Moderator: Moderators

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Thu 25, 2010 11:10 pm

Amy wrote:Happy Thanksgiving to all :D
Len, you'll have to fill us in on your shopping adventures ~ shopping around here is crazy, I can only imagine what it is like in a bigger city :shock:
Man, let me tell you about shopping in the big city! The madness started here yesterday! A lot of people took an extra day off to hit the stores before the big rush... thus creating a pre-big-rush big rush! I couldn't believe it! Wednesday is my normal day off work (I work a 4-10 schedule), and I know how the traffic usually is, but the traffic levels yesterday were unbelievable. But the stores had everything ready to go, let me tell you! I found a couple of really sweet deals on some tools I've been needing. But I guarantee you I will be avoiding the stores like the plague tomorrow! :lol:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Fri 26, 2010 12:03 am

Best black Friday deals are to be had at the stores. The $50 plush toys at Disney store are 50% off. On top of that, get an extra 20% off if you are in store before 10am.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 26, 2010 5:48 am

Gosh, I just didn't find anything enticing in the ads this year. A lot of stores were open here on Thanksgiving, and this morning, the news showed the folks pouring into a store opening at 5 am. Some of the shoppers had already been to a few other stores prior! :shock:
I am thankful for staying in my warm house this year and not being out in the single digit weather with the lake effect snow :shock: :lol:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Fri 26, 2010 1:38 pm

Oh that's actually a newer holiday tradition that my family does since black friday has become a massive crowd drawer, on thanksgiving day we go around to several of the stores that offer black friday deals and place bets on the crowds (number of people there, number of tents, over under of last year, repeats, etc.) I won $95, so that's nice.

I bet the ones who have been camping out for days are really feeling it since it's been freezing cold here (lows in the 50s), high winds, and they are sleeping outdoors.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Sat 27, 2010 6:59 pm

Wow, I'm super late on this one...Happy Belated Thanksgiving everyone!!! Hope everyone had a wonderful Turkey Day celebration!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Mon 29, 2010 3:27 pm

So here I am, chewing shoe leather....
A few posts back I swore I wouldn't be caught dead anywhere near any stores on Black Friday. So Karma being what it is, guess where I ended up spending most of the day thanks to Mouseoholic...? :roll:
Actually, it wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected, and we got some good deals on some last minute stuff we needed for the trip. :D

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Mon 29, 2010 5:36 pm

I've been away from the boards because I bought a 500 gig hard drive for $29 on black Friday. I'm now in the process of setting it up on my home network (Ethernet, Hardwired) so all three computers have an abundance of space. I didn't realize how easy and hard setting up a home network was. It easy in the big picture, but the details will drive you crazy. I also got a new HP printer for 20 bucks, that was a lot cheaper then replacing the ink for the old one!!

All in all Black Friday seemed a lot more organized and civil. It wasn't the combat shopping of past years. We actually got everything we targeted!! I still think it wrong the they have 4 AM sales the day after you eat 3,000 calories and turkey to boot! Why can't they just have them at either midnight (before sleeping) or 8 AM (after sleeping)??
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Mon 29, 2010 6:40 pm

Since I've been away from my computer all weekend, Happy Belated Turkey day everyone!!!

As far as Black Friday goes, it's a tradition to go shopping in our family (and usually not for the big ticket items either)...but this year we didn't go shopping. Oh well...there's always next year...wait, I'm starting to sound like a Cubs fan :shock: :lol: ;)

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Mon 29, 2010 8:46 pm

Jacca5660 wrote: I still think it wrong the they have 4 AM sales the day after you eat 3,000 calories and turkey to boot! Why can't they just have them at either midnight (before sleeping) or 8 AM (after sleeping)??
Because then muggers would have to work harder when you're walking back to your car? Best to get you when you're drunk/bloated/comatose and loaded down rather than well rested.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 29, 2010 9:20 pm

Wow! Great deals Jacca :D
Ha-ha-ha! M-dude, you have to be careful what you say :P Glad you guys managed some last minute bargains though :D
I actually went nowhere on this Black Friday. I never shopped those sales until 2 years ago, then I went a couple years in a row, but there wasn't anything to entice me out in the cold this year. Figured it was a waste of gas and too much aggravation for parking just to go have a free breakfast at Sam's Club :lol:

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Nov Mon 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Overall, Cyber Monday has actually been really good this year (other than someone complaing about Apple's weak sauce sales).

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Nov Thu 24, 2011 3:14 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, hope you all have a good day with your families.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 24, 2011 6:46 am

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys their dinner ~ traditional or otherwise!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Nov Thu 24, 2011 8:50 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Amy, enjoy your pizza and know that your extended family is thinking about you and F1gment today.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Thu 24, 2011 1:57 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope the crowds aren't too bad down there today, Amy!