Post a Pic of Your Cat

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Post a Pic of Your Cat

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Fri 17, 2010 12:33 pm

WOW! Up to 6???? Nice job! I'm at my current limit of 3...dang!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Fri 17, 2010 1:53 pm

Thank you so much for posting that, MmeLeota! I got a huge case of the warm fuzzies with that one!
I would soooooooo love to have a place like that. I'm really impressed that they are all spayed or neutered and responsibly cared for. I'd like to donate some money to this guy.... :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Sep Fri 17, 2010 3:57 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Mindflipper is the first person I thought of when I read this article....and knowing there are so many cat lovers on this site, I couldn't help but share!!!!

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/guest_blogg ... -cats.html

This is something I envisioned myself doing at some point in my life...if I ever had the land that is. It makes me wish I lived closer so I could be a volunteer!
I just try to do what I can for the cats loose in my neighborhood. To me, that's a good starting point...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Fri 17, 2010 6:22 pm

mindflipper wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:Mindflipper is the first person I thought of when I read this article....and knowing there are so many cat lovers on this site, I couldn't help but share!!!!

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/guest_blogg ... -cats.html

This is something I envisioned myself doing at some point in my life...if I ever had the land that is. It makes me wish I lived closer so I could be a volunteer!
I just try to do what I can for the cats loose in my neighborhood. To me, that's a good starting point...
I also wondered if you had heard of this guy... :D

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Apr Mon 11, 2011 3:28 pm

Hi, everyone. I haven't been around much lately... lots of drama going on. You all know about my father passing away in February, and so forth. Well, there's some more sad news to report, and this is the right thread for it because there is a silver lining in the cloud. Please bear with me while I explain:

You may remember our cat Audrey. I posted a picture of her on this thread a while back, but just so you don't have to go searching for it, here she is:

Well, tragically, we had to put Audrey to sleep last week. Long story short, she was suffering from oral cancer, and after thousands of dollars of vet bills and almost a week of being on a feeding tube, we decided it was time to end her suffering and let her rest. We were (and still are) very broken up about it. But we didn't want our other kitty (Kiotu) to grieve too long and be lonely, so we decided to get another cat as soon as possible to be her companion. Last night we found her perfect companion.

First, here's a picture of Kiotu to remind you all of what she looks like:

And now, for the silver lining in the cloud....
meet Sasha:

Sasha is a Siamese mix... not quite a Snowshoe like Kiotu, but close enough in looks and temperament to almost be her sister. We brought her home last night, and are thrilled with her. Kiotu isn't exactly thrilled yet, but that's to be expected. Once she gets used to the new arrival we're confident they will be the best of friends.

That's all for now. I miss you guys, but this is all I have the time or energy for right now. :(

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Apr Mon 11, 2011 5:32 pm

My heart goes out to you, Mouseoholic and Kiotu. Giant, pixie dust filled cyber hugs for all of you.
When my 20 year old cat Tara passed away in November I was not even able to post about it. (Still can't.)

Sasha is beautiful and I hope she and Kiotu become friends soon and fill your life with peaceful purrs and snuggles.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Mon 11, 2011 7:28 pm

Mousekedude: sorry for the recent loss in your family. :( Some people may not consider pets a member of the family, but if you have a cat, you know the cat does. :wink:

:ccat:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Tue 12, 2011 12:26 am

DUDE!!! My heart and PRAYERS go out to you, Mouseoholic and Kiotu!! I hope this finds you feeling better! If you need to talk I'm always here for you!!

The new Kittie is beautiful!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Apr Tue 12, 2011 2:35 am

So sorry for your loss, pixie dust on its way to help with Kiotu and Sasha settling down quickly together.

Sasha is a beauty and looking at the picture and her size I'm guessing this is another rescue kitty, High five from Hidey on that one.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 12, 2011 1:16 pm

Good to see you back around Mousekedude ~ sorry for all the losses in your family :( We're keeping the mayhem going as best we can in your absence.
Sasha has beautiful eyes and I'm sure she and Kiotu will be the best of friends..hopefully sooner rather than later!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Apr Fri 15, 2011 11:08 am

Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes and support! :D
Yes, Sleepy, Sasha is a rescue kitty. We wouldn't do it any other way. There are so many wonderful cats out there who need good homes, but people won't consider them just because they're adults. Everyone wants kittens. :roll: But Sasha has a wonderful personality and is already well adapted to our home and loving it here. Kiotu, on the other hand, is still a little skeptical. She's been Queen Kitty for too long, and isn't eager to share her spotlight. :lol: But progress is being made. She now lets Sasha get within 2 feet of her before she starts hissing. :roll: :wink:
We're confident that they'll be pals before too long. Sasha is certainly making the effort. We're glad we found her. She's helping ease the pain of Audrey's loss considerably.
I have a few minutes on my lunch break, so I'm going to scamper through a few other threads now and see if I can contribute to any mayhem (scurries off...).

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Apr Fri 15, 2011 3:13 pm

Mousekedude wrote: There are so many wonderful cats out there who need good homes, but people won't consider them just because they're adults. Everyone wants kittens. :roll:
You have got that right! We have an adoption floor full of wonderful adult cats, some of them only a year old, and all people want to know is "Where are the kittens?" :x

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Apr Fri 15, 2011 4:39 pm

jlpeaches255 wrote:
Mousekedude wrote: There are so many wonderful cats out there who need good homes, but people won't consider them just because they're adults. Everyone wants kittens. :roll:
You have got that right! We have an adoption floor full of wonderful adult cats, some of them only a year old, and all people want to know is "Where are the kittens?" :x
You know, I've been both routes, and I have to say that I have no problem with choosing an adult cat. If you spend some time with them in a "get-acquainted" area (all adoption centers have something like that) you can get a really good handle on what they're like. Kittens are a big question mark... you never know how they're going to turn out. Yes, it's fun to bond with a kitten and feel like you've raised it and all that, but if you know anything at all about cats and can spend some quality time with one before choosing, then you have just as good a chance of making a perfect match with an adult. I highly recommend it. :D

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Apr Fri 15, 2011 7:21 pm

Mousekedude wrote: You know, I've been both routes, and I have to say that I have no problem with choosing an adult cat. If you spend some time with them in a "get-acquainted" area (all adoption centers have something like that) you can get a really good handle on what they're like. Kittens are a big question mark... you never know how they're going to turn out. Yes, it's fun to bond with a kitten and feel like you've raised it and all that, but if you know anything at all about cats and can spend some quality time with one before choosing, then you have just as good a chance of making a perfect match with an adult. I highly recommend it. :D
Working at the shelter, that is what I meant to do...really truly, that is what I wanted...then last year's kitten season happened. :shock: Our foster families were all maxed out with foster kittens and this one tiny kitten came through the door, he was too little to go up for adoption. Every shelter employee had several fosters already and I was the only one left, so I took him. I had no intentions of keeping him but the rest of my family would not let him go!! So now we are foster failures and 6 months later, I am dealing with kitten adolescence. :lol: :lol: You know, the flying through the air, attacking you when you sleep, TPing the house, hanging off of your bathrobe belt! I love that little beast but I know why I wanted an adult!! :ccat: :ccat:
In case you missed it, this is Fuzzball...

Those are his personal stairs to my bed. Spoiled brat. :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Fri 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Ahhhhhhh, he's adorable, jlpeaches255. My little lady does not like cat steps, cat scratching posts, or cat beds. If her mind, she's a member of the family so she gets to enjoy whatever humans enjoy. I got her after the kitten phase and we bonded quickly. In fact, I had no problem bonding with all the cats I took care of until I could get them placed into a cat adoption agency. Being abandoned those cats are looking for anyone to bond with so I believe it is always easier to bond with a shelter cat than it is probably with a kitten (I remember I had 4 that wore me out...).