Calling all southpaws...

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Re: Calling all southpaws...

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Sun 17, 2010 2:26 pm

Yes, do any americans (or anyone on earth for that matter) actually care about proper silverware usage? I always get it backwards, but no one seems to notice.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Oct Sun 17, 2010 4:37 pm

Len90 wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:Gah... I've missed you guys! Darn you college. :D
I know that feeling. I have been limited too by college. Hmm, maybe we should schedule our classes around subsonic so this withdrawal doesn't have to happen.
We totally should! I might have to do that come spring semester, seeing as winter will be at Disney.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Sun 17, 2010 8:29 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Len90 wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:Gah... I've missed you guys! Darn you college. :D
I know that feeling. I have been limited too by college. Hmm, maybe we should schedule our classes around subsonic so this withdrawal doesn't have to happen.
We totally should! I might have to do that come spring semester, seeing as winter will be at Disney.
Yeah this semester has me keeping crazy hours, working like a dog, and time has been flying. I could use an easy semester with some time to myself.

I am really starting to wonder if being left-handed has something to do with liking Disney. It really appears that most of us on here, if not a good majority are left-handed. Then given the fact that left-handed is considerably rare in society, to have so many on here is surprising.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Sun 17, 2010 9:49 pm

Len90 wrote:I am really starting to wonder if being left-handed has something to do with liking Disney. It really appears that most of us on here, if not a good majority are left-handed. Then given the fact that left-handed is considerably rare in society, to have so many on here is surprising.
Hmmmmmmm, it's spooky and weird, innit? If this was an X-Files episode, I'm sure Mulder would explain as an alien conspiracy while Scully would say its just an incredibly rare genetic disorder. Now if it was Fringe, it would probably be because we're all displaced from a parallel mirror universe where left-handed people outnumber right-handed people...

Otherwise, I have no way to explain it. :wink: :lol:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Mon 18, 2010 1:41 am

mindflipper wrote:
Len90 wrote:I am really starting to wonder if being left-handed has something to do with liking Disney. It really appears that most of us on here, if not a good majority are left-handed. Then given the fact that left-handed is considerably rare in society, to have so many on here is surprising.
Hmmmmmmm, it's spooky and weird, innit? If this was an X-Files episode, I'm sure Mulder would explain as an alien conspiracy while Scully would say its just an incredibly rare genetic disorder. Now if it was Fringe, it would probably be because we're all displaced from a parallel mirror universe where left-handed people outnumber right-handed people...

Most of the people here are righties!! Get over it!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Oct Mon 18, 2010 1:41 am

Len90 wrote:.

I am really starting to wonder if being left-handed has something to do with liking Disney. It really appears that most of us on here, if not a good majority are left-handed. Then given the fact that left-handed is considerably rare in society, to have so many on here is surprising.
Yes yes, there is a pattern here! I can agree with that!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Mon 18, 2010 8:32 am

Jacca5660 wrote:Most of the people here are righties!! Get over it!!
There's more of us than you know, Jacca. We're slowly taking over... :twisted: :wink: :roll: :lol:

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Oct Mon 18, 2010 1:36 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:

Most of the people here are righties!! Get over it!!

I'm seeing a split almost right down the middle......

Jacca, who do you consider to be.......

1. Greatest hitter in MLB history?

2. Greatest QB in NCAA history?

3. Greatest guitar player ever?

4. Greatest drummer ever?

5. Greatest hockey player in NHL history?

My answers to these questions were/are all left handed.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Mon 18, 2010 2:43 pm

Of course they are!!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Mon 18, 2010 2:59 pm

Here's my theory as to why there seems to be a higher than usual number of lefties on these boards:
Since lefties are right-brained people, and the right brain controls more of the creativity and emotional aspects of your personality, then lefties overall tend to be very creative and have deep appreciation for the arts, etc., whereas righties tend to lean more toward logic and science. That's not to say that righties aren't creative and appreciative of the arts, too, or that lefties aren't logical or scientific, but if you were to poll thousands of righties and lefties about their interests and preferences, you would start to see the tendencies running more in those directions. So lefties would be slightly more likely to really get into regular participation in things like this site, where imagination/fun/creativity are given free reign, whereas righties might enjoy this site too, but may be less likely to spend as much time here... being naturally more inclined to other interests.
Some of us righties have strong creative streaks in us too, and also therefore love this site, but then interestingly also seem to have ambidextrous tendencies. I know for myself, I tend to be right-handed in most things, but often eat with either hand, and can perform just as well with many of my carpentry and painting tools with either hand as well. So I have "honorary lefty" status on here, thanks to my fellow Subbers who agreed to let me. 8-)
I wish it didn't have to be a competition with some people... *cough, cough* jacca *cough* :roll:
(just yankin' yer chain, bubba :mrgreen: ).

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Mon 18, 2010 3:05 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Here's my theory as to why there seems to be a higher than usual number of lefties on these boards:
Since lefties are right-brained people, and the right brain controls more of the creativity and emotional aspects of your personality, then lefties overall tend to be very creative and have deep appreciation for the arts, etc., whereas righties tend to lean more toward logic and science. That's not to say that righties aren't creative and appreciative of the arts, too, or that lefties aren't logical or scientific, but if you were to poll thousands of righties and lefties about their interests and preferences, you would start to see the tendencies running more in those directions. So lefties would be slightly more likely to really get into regular participation in things like this site, where imagination/fun/creativity are given free reign, whereas righties might enjoy this site too, but may be less likely to spend as much time here... being naturally more inclined to other interests.
Some of us righties have strong creative streaks in us too, and also therefore love this site, but then interestingly also seem to have ambidextrous tendencies. I know for myself, I tend to be right-handed in most things, but often eat with either hand, and can perform just as well with many of my carpentry and painting tools with either hand as well. So I have "honorary lefty" status on here, thanks to my fellow Subbers who agreed to let me. 8-)
I wish it didn't have to be a competition with some people... *cough, cough* jacca *cough* :roll:
(just yankin' yer chain, bubba :mrgreen: ).
I have to admit, You can kiss up with an OLYMPIC intensity!! :lol: 8-) :shock: :oops: :roll: :wink:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Mon 18, 2010 3:09 pm

Spent most of my life getting good at it. Maybe someday I'll tell you why. :wink:

"Diplomacy: the art of being able to tell someone to go to h**l in such a way that they actually look forward to the trip."

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Mon 18, 2010 3:14 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Spent most of my life getting good at it. Maybe someday I'll tell you why. :wink:

"Diplomacy: the art of being able to tell someone to go to h**l in such a way that they actually look forward to the trip."
I gotta admit, your giant mickey-shaped pin display you're building seems like a "lefty"-type creative project. :wink:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Mon 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Mousekedude wrote: "Diplomacy: the art of being able to tell someone to go to h**l in such a way that they actually look forward to the trip."
:lol: Yep, you got that right! :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Tue 19, 2010 12:02 am

MmeLeota wrote:
Mousekedude wrote: "Diplomacy: the art of being able to tell someone to go to h**l in such a way that they actually look forward to the trip."
:lol: Yep, you got that right! :lol:
Maybe we should have Mouskeplomacy?