2010 Movies

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

JPG
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Re: 2010 Movies

Post by JPG » Jun Wed 02, 2010 4:48 pm

We saw Iron Man 2 this past weekend. It was good, BUT not nearly as good as Iron Man. Too much going on. Again, good, but just good.

I did like the extra scene at the end of the credits.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jun Wed 02, 2010 6:23 pm

JPG wrote:We saw Iron Man 2 this past weekend. It was good, BUT not nearly as good as Iron Man. Too much going on. Again, good, but just good.

I did like the extra scene at the end of the credits.
I'd have to agree with you on this one. I thought it was a bit too much of putting the suits on and blowing things up.

We didn't know there was an extra scene at the end, oh darn!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jun Thu 03, 2010 2:57 pm

Yeah, we saw it. It was pretty good, but lacked the novelty of the first one.

The after-scene looks like they're preparing to introduce Thor. That oughta be good!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jun Fri 04, 2010 7:40 pm

We haven't gone to a movie in quite a while...there are a few out now we'd like to see, but alas, scheduling is always harder than it seems. :roll:

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jun Mon 21, 2010 3:44 pm

I am sure everyone noticed the none-too-subtle nods to Walt Disney and the 1964 NYWF. Not just the fairgrounds of the Stark Expo (of course in Flushing Meadow) but also the early films with Tony Stark's dad dressed like Walk standing in front of the big model.

But did you notice that Richard Sherman wrote "Make Way For Tomorrow Today"? Richard Sherman. http://www.starkexpo2010.com/
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jun Mon 21, 2010 9:17 pm

Ooh, good find! I'm going to lurk through it now.

Josh Q
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Josh Q » Jun Tue 22, 2010 12:51 pm

horizons1 wrote:I am sure everyone noticed the none-too-subtle nods to Walt Disney and the 1964 NYWF. Not just the fairgrounds of the Stark Expo (of course in Flushing Meadow) but also the early films with Tony Stark's dad dressed like Walk standing in front of the big model.

But did you notice that Richard Sherman wrote "Make Way For Tomorrow Today"? Richard Sherman. http://www.starkexpo2010.com/
That site is totally cool! Great find! :D
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jun Tue 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Josh Q wrote:
horizons1 wrote:I am sure everyone noticed the none-too-subtle nods to Walt Disney and the 1964 NYWF. Not just the fairgrounds of the Stark Expo (of course in Flushing Meadow) but also the early films with Tony Stark's dad dressed like Walk standing in front of the big model.

Actually there was whole other topic thread about Disney connections to Iron Man 2.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6302&start=30

Josh Q

Post by Josh Q » Jun Wed 23, 2010 9:34 am

mindflipper wrote:
Josh Q wrote:

Actually there was whole other topic thread about Disney connections to Iron Man 2.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6302&start=30

Nice Thanks!

Anyone see A-Team?!?! I thought it was pretty good. entertaining not anything but that! But that's all I wanted.
Our Theme Park Podcast is back! http://www.themeparktalk.com

DAR
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by DAR » Jul Sat 17, 2010 1:43 pm

A-Team was fun doesn't make you think.

On the opposite end I saw Inception and it was terrific. Really have to pay attention and warrants another viewing.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Sun 18, 2010 11:38 am

We saw Despicable Me. Pretty good for non-Disney. Universal is really trying to give Disney a run for their money.

indianagirl21

Post by indianagirl21 » Jul Sun 18, 2010 9:51 pm

I watched Despicable me and Sorcerers Apprentice. They were both really cute. Disney Movies are still number one in my eyes but so true about Universal trying to give Disney a run for their money! Even Dreamworks is doing a good job too, especially with How to Train your Dragon.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jul Fri 23, 2010 5:13 pm

Saw Inception yesterday. Holy ****!!! What a movie!!! Anyone else actually understand what was going on besides me?
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Jul Tue 27, 2010 9:12 am

It amazes me that people still go to the movies as much as they do. How much does it cost now? $10- $15. Just to see the film? Add in $8 popcorn/candy and a $5 tonic, if there are two of you that's $46.

I have a decent home entertainment system. Nothing to write home about. It has a decent surround sound and the picture quality is great. The rate at which movies these days go from the theater to DVD is astonishing. I just wait a couple months and buy the DVD for $19.99 at Best Buy.

Being from Boston, I take a greater interest in the movies filmed here, especially if they are supposed to be good. I remember going to Best Buy and picking a three pack of DVDs for $25 with The Departed, Mystic River, and Gone Baby Gone. If we had decided to go see these in the theater, we were looking at $60-$70 just to see them.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Tue 27, 2010 3:59 pm

kcarts wrote:It amazes me that people still go to the movies as much as they do. How much does it cost now? $10- $15. Just to see the film? Add in $8 popcorn/candy and a $5 tonic, if there are two of you that's $46.

I have a decent home entertainment system. Nothing to write home about. It has a decent surround sound and the picture quality is great. The rate at which movies these days go from the theater to DVD is astonishing. I just wait a couple months and buy the DVD for $19.99 at Best Buy.

Being from Boston, I take a greater interest in the movies filmed here, especially if they are supposed to be good. I remember going to Best Buy and picking a three pack of DVDs for $25 with The Departed, Mystic River, and Gone Baby Gone. If we had decided to go see these in the theater, we were looking at $60-$70 just to see them.
I'm actually with you on that one. I'd rather wait for it to come out on Blu-ray.... the picture is better! Plus, I can watch it in the privacy of my own home, no distractions, pause it whenever I want, etc. But DW just loves to go to the movies, so I end up at the theater sometimes.... :roll: