Time for lemonade and cracker jack....

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Akyriel
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Time for lemonade and cracker jack....

Post by Akyriel » Mar Mon 15, 2010 1:07 pm

WOW this has been a long, brutal winter... I am soooo ready for Spring and Summer at the Parks....

Arete
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Arete » Mar Mon 15, 2010 2:45 pm

I wish I could eat cracker jack. *grumblemumbleallergies*

I've always preferred winter at the parks myself. The heat is more than I care to bear. <.<

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Fri 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Arete wrote:I wish I could eat cracker jack. *grumblemumbleallergies*

I've always preferred winter at the parks myself. The heat is more than I care to bear. <.<
Allergic to peanuts?

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Apr Fri 30, 2010 1:30 pm

Arete wrote:I've always preferred winter at the parks myself. The heat is more than I care to bear. <.<
It's not the heat here in Florida. It's the _______ humidity!!! I'll take winter over spring, summer and fall any day.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Fri 30, 2010 1:46 pm

I LOVE summer!! You can keep winter! I miss Ft Myers so much during the winter!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Fri 30, 2010 1:47 pm

Aye, MadEye, it's the humidity more than heat! (Although I'm sure MmeLeota can tell you that the "dry heat" of Nevada sucks as bad as the humid heat of Florida). So you think of it as __________ humidity? I personally think it should be <BEEP>, <BEEP> humidity!!! :wink:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Fri 30, 2010 1:53 pm

mindflipper wrote:Aye, MadEye, it's the humidity more than heat! (Although I'm sure MmeLeota can tell you that the "dry heat" of Nevada sucks as bad as the humid heat of Florida). So you think of it as __________ humidity? I personally think it should be <BEEP>, <BEEP> humidity!!! :wink:
Aye mindflipper, you are correct! Then what's worse is what we all call the "blow dryer" effect when we get the hot winds that blow through...ugh! We have times during the "monsoon" season where it's triple digits and 40%-50% humidity (and no rain to speak of...of course it's higher when a storm rolls through)...which doesn't sound that bad to those in FL, but it's crap!

However, as much as I hate it, I'll take the dry over humid any day! It's all about the humidity!!!!! Beep, Beep Humidity is right!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Fri 30, 2010 1:55 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Aye, MadEye, it's the humidity more than heat! (Although I'm sure MmeLeota can tell you that the "dry heat" of Nevada sucks as bad as the humid heat of Florida). So you think of it as __________ humidity? I personally think it should be <BEEP>, <BEEP> humidity!!! :wink:
Aye mindflipper, you are correct! Then what's worse is what we all call the "blow dryer" effect when we get the hot winds that blow through...ugh! We have times during the "monsoon" season where it's triple digits and 40% humidity...which doesn't sound that bad to those in FL, but it's crap!

However, as much as I hate it, I'll take the dry over humid any day! It's all about the humidity!!!!! Beep, Beep Humidity is right!
In the rainy season in Florida you'll get 100 degrees and 100 % humidity at 1am. Still love it. Y'all can keep the cold!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Fri 30, 2010 2:00 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:
Aye mindflipper, you are correct! Then what's worse is what we all call the "blow dryer" effect when we get the hot winds that blow through...ugh! We have times during the "monsoon" season where it's triple digits and 40% humidity...which doesn't sound that bad to those in FL, but it's crap!

In the rainy season in Florida you'll get 100 degrees and 100 % humidity at 1am. Still love it. Y'all can keep the cold!
Oh yes...I believe it. It can be 3am and still over 100 degrees. Our lows in the morning are mid to upper 90s.
The older I get the more I hate the heat, but I hate the cold too...definitely no snow though! (you can always layer to warm up...you can only go so far to cool off though ;) )

So I guess I'm stuck here for a while since I can't afford to move to San Diego. :roll:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Fri 30, 2010 2:08 pm

Ahhhhhhhh, San Diego - one of my dream spots (and close to Disneyland too) :mickey: :wink:

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Apr Fri 30, 2010 2:14 pm

MmeLeota wrote:However, as much as I hate it, I'll take the dry over humid any day! It's all about the humidity!!!!! Beep, Beep Humidity is right!
I'll take anything over humidity, thank you very much!
Jacca5660 wrote:In the rainy season in Florida you'll get 100 degrees and 100 % humidity at 1am. Still love it.
Especially when it rains for 5 - 20 minutes and then the sun comes out and heats the wet pavement. No matter where you are, it'll feel like a sauna on top of having the sun beat down on you.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Fri 30, 2010 2:24 pm

MadEye wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:In the rainy season in Florida you'll get 100 degrees and 100 % humidity at 1am. Still love it.
Especially when it rains for 5 - 20 minutes and then the sun comes out and heats the wet pavement. No matter where you are, it'll feel like a sauna on top of having the sun beat down on you.
Yep...I know that feeling too

But it's waaaaayyy worse in FL...you can never get dry! Even inside with the A/C...and then it's too cold. :roll:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Fri 30, 2010 2:37 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
MadEye wrote:
Yep...I know that feeling too

But it's waaaaayyy worse in FL...you can never get dry! Even inside with the A/C...and then it's too cold. :roll:
OLD PEOPLE! OY!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Fri 30, 2010 2:57 pm

MmeLeota wrote:you can always layer to warm up...you can only go so far to cool off though ;)
One my more common laments ~
I also have to give the thumbs down to the Florida humidity. I was in Australia and the temperature was pushing 116 degrees and it was still waaaaaay more comfortable than Florida in the summer...and spring...and fall...and some of the winter :roll:

Arete

Post by Arete » Apr Fri 30, 2010 6:08 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
Arete wrote:I wish I could eat cracker jack. *grumblemumbleallergies*

Allergic to peanuts?

I'm actually allergic to corn. It's quite annoying, but I'm liking this new anti-corn syrup movement. A lot of foods are becoming available to me again, like ketchup. I recently found Faygo with cane sugar and did a little happy dance in the grocery store. :D

And as for heat vs. humidity - I loathe them both. It's something like 83 here today in Ohio, and for me, that's too hot, especially for April 30th. Spending any time outside in 90+ weather with or without humidity is very hard on me.