Post a Pic of Your Cat

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re:

Post by mindflipper » Jun Fri 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Go to a file sharing site like Photobucket.com and create a user account. It's easy and free (I was opposed to doing that at first, but now I'm glad I did). Follow the instructions for uploading pics from your computer. Once you have done that, choose one and click on the button above it that says "share". It will take you to a menu for different types of sharing links.
Click on the button at the top that says "Get Link Code". That will open a menu for different types of link codes, and the one you want is under the section that says "IMG for bulletin boards and forums." It's the first one under that heading, and says "full size" next to it. Left click once on that link to highlight it, then right click to bring up a selection menu and click "copy". Then go to your text window in subsonic where you are typing up your post, right click on the window where you want the picture to be, and click "paste". You will see the link code appear there. Then when you actually submit your post, it will show up as the actual picture.
I know someone just asked how to do this, and I remember some time ago Mousekedude put the instructions up in a post. So here's the info on how to post a pic on Subsonic...

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Re: Post a Pic of Your Cat

Post by Mousekedude » Jun Tue 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Thanks for reposting that, Mindflipper.
Let me add, though, that after uploading your pics to Photobucket, it's a good idea to edit them first for size before copying them to Subsonic. The Moderators frown disapprovingly on any pic over 800 x 600 screen resolution because the file size takes up too much server space.
Carry on.....

greendoor678
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Post by greendoor678 » Jul Thu 08, 2010 10:08 am

Thanks I will give it a try.

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Jul Thu 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Sorry if it is huge, I can not figure out how to make it smaller....

This is Kit Kat. This is not Kit Kat's dinner.
My dear Kit Kat passed away this morning. She had been sick for a long time and we finally had to make the hard choice to let her be at peace. She spent a wonderful 12 years with us.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Thu 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Poor Kit Kat! I'm so sorry. My wife and I both cried for three days after our favorite kitty died a few years ago. Our thoughts are with you.

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Jul Thu 22, 2010 4:19 pm

jlpeaches255 so sorry about your kitty!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 22, 2010 6:41 pm

What a wonderful pic to remind you of your beloved pet...sorry for your loss :(

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Jul Thu 22, 2010 7:14 pm

Thanks everyone. And I do love that pic. She was so funny with that lobster.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Thu 22, 2010 7:27 pm

Sorry for your cat's passing. I know how you feel. I had worked very hard for almost 4 years to develop a relationship with a feral cat I had known since he was kitten. He was getting use to my house, was trusting me enough to let me be within arm's reach, and my cat and him were accepting each other - and then, he disappeared. Gone. I tried everything I could to locate him. Went through the woods, contacted animal control - but he was nowhere to be found. I and my family still grieve for him even though he was just a feral cat - and it's been a year since he mysteriously disappeared. You don't realize the impact a cat can have on your life until it's gone....

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Thu 22, 2010 8:02 pm

Although I'm not a cat person since I'm really allergic to them...I'm sorry you loss of your cat. I can understand what it's like to lose a pet you love to so much. They become a part of your family and almost like another person. That was very humane of you to let her be at peace.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Thu 22, 2010 8:29 pm

I am so sorry for your loss jlpeaches255! What a beauty Kit Kat was...and that's a great picture! As a fellow "cat servant" (they're the boss after all) to 3 beautiful kitties and having to go through the same issues with 2 cats prior, I completely feel your pain. :(

Kit Kat has gone to the Rainbow Bridge:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

When we had to put my baby Gena down (the first time I had to do this in my adult life...make the decision), my mom and friends sent this poem to me and it has stuck with me through the years. I hope it brings anyone who has lost a pet some comfort.

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Jul Fri 23, 2010 2:36 am

jlpeaches255 I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Kit Kat. She looks like she was a lot of fun from that picture.

MmeLeota you had me in tears with your poem (big softie or what).

My first cat Misty was 17 when we lost her, we were on holiday in Disney, when we came back to the room the light was flashing on the phone. It was my Sister-in-law with the bad news, I still hate to see the flashing phone in the room even if we have bought something and asked for it to be sent to the resort. Turning the key in the front door after that trip was so hard.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Fri 23, 2010 1:53 pm

That is so sad Sleepy90! We completely understand what that feels like!

We lost one of our babies while on a trip to DL during what would have been Walt's 100th birthday. We knew she was not doing well and she was in the care of the vet. We were only gone a couple of days and knew she was going to be in the hospital for at least that long anyway. The morning of the 12/5/01 (Walt's birthday) when we were getting ready to head to the parks, the vet called to say that she didn't make it through the night before...my DH was crushed as she was "his" cat (I lost Gena a couple of months prior) and it made the birthday ceremony even more emotional for us. One week to the day later...we adopted Thelma & Louise! They had the same kind of coloring as Ashes & Gena and they were about 10 weeks old...about 10 weeks prior was when we had to put Gena down, so Thelma & Louise's birthday is Sept. 27! They were meant to be with us and for a long time we said that they were Ashes & Gena coming back to watch over us. :D

Don't worry Sleepy90, everytime I read that poem I turn into a big baby...never fails. But it's a comfort to think that someday we'll all be reunited! :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Fri 17, 2010 12:04 pm

Mindflipper is the first person I thought of when I read this article....and knowing there are so many cat lovers on this site, I couldn't help but share!!!!

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/guest_blogg ... -cats.html

This is something I envisioned myself doing at some point in my life...if I ever had the land that is. It makes me wish I lived closer so I could be a volunteer!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Sep Fri 17, 2010 12:26 pm

That's amazing!! I'm not letting any of my family read it though. We are now up to 6 cat's with our recent litter rescue and I don't want anybody getting any ideas! My younger DS is volunteering at a locale animal shelter as a "CAT CUDDLER" and I have to remind him and Baloo we have 6 cats! We can't handle any more. If they read this, it would just fill their minds!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage