Basaeball Smack Talk

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Basaeball Smack Talk

Post by NaCler » Jun Wed 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Jacca - Yeah, I can't make fun of my guys too much so far this year. A recent 8 game hot streak and an amazing come from behind win last night against the M's (5-1, bottom of 9th with 2 outs and won 6-5!) Who are these young guys???

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Wed 22, 2011 4:53 pm

NaCler wrote:Jacca - Yeah, I can't make fun of my guys too much so far this year. A recent 8 game hot streak and an amazing come from behind win last night against the M's (5-1, bottom of 9th with 2 outs and won 6-5!) Who are these young guys???
Great coaching and management also!! I hate to say it, but they learned at lot from the Braves!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Thu 23, 2011 3:10 pm

WHOO HOO!!! 3 game sweep of the M's! 2 of them walk-offs. Let's go boys!

Bring on B-Dude's White Sox!!!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Thu 23, 2011 3:40 pm

NaCler wrote:WHOO HOO!!! 3 game sweep of the M's! 2 of them walk-offs. Let's go boys!

Bring on B-Dude's White Sox!!!
Good! Push the M's farther back in the division! Now my boys have got to step it up!!! And we're headed back to L.A. for a Freeway Series...

EDIT: NaCler! I just heard about Riggleman stepping down!!! What the heck?

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Fri 24, 2011 5:56 am

MmeLeota - Yeah, HUGE shocker here. Apparently he wasn't happy with not being picked up for next season yet. At first I was upset with the team for not ponying up, as he is the lowest paid manager in MLB. However, it's just like players who are unhappy with their contracts so they re-sign for more money even though they have time left on their contracts. He knew what he signed, he needed to coach the rest of the season, then complain about not having a long term deal at the end of the season. If he cared about the team at all, he wouldn't have done it right now, which is arguably the greatest time to be a NATS fan since they moved here.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Fri 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Yea it is shocking!! Now from what I'm reading and hearing the Nats are trying to get Davy Johnson. I'm not sure about the match and if he would come in for just the rest of the season. It's a shame the Nats are a really up and coming team. I'd love to see them get somebody long term who can guide all their young talent! This can and will be a championship quality team with the right guidance.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Fri 24, 2011 12:56 pm

Yeah, when I read more on the situation, I started thinking it was a pretty childish way for him to handle it. Like you said NaCler, when he signed he knew what he was doing. Don't have a hissy fit 3 weeks from the all-star break just becuase you're upset about not getting offered an extension. You signed on for a job. Finish that job first...if you did well, then you might get offered an extension. If not, bye-bye. Wait til the off season to throw a fit.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Fri 24, 2011 1:21 pm

Nicely put MmeLeota! I think the franchise has been burned too many times before. We may be on a hot streak now, but judging from the past, a long losing streak could hit at any minute. Especially playing B-Dude's Chisox and your A boys in back-to-back series! If that would have happened, I don't think they would have asked him back next year. Especially since he's been pretty mediocre as a skipper the past 10 years.

Jacca - Were those compliments regarding the NATS coming from your keyboard??? What next, are you gonna praise VM's???? :lol:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Fri 24, 2011 1:27 pm

NaCler wrote:Nicely put MmeLeota! I think the franchise has been burned too many times before. We may be on a hot streak now, but judging from the past, a long losing streak could hit at any minute. Especially playing B-Dude's Chisox and your A boys in back-to-back series! If that would have happened, I don't think they would have asked him back next year. Especially since he's been pretty mediocre as a skipper the past 10 years.

Jacca - Were those compliments regarding the NATS coming from your keyboard??? What next, are you gonna praise VM's???? :lol:
Nats GOOD!!

VMS BANE OF MY EXISTENCE!!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Fri 24, 2011 1:30 pm

NaCler wrote:Nicely put MmeLeota! I think the franchise has been burned too many times before. We may be on a hot streak now, but judging from the past, a long losing streak could hit at any minute. Especially playing B-Dude's Chisox and your A boys in back-to-back series! If that would have happened, I don't think they would have asked him back next year. Especially since he's been pretty mediocre as a skipper the past 10 years.

Thanks. It's just common (or these days not-so-common) sense to me. Anyhow, good luck against the Chisox. You may or may not have anything to worry about against us. We'll see what happens with the Dodgers first... :?

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Jun Sat 25, 2011 7:40 am

Jacca5660 wrote:
kcarts wrote:Heading to Pittsburgh this weekend to catch the Sox and then following them to Philly. Should be a fun week. Also going to head down to Baltimore for a Cards/O's game on Tuesday.
Your picture, your avatar!! That caused a riot!!!

...and a week long celebration 3000 miles east of the riots.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Sat 25, 2011 9:54 am

3 blown saves in 1 game and we still won by 4 runs! Nice job NATS!!!

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Jun Tue 28, 2011 9:32 am

Nice win for the Halos last night, MmeLeota. We had NO business even being in that game. What did you guys have, like 16 singles??? Sheesh...

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jun Tue 28, 2011 11:49 am

I didn't realize that Davy Johnson had such a long history with the team. I mean it seems like he was one of the main builders of this current team. He has to be the best match for the Nats!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Tue 28, 2011 1:06 pm

NaCler wrote:Nice win for the Halos last night, MmeLeota. We had NO business even being in that game. What did you guys have, like 16 singles??? Sheesh...
Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch... :( But we only won by one and it was in extra innings (bonus baseball as my friend calls it ;) ) so that tells me I missed a really good game. (but sometimes they go too long) I'm hoping to watch tonight...

At least it wasn't like the Dodger/Twins game!!! Dodgers shutout the Twins 15-0!!!! :shock:
(sorry Twins fans... :? )