Post a Pic of Your Cat

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Post a Pic of Your Cat

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Sat 16, 2011 10:58 am

We now have "10" cats in the house!! One of our kitten (read year old, males are now fixed!!) had babies and we are keeping them until they are 7 weeks old. I think the cats are going to take over! I've explained to my family that the kittens are going to be adopted out!! Anybody want a cute little kitten?? I have this fear that I'm gonna be that old "CAT"{ guy down the block.....SAVE ME!!!!!!!!!ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Apr Sat 16, 2011 1:14 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:We now have "10" cats in the house!! I have this fear that I'm gonna be that old "CAT"{ guy down the block.....SAVE ME!!!!!!!!!
Congrates! You are only a couple of dozen away from being a hoarder!

Just kidding. Good luck getting rid of the kittens. :roll:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Apr Mon 18, 2011 11:23 am

jlpeaches255 wrote:...Good luck getting rid of the kittens. :roll:
"getting rid of?!!" My, how un-P.C. of you! I'm shocked! The correct statement would be "finding good homes for..." :shock:

Teasing, of course... :wink: :lol:

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Apr Mon 18, 2011 3:15 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
jlpeaches255 wrote:...Good luck getting rid of the kittens. :roll:
"getting rid of?!!" My, how un-P.C. of you! I'm shocked! The correct statement would be "finding good homes for..." :shock:

Teasing, of course... :wink: :lol:
Oh, right, that is what I meant of course, sure "finding good homes for...." yeah that is what I meant! :wink: :lol:

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Apr Mon 18, 2011 5:52 pm

I'm offering recipes!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Tue 26, 2011 9:05 pm

I visited a friend over the weekend and they had a Siamese/Himalayan mix cat. It was super cute so I decided to take a peek at some more photos of them online. The following was part of a FAQ on a cat rescue site. I had to laugh as it brought to mind the "how to give your cat a pill" instructions...except I'm pretty sure this is real advice! :shock: Do any of the cat owners on here actually brush their kitties' teeth?!
Teeth: The teeth of any cat need to be brushed. Use a cat toothpaste available at pet stores or pet catalogs. Use a soft baby toothbrush or a toothbrush meant for animals. Hold the cat firmly, put a bit of toothpaste on the brush, open the cat's mouth and then brush those back teeth gently. Also brush the tiny front teeth and the longer "fangs". You may find it helpful to put the cat on a counter or table so it is nearly eye level with you.

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Apr Wed 27, 2011 7:05 am

Amy wrote:I visited a friend over the weekend and they had a Siamese/Himalayan mix cat. It was super cute so I decided to take a peek at some more photos of them online. The following was part of a FAQ on a cat rescue site. I had to laugh as it brought to mind the "how to give your cat a pill" instructions...except I'm pretty sure this is real advice! :shock: Do any of the cat owners on here actually brush their kitties' teeth?!
Teeth: The teeth of any cat need to be brushed. Use a cat toothpaste available at pet stores or pet catalogs. Use a soft baby toothbrush or a toothbrush meant for animals. Hold the cat firmly, put a bit of toothpaste on the brush, open the cat's mouth and then brush those back teeth gently. Also brush the tiny front teeth and the longer "fangs". You may find it helpful to put the cat on a counter or table so it is nearly eye level with you.
Well I can tell you it is "recommended" as cat dentals at the vet are very expensive. However, I don't know that I would ever attempt it! Since I am Fuzzball's favorite crew toy as it is I can only imagine what he would do to me if I actually tried to do something to his teeth!! :shock: :shock: :ccat: :ccat:

The advice to put the cat at eye level made me cringe. All I could think of is my cat being attached to my face!! :lol:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Apr Wed 27, 2011 9:15 am

I wouldn't attempt to brush my cat's teeth unless I savor the idea of an emergency room trip afterwards. I give her Dentabytes snacks and they're her favorite snacks. I leave it to the vet to take care of the teeth. I had to have her cleaned early on when I got first got her (whatever she ate before she joined our household resulted in a chipped front fang/tooth) but I haven't had to since...

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Tue 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread with an update. You cat lovers may remember that we got a new cat (Sasha) to replace the one that died, and when last I updated on the subject I was hopeful that she would soon become best friends with our other cat (Kiotu). Well, it's been a struggle... Kiotu took a long time to really accept Sasha into our household. But now they're doing pretty well. I have a couple of pictures to share.

Here's a shot of the two kitties "getting acquainted."

And here's a couple more of Sasha... Isn't she gorgeous..?

Okay, so how's everyone else's kitties doing?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 12, 2011 9:07 pm

Awww, sweet photos of the kitties! The first photo makes it look like the one is smiling :D

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Tue 12, 2011 9:10 pm

What... you didn't know cats could smile..? :shock: :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 12, 2011 9:12 pm

Mousekedude wrote:What... you didn't know cats could smile..? :shock: :wink:
I'm usually focused more on making sure the fangs and claws aren't too close to my tender flesh :shock:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Tue 12, 2011 10:03 pm

Mousekedude wrote:What... you didn't know cats could smile..? :shock: :wink:
Oh, but beware the smiling cat. It's not necessarily a good thing. That's when it's being it's most devious...

As far as my kitty, she's doing fine now. Back on June 30th I had to take her into the vet to have some tests run, only to discover after a few hours she had a tapeworm. She got a shot that day, and a second the next morning. After that, she spent most of the 4th of July weekend hating me for it, but after 3 days she finally forgave (much longer than normal).

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Tue 12, 2011 10:07 pm

Wow! Have I been behind on this topic!!! I am so sorry for the loss of Audrey Mousekedude and Mouseoholic!!! Sasha is beautiful and I hope that Kiotu and Sasha can eventually work out their differences (at least for most of the time) :roll: ;) (Louise and Ella "tolerate" each other most of the time and that works for me.) I especially like the "I'm relaxing on my couch, do you mind?" photo. :lol:

jlpeaches, sorry to hear about Tara. I love that pic of Fuzzball though! I love those kinds of pictures!!! :lol:

Jacca, congrats on 10 kitties! Good luck there! :mrgreen:

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Jul Wed 13, 2011 2:24 am

Love the pic on the sofa looks like "Oh no here he goes again better say munccchhiieess".
Hidey is doing well driving Joe crazy when I go out, in and out every door in the house trying to find me.