Basaeball Smack Talk

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Basaeball Smack Talk

Post by Len90 » Mar Thu 08, 2012 10:36 am

Ahh yes the start of baseball season! Always a great time to be a Mets fan. I just wish our season didn't end so soon. I predict early May at best :D
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Sun 11, 2012 11:40 am

Are the Mets mathematically out of the playoffs yet??
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

SorcererDonald16
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by SorcererDonald16 » Mar Sun 18, 2012 5:55 am

As a long suffering Braves fan, and someone who finally had the chance to attend the playoffs last year, got great tickets, only to see them implode on TV while I was still at home, I fully expect them to rip my heart out of my chest and tap dance all over it again this year.

Save for chucking Derek Lowe, I do not think we did nearly enough to improve the team. But such is life with cruddy ownership.

Things look like they might be turning around a little bit for us now, but this ST has been even worse so far than pessimist me predicted.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Mar Sun 18, 2012 10:26 am

SorcererDonald16 wrote:As a long suffering Braves fan, and someone who finally had the chance to attend the playoffs last year, got great tickets, only to see them implode on TV while I was still at home, I fully expect them to rip my heart out of my chest and tap dance all over it again this year.

Save for chucking Derek Lowe, I do not think we did nearly enough to improve the team. But such is life with cruddy ownership.

Things look like they might be turning around a little bit for us now, but this ST has been even worse so far than pessimist me predicted.
The only real moves the Braves made where internally. I am also a long suffering Braves fan and I to fully expect something to derail them...IT'S TRADITION!!

SorcererDonald16
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by SorcererDonald16 » Mar Thu 29, 2012 5:59 am

Jacca5660 wrote:
SorcererDonald16 wrote:As a long suffering Braves fan, and someone who finally had the chance to attend the playoffs last year, got great tickets, only to see them implode on TV while I was still at home, I fully expect them to rip my heart out of my chest and tap dance all over it again this year.

The only real moves the Braves made where internally. I am also a long suffering Braves fan and I to fully expect something to derail them...IT'S TRADITION!!
Indeed.

What do you think about Chipper retiring? Not unexpected, but when I was told about it, I felt like someone took all the wind out of my sails. He's the last one standing of the teams I loved so much growing up in the 90s, and one of my 3 all-time favorite players (Javy and Smoltz are the other two). So depressing. :cry:

jmenjes
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by jmenjes » Mar Sat 31, 2012 11:36 pm

Four days until our first official game in the new ballpark for the Miami Marlins.

Digging the aquariums behind home plate.
11/12 - All Star Sports (1 night), free upgrade to AKL Jambo House (4 nights)
2/12, 10/11, 4/11, 4/09, 4/08, 4/07 - Pop Century
4/06, 4/05 - All Star Sports
00 - Offsite
11/99 - Fort Wilderness
Before 99 - Lost count along the way

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Sun 01, 2012 9:05 am

SorcererDonald16 wrote:
Jacca5660 wrote:

Indeed.

What do you think about Chipper retiring? Not unexpected, but when I was told about it, I felt like someone took all the wind out of my sails. He's the last one standing of the teams I loved so much growing up in the 90s, and one of my 3 all-time favorite players (Javy and Smoltz are the other two). So depressing. :cry:
Yea with Chipper's retirement he the last of a great era. Like anything else, change is reality!! I'm looking forward to this up coming season!! This should be fun!!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Apr Sun 01, 2012 9:25 pm

jmenjes wrote:Four days until our first official game in the new ballpark for the Miami Marlins.

Are the aquariums there for the Marlins fans to enjoy after the second inning once the game is practically over? :) Sorry, just had to take a shot at my fellow sub Marlins fans. We have quite a few...

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Mon 02, 2012 1:09 pm

NaCler wrote:
jmenjes wrote:Four days until our first official game in the new ballpark for the Miami Marlins.

Are the aquariums there for the Marlins fans to enjoy after the second inning once the game is practically over? :) Sorry, just had to take a shot at my fellow sub Marlins fans. We have quite a few...
They should have built the new Met's stadium in Coney Island next to the New York Aquarium!! The could have built it to the left side of the Aquarium. In order from left to right it would have been the stadium, the aquarium, and the Cyclone. This way the Mets could have sold a three venue ticket with the New York Aquarium and Cyclone; practically ensured themselves of selling out the Aquarium and the Cyclone!!! It would be like the aquarium a had a roller-coaster on either side of it!!

Are the Mets mathematically out of the playoffs yet??

HA!!! I KILL ME!!!! Here Lucky!!Image

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Apr Wed 04, 2012 8:45 pm

I love the Family Guy episode where they mention the Mets... "It's Opening Day here in New York. Here's the first pitch... and the season is over." if I can find it, I'll post it.

Here you go... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okXhAC78 ... ata_player

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Wed 04, 2012 11:15 pm

NaCler wrote:I love the Family Guy episode where they mention the Mets... "It's Opening Day here in New York. Here's the first pitch... and the season is over." if I can find it, I'll post it.

Here you go... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okXhAC78 ... ata_player
That wasn't from a real game?? :shock: :shock: :P :lol: :roll: :wink:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Thu 05, 2012 8:07 am

It's baseball season... Yay :roll:

Thankfully hockey playoffs are here as well!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Apr Sun 22, 2012 8:29 pm

Has anyone seen my NATS this year??? WHOO HOOO!!! It's about time boys!!!

Of course, a major downward spiral should be expected because I just jinxed them!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Apr Mon 23, 2012 7:25 am

NaCler wrote:Has anyone seen my NATS this year??? WHOO HOOO!!! It's about time boys!!!

Of course, a major downward spiral should be expected because I just jinxed them!
I have been keeping an eye on the NL East and it has been quite a surprise. So far through the first 14 or so games it is one of the toughest divisions in the league.
- Len90

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Mon 23, 2012 10:12 am

Len90 wrote:
NaCler wrote:Has anyone seen my NATS this year??? WHOO HOOO!!! It's about time boys!!!

I have been keeping an eye on the NL East and it has been quite a surprise. So far through the first 14 or so games it is one of the toughest divisions in the league.
The NL East is always that way. It's like the SEC of the MLB!!