Decorating for Thanksgiving?

Stuff that's not Disney/Site related

Moderator: Moderators

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Decorating for Thanksgiving?

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Thu 12, 2009 6:38 pm

My DW has decorated for Thanksgiving. Does anybody else? My DW decorates the house about 16 times a years. There apparently are sub-holidays?!?!?
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Thu 12, 2009 7:01 pm

I skip Thanksgiving. After taking down Halloween, I need a rest before days it takes to get Christmas decorations out and working.

hockeygirl
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by hockeygirl » Nov Thu 12, 2009 8:31 pm

My mom does flowers in fall colors, but that's about it in terms of decorating. I don't decorate because I'm never here, I'm always there!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Thu 12, 2009 10:09 pm

Jacca5660: how does your DW decorate for Thanksgiving?

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Thu 12, 2009 11:54 pm

I have a few things I put out for Thanksgiving/Fall, but after taking down Halloween decorations, like mindflipper said, I need a bit of a break. We love to decorate for Christmas!

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Nov Fri 13, 2009 1:03 am

My grandmother does the decoration. I just wait for the stuffing.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Fri 13, 2009 8:46 am

I change the salt and pepper shakers on my table. That's about it.

They are a husband and wife pilgrim couple. It's the same ones from the Publix commercial a few years ago. I am sure everyone in the SE remembers it, it's really cute. For those who do not have a Publix near you, here is the link to it on YouTube.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » Nov Fri 13, 2009 9:01 am

My mother decorates a little. Pilgrim figures here and there. Mostly just stuff that makes you think of fall and harvest time. I grew up in Plymouth so we kind of felt obligated to put a little something around the house. But she never over did. Nothing really stood out that would catch your eye.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Fri 13, 2009 9:04 am

agingerbugg wrote: I change the salt and pepper shakers on my table. That's about it.

They are a husband and wife pilgrim couple. It's the same ones from the Publix commercial a few years ago. I am sure everyone in the SE remembers it, it's really cute. For those who do not have a Publix near you, here is the link to it on YouTube.
Actually, I have that same salt & pepper set too. So I guess if that counts as a decoration, then I decorate for Thanksgiving.

agingerbugg
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by agingerbugg » Nov Fri 13, 2009 9:11 am

mindflipper wrote:
agingerbugg wrote: I change the salt and pepper shakers on my table. That's about it.

Actually, I have that same salt & pepper set too. So I guess if that counts as a decoration, then I decorate for Thanksgiving.
I only bought them, because that commercial is so gosh darn cute.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Fri 13, 2009 9:15 am

agingerbugg wrote:I only bought them, because that commercial is so gosh darn cute.
It is one of the better Publix ads. The other one I liked they had was where the Christmas decorations conspire the angel tree-topper to scarf down the Christmas dinner in the dark when the lights "mysteriously" go out.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Fri 13, 2009 10:32 am

agingerbugg wrote:I change the salt and pepper shakers on my table. That's about it.

Haaa! I love that commercial!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Nov Fri 13, 2009 3:59 pm

We have various Pilgrims and Indians around the house. We also have lots of different turkeys, these include a Pluto plush dressed up as a turkey. She puts out all of the Fab Five as Pilgrims, Indians, and don't ask me how this is a Thanksgiving decoration, Goofy and Mickey as football players.

There are all sorts of stuff including snow globes, horns of plenty. and those cardboard folding things in a Thanksgiving theme. We also have ceramic items like turkeys, Pilgrims, and Indians.

The biggest in joke in our home is we watch the "Macy's Day" parade. Yea we know! NO we don't have a lot of people over, been to traumatized with large family events, and everybody is out of state. It's just us! We really like it that way!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Nov Sat 14, 2009 1:58 am

My mom decorates... we have a massive turkey out and all these fall-ish plants and crap... :shock:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Sat 14, 2009 12:08 pm

Soarin08 wrote:My mom decorates... we have a massive turkey out and all these fall-ish plants and crap... :shock:
Hmmmmmmm, somebody in need of some holiday spirit, eh? :wink: