Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: LOST final season.

Post by 99Soulz » May Mon 24, 2010 5:39 pm

NaCler wrote:
99Soulz wrote:Series finale for 24 tonight and that has been a must watch series for us too, but that one jumped the shark a few seasons ago IMHO.
Are you going to be taping it since your Flyers are on the doorstep tonight :?: :?: :?:
OF COURSE Bro! Actually I am on the train back from your next of the woods (DC) and will miss about half of the first period!! I was trying to end my meetings early but missed the train that would have gotten me home in time. I've got the DVR all set so by the start of the 2nd period I should be caught up!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Mon 24, 2010 11:18 pm

Two series finales (LOST and 24), both two hours long, across two nights. It's just two much!!! :shock: :wink:

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » May Tue 25, 2010 7:48 am

Pardon me if it is a stupid question but did they ever explain the shoe nailed to the tree? I noticed it in the pilot episode when Jack woke up in the forest then again when he went there to "die." Was it just to show that there was life on the island before Jack and friends?

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » May Tue 25, 2010 8:36 am

NaCler wrote:Pardon me if it is a stupid question but did they ever explain the shoe nailed to the tree? I noticed it in the pilot episode when Jack woke up in the forest then again when he went there to "die." Was it just to show that there was life on the island before Jack and friends?
I think it was shown in the finale to display that Jack had come circle on the island, and he was laying down to die in the exact spot where he woke up. As for why they were there?

"After his father's death, Jack Shephard felt that the corpse did not need new shoes, and instead gave his father an old pair of white tennis shoes that he had. Jack later attributed this to the fact that he didn't think his father was worth a new pair of shoes. These shoes were on Christian's body in the coffin aboard Oceanic Flight 815. ("316") "

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Tue 25, 2010 8:48 am

Also, the shoe is hanging from tree by it laces, not nailed.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » May Tue 25, 2010 8:53 am

mindflipper wrote:Also, the shoe is hanging from tree by it laces, not nailed.
sorry... :roll:

MW1218 - Thanks, I figured someone would know. However, I thought it looked like a ladies shoe style and its smaller. :?: :?:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Tue 25, 2010 9:02 am

I thought it was too - a woman's shoe. If you watch th pilot, wasn't Shannon missing a shoe?

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » May Thu 27, 2010 4:00 pm

So my problem with the sideways world being the afterlife is why did Claire need to have her baby again, and why did she have the baby with her in the church? Presumably Aaron grew old and died in the original timeline, having be left at home by Kate. So if Claire was to be reunited with Aaron in the church wouldn't it have been him as an older man?

I guess the problem is we would not have known who he was if they just got some stranger there. But explain the logic of that to me!
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Thu 27, 2010 6:24 pm

horizons1 wrote:So my problem with the sideways world being the afterlife is why did Claire need to have her baby again, and why did she have the baby with her in the church? Presumably Aaron grew old and died in the original timeline, having be left at home by Kate. So if Claire was to be reunited with Aaron in the church wouldn't it have been him as an older man?

I guess the problem is we would not have known who he was if they just got some stranger there. But explain the logic of that to me!
Honestly, I had problem with the whole Claire pregnancy once I found out the sideways/alternate reality was the afterlife. But as everyone entered this part of the afterlife the age/condition they were in when they on the Oceanic Flight 815, I guessed the same applied to Aaron. After all, Locke was walking on the island, and yet in the sideways he was back in the wheelchair, just like he was when Oceanic Flight 815 originally crashed.

MW1218
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MW1218 » May Fri 28, 2010 10:08 am

It was Jack's version of the afterlife. He only knew Claire as pregnant/a new mother.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » May Fri 28, 2010 10:49 am

MW1218 wrote:It was Jack's version of the afterlife. He only knew Claire as pregnant/a new mother.
Well if that were true then Penny wouldn't have been there since he never met her.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Fri 28, 2010 11:06 am

Or maybe as they entered this particular point of the afterlife (regardless of when and where you died in life) was aboard Oceanic Flight 815, they were as they were originally when they boarded - same clothes, with the same people, etc. So if you were pregnant when you boarded the plane in life, you were pregnant when you boarded it in the afterlife. Same for Locke: you may be walking around in life, but when he died and made it to that part of the afterlife, he was in a wheelchair because that's the condition he was in when he boarded originally Oceanic Flight 815 in life.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » May Fri 28, 2010 12:53 pm

Man, you guys are confusing... now do you see why I chose to believe they all died on impact of the island? :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Fri 28, 2010 1:00 pm

NaCler wrote:Man, you guys are confusing... now do you see why I chose to believe they all died on impact of the island? :lol:
Simpler, true, but according to the finale, wrong....the real answer is probably that the writers had no idea either.... :wink:

Dr. Ravenscroft
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by Dr. Ravenscroft » May Fri 28, 2010 2:00 pm

And this is hilarious, how lost should have ended:
[img]http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4131/userbar460642qi2.gif[/img][img]http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5236/userbar460651xq4.gif[/img]
[img]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7677/userbar461525mz8.gif[/img][img]http://www.disneymountainrides.com/_i/banners/bar/SR_siteadmin.gif[/img]

*****Site Admin*****
[url=http://www.twitter.com/travenscroft]twitter[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/49f5nd]plurk[/url] | [url=http://tinyurl.com/556rz4]Flickr[/url] |