I Hate Moving - Help Send Some Disney Love to Jacca's Family

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Sun 28, 2010 9:41 pm

You want to talk proud for a parent. It's are last night in this home and we were eating dinner, you know, lamenting over it's the last night in our home. My DW was teary eyed and I was holding them back also. My 16 year old DS looks ups and says.."This isn't home, this is just a house. Home is were we are and we are together, so home is where we live." All this time I didn't think they were really listening!

I'm think mom and dad are taking this the hardest. Kids are resilient and just roll with it. I think it's the old people that need help!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 29, 2010 7:22 am

Jacca5660 wrote:You want to talk proud for a parent. It's are last night in this home and we were eating dinner, you know, lamenting over it's the last night in our home. My DW was teary eyed and I was holding them back also. My 16 year old DS looks ups and says.."This isn't home, this is just a house. Home is were we are and we are together, so home is where we live." All this time I didn't think they were really listening!

I'm think mom and dad are taking this the hardest. Kids are resilient and just roll with it. I think it's the old people that need help!
Well, if you weren't teary before your son said that, I bet you would have been after he said it! It should make you feel good that your kids understand the importance of family. Hang in there!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Mon 29, 2010 12:52 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:You want to talk proud for a parent. It's are last night in this home and we were eating dinner, you know, lamenting over it's the last night in our home. My DW was teary eyed and I was holding them back also. My 16 year old DS looks ups and says.."This isn't home, this is just a house. Home is were we are and we are together, so home is where we live." All this time I didn't think they were really listening!

Wow! That made me teary-eyed...
You guys will get through this diffcult time...where God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window!

Prayers and pixie dust are headed your way my friend!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Mon 29, 2010 7:06 pm

Thank you!! We are in the middle of the move. I'll tell y'all about it later!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Mar Mon 29, 2010 9:39 pm

Wow, now I'm all teary and choked up. Words of wisdom from your DS, that's gotta make you feel good. Of course you will miss your home, but your DS is right, home is where the family is! But, I know this is not an easy time for you. Big hugs!!!!

Mamabaminjamin
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Mamabaminjamin » Mar Tue 30, 2010 12:21 pm

Smooth Moving wishes. Keep you chin up....My Daughter told me today "If you are at teh bottom of a hole(I'm buried at work) Take your shoes off so you don't squish the worms!"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Thu 01, 2010 2:51 pm

Well it's April fools day and we made our dead line!!! We moved with all our stuff and did it on time! After 18 years in our home, it's amazing we did it!

First of all I've learn a couple of things. You can't believe some of the absolute BS you will buy on vacation. Your kids don't need as much as you want to give them (I took presents we gave them for Christmas, Birthdays, and just because, to GOODWILL.). I found present UN-OPENED!! Yea, things from like when there were 6, never taken out of the package!! Clothing if they grow out of it, GIVE IT AWAY!! There is no reason on GODS green acres to keep clothing that is to small. There are to many people going without. If it's just being stored, PLEASE GIVE IT TO GOODWILL! They can do good with it and help someone.

Another thing, every once in awhile check where you store stuff. I am now sure we all have things in our homes we just didn't give away. You know, like those other sets of plates that haven't seen the light of day for well over 10 years. As I asked my DW, "How many sets of Christmas plates and glasses do we need?

I just can't believe how much C*R*A*P we have collected over the years. Hey it's not just my DW. How come I found every cordless drill I've ever bought in our basement. Do I really need 2 Dewalt 12 volt cordless drills that I don't use?

I'm gonna post more later. I don't want to make this to long where know body reads it! I do want to thank everybody for giving me an outlet. I'm the Head Cheerleader here, they call me DAD!!Image

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Fri 02, 2010 10:52 am

Nice to hear from you Jacca, been thinking and praying for you and your family!

I know what you mean about moving.....I lived in my townhome for close to 4 years, and when DH and moved to our current home a year and half ago, I could not believe how much C*R*A*P I accumulated in that short amount of time. We always give to Goodwill. Lesson learned, in our new home, we don't keep as much "Stuff". When I buy something I say to myself now, do I really need this or do I just want this?! Helps!

Keep us posted Jacca!!!! We're all here for you! 8-)

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Fri 02, 2010 10:56 am

boilerbabe wrote:Nice to hear from you Jacca, been thinking and praying for you and your family!

I know what you mean about moving.....I lived in my townhome for close to 4 years, and when DH and moved to our current home a year and half ago, I could not believe how much C*R*A*P I accumulated in that short amount of time. We always give to Goodwill. Lesson learned, in our new home, we don't keep as much "Stuff". When I buy something I say to myself now, do I really need this or do I just want this?! Helps!

Keep us posted Jacca!!!! We're all here for you! 8-)
Thank you BABE!! You've always have been there!! You are a BLESSING!!

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Apr Fri 02, 2010 11:00 am

Since Jan 2000 I have moved a total of 5 times (and I am not in the military!) and I have down sized sooooo much over the years (since my divorce in 1995) went from a 2800 sq ft home to a 2bd apt, now that was some down sizing and plenty of donating! I don't know of anyone who "likes" moving, unless they are a moving company :lol: and not sure they even like it :D my son recently moved up here to live with me in my tiny 1bd 1 bath apt and the Salvation Army was very to happy to see me and my SUV of donations. We are such a consumerist (is that even a word :?: ) nation, it's a shame how much ends up in landfills that is perfectly good and could honestly be used by someone. Anywhoooooo, if I ever move again, please let the movers do it while I supervise from the lawn chair with my glass of iced tea :wave:
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Fri 02, 2010 11:29 am

disneydreamer58 wrote:Since Jan 2000 I have moved a total of 5 times (and I am not in the military!) and I have down sized sooooo much over the years (since my divorce in 1995) went from a 2800 sq ft home to a 2bd apt, now that was some down sizing and plenty of donating! I don't know of anyone who "likes" moving, unless they are a moving company :lol: and not sure they even like it :D my son recently moved up here to live with me in my tiny 1bd 1 bath apt and the Salvation Army was very to happy to see me and my SUV of donations. We are such a consumerist (is that even a word :?: ) nation, it's a shame how much ends up in landfills that is perfectly good and could honestly be used by someone. Anywhoooooo, if I ever move again, please let the movers do it while I supervise from the lawn chair with my glass of iced tea :wave:
WOW!! That's a lot of moving! I hope you're doing much better!!

It a sin that so much goes in the trash when try are so many without. This has taught me to question every purchase. I'm going to start judging if something is a want or a need. My criteria is, can I go a week without it? If I can then it's a want.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Apr Fri 02, 2010 12:10 pm

I am doing great, moved where the jobs took me :) so it wasn't all bad! Regret that from 2000-2002 when I was in Palm Springs, CA that I didn't make it to DL more than the ONE time that I did :evil: what was I thinking!! I have been outside Boston now for over 8 yrs, so most of that moving was done from 2000-2002, now that was NOT fun! Yuckie Poo!!

Good luck with your new move and look at it as a new fresh start. I know when my son and I moved out of our house in 1995, that was the only home he knew from age 8-16 but he adapted fine, I was more nostalgic than he was. Now at 30 it's not even a thought for him. Y'all will be fine, roll with the flow and expect only good and it shall be!
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Apr Fri 02, 2010 1:25 pm

Exactly right. And think of all the new friends and neighbors you can meet in your new area. Sometimes we don't appreciate what a blessing a fresh start can be. But you have to choose to see it that way, and be positive. I'm sure you'll all be fine, Jacca. And remember: we're all here for you, no matter where you are.
:mrgreen:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Fri 02, 2010 3:32 pm

Thank you!! :oops: '+>

withspirit
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by withspirit » Apr Fri 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Akyriel wrote:Gosh I'm heartbroken at the idea of anyone losing their home.

We need to send a Disney care package to Jacca and his family :)
I'll be at DL in May/June and can send him some snackies/trinkets and such... anyone going to WDW or living in Orlando care to contribute?
Count me in Akyreil, DW and I will be there late May/early June. :D
No really, see? It's a screwdriver and it's... sonic
The Doctor