Post a Pic of Your Cat

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post a Pic of Your Cat

Post by mindflipper » Nov Fri 20, 2009 11:41 pm

In another topic, it came up that many us here on Subsonic have one Disney-unrelated thing in common: we have rescued cats. So I have started this topic where we can upload pics of our cats, whether rescued or not. Here's mine:

I can't say I chose to rescue her really as much as she chose me to rescue her. I wasn't a cat person before she arrived. Her name is Kitty. I know, not original, but to be honest, she selected it, I did not. It was the only name she would answer to, so it has been ever since.

So post pics of your cats. I know many out there have rescued cats, and maybe our stories will help to encourage others to consider getting a rescued cat.

MetalRage
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by MetalRage » Nov Sat 21, 2009 1:35 am

That's a good idea! I have to wait until the sun comes up for mine. She gets really.....cranky if I wake her up lol. That is a very nice looking cat :D
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." - Walt Disney :mickey3:

[url=http://www.userbars.com][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9147/userbar721338ez4.gif[/img][/url]

"We wants the redhead!"

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Sat 21, 2009 4:03 am

The first one is a picture of Cassie, she died of cancer last year. She is greatly missed!

This is a picture of Olivia. She's my little girl and will follow me around the house.

This is Jazz. He thinks he's a parrot!

These are all rescued Kitties and have added so much love to our lives. Just go down to the local pound and a cat or dog will choose you! What you get back in return is beyond measure!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Sat 21, 2009 9:19 am

Great idea mindflipper!!!! Kitty is so cute!

Jacca, Cassie looks like she was a beautiful cat...there's nothing like the calico colors! Olivia is a cutie pie too. Jazz looks like a big boy...my parents have a cat named Jazz too, but I'm sure your Jazz is not as big as theirs. He is nearly 20 pounds (and black)!

(on a tangent, when my parents rescued him, they were told the kitten was a female and named Jasmine (the people were dog people and didn't know that all cats squat...lol). When they took her to the vet, they found out she was a he therefore shortened his name to Jazz.)

I will post pics of my girls as soon as I can. :)

kcarts

Post by kcarts » Nov Sat 21, 2009 9:19 am

I agree Jacca. We have four cats now. Two are rescued. I was never a cat person until I met my girlfriend. Five years later, I feel this place would empty without any of the four of them. My girlfriend is a one person rescue league! We brought home a kitten from Philly after visiting my sister about 3 1/2 years ago. She was part of a litter from a stray from the alley behind her house. Since then we have rescued two others. Unfortunately, Ophelia wasn't in the best health. We had to let her go in February. She was only with us for three years but I know that if we didn't bring home, she might not have lasted three weeks. The four we have now are Milo (10 yrs old from a pound), Jack (just over a year, rescued from DC), Samantha (almost 6, rescued from Newton, MA) and Lily (eight mos). If I can figure out how to post pics on here, I put some up.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Sat 21, 2009 9:22 am

I MISS MY LITTLE GIRL! She was eaten up with cancer and being dad it was up to me to take her to the vet and put her down. The Vet wanted me to hold her when she put her to "SLEEP". I couldn't do it. I also had to bury her!

We've owned this house for years. I have a yard full of "FALLEN" friends! I'm so glad I'm the only one awake!

This is Baby Jazz comforting Cassie. He was so good to her at her end! She was in so much pain it hurt to move!

Sometimes I want someone else to be "DAD"!
Last edited by Jacca5660 on Nov Sat 21, 2009 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Nov Sat 21, 2009 9:35 am

Jacca5660 wrote:I MISS MY LITTLE GIRL! She was eaten up with cancer and being dad it was up to me to take her to the vet and put her down. The Vet wanted me to hold her when she put her to "SLEEP". I couldn't do it. I also had to bury her!

We've owned this house for years. I have a yard full of "FALLEN" friends! I'm so glad I'm the only one awake!

That is such a terrible feeling...I am so sorry...I had to put down my Gena 8 years ago because she had kidney problems. So hard to do. A few months later we lost out other baby, Ashes. She died overnight at the vet. We have long said that at least she went on her own and we didn't have to make the decision...making that decision is the hardest thing to do. I really feel for you Jacca.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Sat 21, 2009 9:39 am

Thank you!! Cassie was 11, a very long life for a Kittie! She is missed and never forgotten!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Sat 21, 2009 11:41 am

Cassie was a beaut! Was she a full or part Maine Coon? I rescued a Maine Coon in my neighborhood and she was long-furred, bushy tailed and very sweet. I'm told that is very common for that breed. Bushie (the Maine Coon, rescue cat #5) was only on display for two weeks before she got adopted, a record since they were experiencing a very low adoption rate at that time. We would have kept her ourselves, but Kitty tried several times to physically attack her, and as Bushie was very meek and would not defend herself - we had to relocate her. We wanted her in home where she could be happy, especially if we could not. Here's some pics of her:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Sat 21, 2009 11:47 am

BEAUTIFUL! No not a Maine. I had a 35lb Maine was I was in my 20's. Biggest cat I've ever seen! He was 30 inches long!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Sat 21, 2009 12:42 pm

Wow, this is so cool! A cat lover's thread! Okay, I mentioned in another thread that our computer crashed and we lost most of our pictures, so I will take some more pictures of my precious kitties a.s.a.p. and get them posted here.....

I'm so thrilled.... (squirming with delight....)

By the way, Mindflipper, your cat looks EXACTLY like one I had rescued back in 2001, who died of an aneurism a few years ago.
mindflipper wrote: Image
Her name was Cleo, and I was playing with her one morning, as I always did (it was tradition before I went to work each day), and I was holding her in my arms when she suddenly went limp, her eyes dilated, and she let out a long soft "meoooowwwww..." and that was it.... she was gone. The vet did a necropsy and said it must have been a brain aneurism. We cried for three days.....

Anyway, I'll be back with pics of my current sweeties.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Sat 21, 2009 1:01 pm

HEART BREAKING! TEAR!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Sat 21, 2009 1:11 pm

Mouskedude, that really is a heartbreaker!! :cry: :cry: :cry: That really sucks!

Oddly enough, Mousekedude, I have the same morning ritual with my cat now. When she first moved in, she loved the morning ritual but...

...she also really resented me going to work, and she worked very hard and cleverly to keep me home. My favorite attempt: one morning I laid my wallet, keys, and ID badge on one side the bed while she was laying curled up across on the other side. I went into my bathroom to shave, etc., and when I came out, got dressed, I could only find my wallet and ID badge. I'm not a morning person, so I began to wonder if I had really had my keys in my hands this morning or if it was deja vu. I searched the whole house, even checked to see if I locked them in my car, I searched everywhere - but then, I saw something sticking up from "sleeping" cat. It was part of key. I lifted her up and - yep! - there they were. While I was in the bathroom, she got up from her faux sleep, pulled the keys over to her side of the bed, laid on top of them, and then acted like she was asleep and never had moved. During my first year, she pulled stunts like that on me all the time. Of course, eventually she accepted I had to go to work...

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Nov Sat 21, 2009 1:56 pm

That is so cute, Mindflipper. They really do feel like they own you, don't they? As far as the hold they have on our hearts, I guess it's true.

Okay, here we go:

This is our oldest kitty, Audrey. We have been her pets for the last ten years. She's a bit neurotic, and meows a lot when we try to sleep, but we still love her anyway. She's part Maine-coon, so she's a big girl.

And this is our baby, Kiotu. We got her right after Cleo died. Her name is an interesting story. Since she is part Siamese, I wanted something that sounded Asian. So I thought about that, along with the fact that she was meant to replace Cleo (although you can't really "replace" something you loved, but anyway....). So I remembered that when we would "baby talk" with Cleo we would leave off the "L" and call her "Kio", and since the new cat would be considered "Kio" the 2nd, I called her "Kio - two", and spelled it "Kiotu". Pretty cool, huh? Anyway, she is definitely Daddy's little girl. When we found her, we had been looking all over town at all the pounds and adoption agencies, and just couldn't find the right kitten. Well, one day we were at the PetSmart adoption center, run by P.A.W.S, and were about to give up, when a volunteer with the agency came running in with a cage full of kittens and said, "wait, wait, look at these....". So I opened the cage, and this cute little bundle of fur marched right over to the door, jumped into my arms, rolled over on her back and said "take me home." I was smitten. I carried her all over the store for about 20 minutes, and she would cry if I put her down, so I said "that's it, I'm taking this one." And she's been a spoiled little daddy's-girl ever since. I still miss Cleo sometimes, but Kiotu definitely stole my heart from day one, and is the most precious kitty I have ever had.
Anyway, here's her picture:

I wish I had some better pictures of them, but this is the best I could do on short notice. Maybe later I'll do better.

Okay, someone else's turn now.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Sat 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Dude, she's a pretty little girl. I love how you got her.

When we went to the pound looking, we were "just looking". All the cats were in cages and just laying there. This little ball of fur got up meowed and darn attention. We looked some more and Olivia saw us come back and got up again. She pressed herself against the cage and just started to talk to me again. She told me I was her human and wanted to know why it took me so long to find her. She came home with us.

Now she follows me around the house. When I'm in bed she will get on the bed between my DW and I and look at my DW like she the other woman.