LOST final season.

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

99Soulz
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by 99Soulz » Feb Fri 05, 2010 1:02 pm

I'm of that opinion as well with the parallel story lnes. I see the 2 story lines continuing and believe the new LAX story is the result of how they changed history with the bomb. Hence, Jacks new dew...(maybe not as uptight as he was before), Shannon not making the flight home...etc. And for Desmond, he might be going in and out of the new line because history is possibly still changing???

I just hope they bring Locke back at somepoint.....the real Locke.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Fri 05, 2010 1:12 pm

Locke's dead in the island storyline - I think the only way he can come back is when we switch from one storyline to the other. I look forward to seeing how everyone's lives would have differed if the plane had not crashed. It was funny to see Locke & Jack having the chance to be friends (maybe the key to Locke walking again?).

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Thu 18, 2010 11:18 am

Anyone watch this week's episode on Tuesday? What did you think of it? The "Alternate John Locke" storyline was fun. In his alternate world where the plane did not crash, he's still confined to the wheelchair but he's living with Helen and they're engaged. In the Island reality, Helen left Locke because of his need to avenge himself on his dad over the kidney. But as for Alternate John Locke, everytime his life was taking a bad turn after the plane returned to LA, he would run into someone from that plane trip (who would have been a fellow survivor if the plane had crashed) that turned his life back around from a misfortune. It was a good episode.

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Feb Thu 18, 2010 4:41 pm

Agreed it was a good episode. Looks like it might be heading in the direction of using Egyptian mythology. There are several small details that seem to refer to that. Have you noticed this? My 15 year old son that has been studying Egyptian mythology pointed this out to me.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Thu 18, 2010 6:51 pm

The black and white stones in the Jacob's cave have had similar occurences before: Jack and Kate discovered black and white stones on two dead bodies on the island, and Locke had made a similar parallel with black and white game pieces on the beach with Walt. It's been a recurring theme that has popped up throughout the show.

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Feb Thu 18, 2010 7:31 pm

mindflipper wrote:The black and white stones in the Jacob's cave have had similar occurences before: Jack and Kate discovered black and white stones on two dead bodies on the island, and Locke had made a similar parallel with black and white game pieces on the beach with Walt. It's been a recurring theme that has popped up throughout the show.
The stones I think are symbolizing good and evil. So when "Locke" threw the white one out of the cave I am thinking he threw it away because it represented Jacob (good). And he would be the black one.? maybe?

Oh and the four toes on the statue. Well, I guess there was an Egyptian god of death with four toes.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Feb Sat 20, 2010 9:04 am

disneylandmom wrote:Oh and the four toes on the statue. Well, I guess there was an Egyptian god of death with four toes.
That was the goddess of fertility. I forget the name at the moment.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Feb Sat 20, 2010 1:16 pm

MadEye wrote:
disneylandmom wrote:Oh and the four toes on the statue. Well, I guess there was an Egyptian god of death with four toes.
That was the goddess of fertility. I forget the name at the moment.
After doing a little research the god of death was Anubis. He stood like a man with a dog head and had four toes on his hind feet which when standing like a man would be his feet. At least that is how he is depicted in the drawings that have been found. Oh yes and he is black (black smoke) hmm.
Oh and he weighs the souls to decide if they are good or evil (the scale in the cave). He guards the world between here and the afterlife. hmm
The article I read was quite interesting he is also associated with the goddess of fertility Isis (problems with fertility on the island) hmm.?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sat 20, 2010 9:13 pm

Of course, they throw this junk in to keep everybody guessing. Like all the Dharma stations being named after items related to Budha. The show loves to dish out the red herrings...

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Feb Sat 20, 2010 10:42 pm

mindflipper wrote:Of course, they throw this junk in to keep everybody guessing. Like all the Dharma stations being named after items related to Budha. The show loves to dish out the red herrings...
Yes they do...I don't know why I even try to figure it out anymore.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Sun 21, 2010 12:21 am

It's just better sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride/show...

DAR
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by DAR » Feb Wed 24, 2010 8:46 pm

If you ever want a good Lost read, go to Entertainment Weekly's website and click on their Lost link on the top.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Feb Wed 24, 2010 9:13 pm

Well, in this week's episode, Alternate Reality Jack has a moody teenage son, where as Island Jack never had a kid before coming to the island.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » May Tue 04, 2010 9:29 pm

If anyone watched tonight's episode got some major shockers: Sayid gets killed from exploding bomb while saving his friends, Lapidus hit with a heavy metal door (presumably drowned), and husband and wife Jin and Sun Kwon died when the submarine sank! Four cast members killed off in one night! Jack and Hurley survived, Kate too with a gun shot wound in her shoulder, and Sawyer is still alive but with bleeding head injury. There are two more Tuesday episodes left before the two hour season finale on Sunday, May 23, 2010.

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » May Wed 05, 2010 8:42 am

Last nights episode ______ me off!!!!!!!! :evil:
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.