LOST final season.

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Wed 05, 2010 8:51 am

What specifically? The death of the Kwons? Sayid sacrificing himself with the exploding bomb? After the initial shock, I'm wary about what's going on - this show can twist and turn with things like time travel and alternate realities - is death really a finality on this show?

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » May Wed 05, 2010 11:51 am

I watched it and don't think anything in this show is final. With two realities they can do what they want with it.
I was thinking it would be kind of funny if it ended by having one of the characters wake up and to find out it was all one of their dreams.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Wed 05, 2010 1:43 pm

One theory for season finale I have is that the island reality ends where the alternate reality began in the season opener.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: LOST final season.

Post by mindflipper » May Sat 22, 2010 1:45 pm

For those of you have never watched the show, tonight you can get an idea of what the show was like as ABC is airing the original two-hour pilot. See how the survivors of Oceanic Flight 815 first started out on the island after the plane crash-landed.

And again for those who have not watched the show: tomorrow night at 7 PM, there will be a 2 hour recap show explaining the entire series up to the point of the the series finale.

The LOST series finale begins at 9 PM, and will be 2.5 hours long! Afterwards, ABC will be airing a special Sunday night episode of Jimmy Kimmel which will feature the alternate endings that were not used.

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » May Sat 22, 2010 1:54 pm

MF - Why are they showing us the alternate endings??? Do you think they couldn't decide on one so they will show them all, or do you think it's because they fear the actual ending will make the fans unhappy???

I still think they will pull a DALLAS and say everyone was sleeping and having the same dream. They will wake-up and be rescued from the island or something hokey like that. :mrgreen:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Sat 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Actually, DALLAS was the one who started the whole mulitple filming concept. After the season cliffhanger of shooting J.R. Ewing created such a buzz hype for the show, the producers filmed three different scenes revealing who shot J.R. so no one would be able to leak before it aired.

The producers are doing the same thing here. They don't want the final moment of the show to be leaked, so they filmed alternates in order to prevent the true ending from being leaked. Actually, it has surprised me that someone has leaked ALL the endings (that would show them!).

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » May Sat 22, 2010 6:11 pm

I can guarantee that not every LOST fan will be happy with the ending. There are way too many questions to be answered in the Finale (technically two and half episodes) to get all the answers everyone wants. I just hope that whatever the ending is that it answers some of the questions I still have. If not, I can always use my Imagination for them.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Sat 22, 2010 6:16 pm

It's going to be interesting to see what we're going have to say about the finale starting Monday....

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » May Sat 22, 2010 8:04 pm

I guess the Food Network is in tune for the LOST finale because I just saw an episode of Dinner: Impossible two hours ago and it was a LOST episode where they had to use food from what the passengers had, etc.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

LOST Series Finale

Post by mindflipper » May Sun 23, 2010 10:50 pm

Well, it turns out the alternate "sideways" reality seen all season was in fact....the afterlife?!? Desmond congregated all the members of the Oceanic Flight 815 together in the afterlife for ascension to heaven. And who lead their way? Christian Shepherd. Jack's father...but in this series, his dead father has always been more than a corpse. Meanwhile, Jack defeated Locke/Man-In-Black on the island, and paying the ultimate price in the end to save the island. The show ended where it began, Jack laying on the ground in the bamboo field. So..........what did you think of the series ending???? :?: :?: :?:

rdeacon
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Engineer

Post by rdeacon » May Sun 23, 2010 11:20 pm

I think the ending was a way to get all the characters back together in the end, but it really didn't answer much of anything. There were just too many loose ends to solve. I think most of us figured it was a purgatory/heaven/hell thing. I guess there is no easy way to end it :) What does everyone else think?
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible.."
Walt Disney

[img]http://www.rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_admin_adv.jpg[/img]
[img]http://rdeacon.com/img/banners/bar/SR_monkey_adv.jpg[/img]

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Sun 23, 2010 11:55 pm

Actually, the island turned out to be reality. It was the alternate reality that was purgatory/after-life. What loose-end did you think went unresolved?

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » May Mon 24, 2010 5:52 am

I saw the final episode though I never saw a single episode of Lost before. I joked that it saved me six years in watching but today I started watching season one on Hulu. I got about five episodes in now before I paused for the night.

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » May Mon 24, 2010 6:43 am

The entire show was the afterlife, as most of us probably expected from the first season but then started believing in the story that they were part of this island-protect campaign. They were all dead from the first plane crash. I really like how they ended it.

I just hope when its my time to go I don't have to face a polar bear on a tropical island! I guess he had unresolved issues to deal with too!

NaCler

Post by NaCler » May Mon 24, 2010 7:00 am

99Soulz wrote:The entire show was the afterlife, as most of us probably expected from the first season but then started believing in the story that they were part of this island-protect campaign. They were all dead from the first plane crash.
That's what I got from the finale also. They all died with the intial plane crash, but the island and everything afterwards was just their souls in "purgatory" waiting until they were ready to give up the lives they would never have. I thought that's why the final shot was the original plane wreckage with no one alive. However, I was a casual fan as I caught episodes every now and then, so, several times I was completely LOST. :wink: