea of anyone losing their home.

We need to send a Disney care package to Jacca and his family :)
I'll be at DL in May/June and can send him some snackies/trinkets and such... anyone going to WDW or living in Orlando care to contribute?
Count me in Akyreil, DW and I will be there late May/early June. :D
Thanks withspirit... the more the merrier... we'll inundate them with disney goodness :)

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Apr Mon 05, 2010 10:57 am

boilerbabe wrote:I'm so sorry Jacca. And you are NOT a loser, I don't want to ever hear you say that again. I know it does not ease your pain, but there are so many people starting over at a later stage in their lives, due to the economy.... Just stay strong for your family! In the end, you will all be stronger and closer. You're house was beautiful, hold on to those memories and as time eases the hurt a little, you can start new memories. Home is where the heart is. We're here for you though!!! Better times are ahead, I promise!
Ditto on all that from me, too! I've lost everything and been practically homeless before (twice, actually), so I know what you're going through. You can take it, bro, and you'll get through it. How do I know? Because you're so darn ornery, that's why! :mrgreen:

Mouseoholic and I are in the process of putting a little "housewarming" care package together for you. We'll be sending it later this week.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Mon 05, 2010 11:31 am

boilerbabe wrote:I'm so sorry Jacca. And you are NOT a loser, I don't want to ever hear you say that again. I know it does not ease your pain, but there are so many people starting over at a later stage in their lives, due to the economy. My parent's were hit pretty hard. Things are not what they thought they would be. Just stay strong for your family! In the end, you will all be stronger and closer. You're house was beautiful, hold on to those memories and as time eases the hurt a little, you can start new memories. Home is where the heart is. We're here for you though!!! Better times are ahead, I promise!
Boilerbabe said it best!!!! Jacca, you are in no way a loser! Unfortunately, this is happening all over. There is not one family that I know of (personally, that is) that hasn't been affected in one way or another by this economic crisis. You guys will get through this difficult time. Your Subsonic family is here for ya buddy! :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Mon 05, 2010 11:41 am

I love the house from the pics, Jacca5660, so I can see why your DW is so attached to it! But just looking at those photos makes me want to turn on the heater - Brrrrrrr. Good luck with the move. I've been in my current home 15+ years and I'm still digging through the boxes from that move. Every so often I will discover lost old photos I didn't know I had.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Mon 05, 2010 12:04 pm

Thank you everyone!! You don't know how much it helps my cope with this. I have some place I can vent and still be strong for my family! Y'all are making me teary eyed!! THANK YOU!!

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Apr Mon 05, 2010 12:58 pm

Jacca, hang in there. I know it is hard. There are no losers in Disney! =) Keep your spirits up. Think positive thoughts and you can accomplish your dreams. Right now it may not seem like the best of advice but this country was founded on someone’s dreams.
We have my DH's Brother-in-law living with us because he too has found himself in difficult circumstances. He owned his own business and was very successful. He has had to move from Oregon to Houston, Texas in search of work. Everyone has been affected by the economy in one way or another. The important things in life are not those things that money can buy but those intangible things like God, Love & Family. Times like this can bring everyone closer together. I remember working at 18 and over ½ of my wages going to my parents to make ends meet. It was hard but it did bring our families closer together. We will keep you in our prayers. I am sure that in the end things will all work out.

On a brighter note we have a care package we are preparing so send you! I had something set aside for just such an occasion! Mousekedude will get it in the mail on Wednesday!

We are here for you!
Mouseoholic!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Mon 05, 2010 1:28 pm

Mouseoholic wrote:Jacca, hang in there. I know it is hard. There are no losers in Disney! =) Keep your spirits up. Think positive thoughts and you can accomplish your dreams. Right now it may not seem like the best of advice but this country was founded on someone’s dreams.
We have my DH's Brother-in-law living with us because he too has found himself in difficult circumstances. He owned his own business and was very successful. He has had to move from Oregon to Houston, Texas in search of work. Everyone has been affected by the economy in one way or another. The important things in life are not those things that money can buy but those intangible things like God, Love & Family. Times like this can bring everyone closer together. I remember working at 18 and over ½ of my wages going to my parents to make ends meet. It was hard but it did bring our families closer together. We will keep you in our prayers. I am sure that in the end things will all work out.

On a brighter note we have a care package we are preparing so send you! I had something set aside for just such an occasion! Mousekedude will get it in the mail on Wednesday!

We are here for you!
Mouseoholic!
Thank you! I know GOD would not put something in my path that he didn't think I could overcome!!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Apr Wed 07, 2010 12:38 pm

Check out your P.M's bro.
:mrgreen:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Wed 07, 2010 12:54 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Check out your P.M's bro.
:mrgreen:
You are just to COOOOOL!!!!!!!!!ImageImageImage

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Fri 09, 2010 5:20 pm

We came home today from grocery shopping, as my DW says, "the wrong way"! We have moved a few miles, but still shop in our home territory. It's still a traumatic thing to do for us, we have to drive real close to our home.

Upon pulling in the drive way and getting to our "NEW" house (it's gonna take time) there was a package waiting fro us. Mouseoholic and Mousekedude sent a care package! It was the most amazing thing, for all the hurt we've been feeling, there was this SUPER NOVA of joy sitting on our back door.

It's amazing what something like that will do to raise you spirits! It not only shows you, THAT HEY!, maybe some one thinks you are worth enough to take the time and expense to care, but you have friends. You don't have to be embarrassed because of your situation! The LORD puts people in your path to help you through life's tragedies!!

WE THANK YOU TWO and most of all THANK GOD for making Y'all who you are!

Thank you!

JACCA