Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Post a Pic of Your Cat

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Wed 13, 2011 3:07 am

What a gorgeous kitty!!!

Here is a picture of Pop Eye, Baloo's baby.

After extensive and expensive medical care she was felled by congenital defects that just could not be over come. This was Baloo's baby and we tried everything the vet thought would help. She was another rescue. In the words of the late George Carlin "You get a pet, you get a tragedy".

My family thought me a bit heartless. Sorry Pop Eye, I knew from the beginning, it would not be long! I celebrated her life!!

I'm not heartless!! I guess I no longer have the capacity to invest in the lost. Sometimes life sucks!! I was the one she slept with and on! Pop Eye was my friend!! To be DAD, is to be the CHEERLEADER!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 13, 2011 7:09 am

Aww, sorry to hear of your loss Jacca. I can only imagine how much sadness comes along with the joys of rescue animals.

On the bright side, glad to hear your kitty is feeling better mindflipper!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 13, 2011 8:59 am

Sleepy90 wrote:Love the pic on the sofa looks like "Oh no here he goes again better say munccchhiieess".
Hidey is doing well driving Joe crazy when I go out, in and out every door in the house trying to find me.
My cat did the same thing when a family member got hospitalized. She felt absolutely sure she was somewhere still in the house, just hiding... :roll: :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Wed 13, 2011 11:48 am

Sorry about your loss Jacca. What a cutie... :(

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Wed 13, 2011 2:56 pm

Really sorry about your loss, Jacca. I can definitely say I understand how you feel.

Sleepy90 and Mindflipper, I know exactly what you mean. When I was hospitalized for two weeks about ten years ago (long story... I almost died... :roll: ), one of our cats actually worried herself so sick looking for me that she started to moult! It was amazing... when I got back from the hospital she was all draggled-looking, and had a huge patch of fur totally missing on one side! Poor thing... she spent most of each day wandering the house searching for me everywhere, I'm told. And people think pets are "just stupid animals..." :shock:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 13, 2011 3:08 pm

With my cat, I had to open the hallway broom closet, let her into the garage, open the kitchen pantry, open the refrigerator and freezer doors - because no door could be left unopened during the endless investigation. There was nothing that could be done to deter that cat from searching...

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Mon 22, 2011 10:14 pm

We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Aug Fri 26, 2011 11:19 am

LOL, we cat lovers wouldn't call that creepy! That was hilariously cute! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Non-cat-lovers just don't understand... :wink: 8-)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Fri 26, 2011 12:36 pm

Hey, I used to be a Non-cat-lover for most of my life until my cat adopted me...

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Fri 26, 2011 8:07 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
LOL, we cat lovers wouldn't call that creepy! That was hilariously cute! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Non-cat-lovers just don't understand... :wink: 8-)
No, no, no. You got it wrong. I love cats. In fact, just today I had to think about taking in a friends cat. In the end, a $250 non-refundable deposit for the apartment complex I live at and the fact that it is an older cat (12 years old) with declining health and a broken heart because his sister died 2 weeks ago made us decide not to. :( It would have been fine since he knows us and loves my girlfriend giving him attention.
― Dr. Seuss

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Aug Fri 26, 2011 10:14 pm

MadEye wrote: No, no, no. You got it wrong. I love cats. In fact, just today I had to think about taking in a friends cat. In the end, a $250 non-refundable deposit for the apartment complex I live at and the fact that it is an older cat (12 years old) with declining health and a broken heart because his sister died 2 weeks ago made us decide not to. :( It would have been fine since he knows us and loves my girlfriend giving him attention.
Ohhhh..... ok, sorry I got it wrong. But your story begs the question: if you don't take in your friend's kitty, what will happen to it...?! :shock: :(

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Aug Fri 26, 2011 11:14 pm

MadEye: does your apartment deposit totally exclude pets? I know some have pet limitations (around here known as the 20 pound rule).

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Sun 28, 2011 8:07 am

Mousekedude wrote:
MadEye wrote: No, no, no. You got it wrong. I love cats. In fact, just today I had to think about taking in a friends cat. In the end, a $250 non-refundable deposit for the apartment complex I live at and the fact that it is an older cat (12 years old) with declining health and a broken heart because his sister died 2 weeks ago made us decide not to. :( It would have been fine since he knows us and loves my girlfriend giving him attention.
Ohhhh..... ok, sorry I got it wrong. But your story begs the question: if you don't take in your friend's kitty, what will happen to it...?! :shock: :(
Time will tell but you can tell he isn't "right" without his sister around. He doesn't eat as much as he should, he stays in one part of the house all day instead of being an active cat like he was before his sister passed. My friend is considering putting him to sleep along with one of her dogs who is also very old (almost 19 years old!!!) and his organs are starting to shut down. I don't think I'll know what her plans are until after that happens.
Last edited by MadEye on Aug Sun 28, 2011 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
― Dr. Seuss

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Aug Sun 28, 2011 8:11 am

mindflipper wrote:MadEye: does your apartment deposit totally exclude pets? I know some have pet limitations (around here known as the 20 pound rule).
There are breed limitations (pit bulls most likely... :x I love pit bulls too!!!) but in order to have a pet, it is $250 for an animal 49 pounds and under and $500 for 50 pounds and up, both non-refundable... :? :evil:
― Dr. Seuss

Cub
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Cub » Sep Fri 30, 2011 9:41 am

What adorable kitties! I've been a cat person all my life and could never imagine NOT owning one.
I always love showing off my babies. :)
This is Maizy. No cat has EVER had my heart like this one. She's fat, lazy, and so lovable. She sleeps with me every night and even puts up with me putting costumes on her and giving her baths. Yes, baths! (fleas are bad around here.:?)
This little brat is Minnie. :lol: She's so grouchy most of the time. (definitely the calico personality) She really enjoys being outside.
This is Pearl. She came into my work (I work at a vet clinic) when she was just a tiny kitten. She had her foot smashed in a porch or something and was walking on it like a gorilla. It was super swollen and I was told she would never be a normal cat. The vet told me that amputation would probably be the best way to go for her. But, I chose to wait and treat her with antibiotics and two weeks later, she was walking like a normal cat! After treating her, I got attached and just couldn't bear the idea of finding her another home. Against my parents original wishes, I named her Pearl and she's been with us ever since.
She likes to climb in my mom's scrapbook bins. She even puts herself in the one labeled "Pets". She's such a silly kitty.

We also have a cat that we've had since my 5th birthday (I'm 20 now). He's a solid gray, long haired cat. Although, I don't have any pictures of him. :(
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney♥